Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First of all, I believe that diet affect skin condition.

I've been eating clean for a few weeks.

lots of vegetables, fruits and water.

not that much of fried food. No chips, no chocolate......

Finally today I slipped, I cooked a bowl of super spicy instant noodles

the fried-processed noodles, the salt, the msg, the spices,

I think any of those can give me an acne.

now, there is a teeny tiny red bump (i'm not sure if that's even something yet)

but, miraculously, there're no major signs of acne showing up.

Instead I'm getting inflamed gum...somehow it got swollen .

But I think I prefer an inflamed gum inside my mouth, than inflamed acne on my face.

Luck, I guess...

I hope your new spot will heal fast. :P

But i dont think food is the factor of acne...

I was on apple diet 3 days, nothing happened to my skin.

Okey, but if i am going to gym every day, and training, bodybuilding.

Then what should i eat? Vegetables, and water? ... If i eat eggs, milk, meat, cakes, and other food like that i dont get any acne if i going to gym, but if i eating this food and sitting all day near computer, then i get more acne.

...if you feel that food makes breakout to you, then dont eat that bad food.

Real food = raw food :)

In my opinion need to eat balanced food, not only chips and fast food, but needs vegetables, some meat, water, fruits, etc...

(sorry for my english -.- hate this)

Edited by iWantBeHappy

Do you usually develop spots instantly?

I imagine it would take at least a day or two to develop inflammation from the glucemic spike, and longer than that to get hormonal imbalance causing more acne from the inside. No?

Diet has nothing to do with acne. Diet would only cause more acne if someone ate sloppy food that got stuff all over their face while eating it.

And in my case, I lived by myself for two months during my senior year in highschool and noodles were the only thing I could afford. I ate noodles atleast 5 times a week and my face looked great during that whole period.

I hope your new spot will heal fast. :P

In my opinion need to eat balanced food, not only chips and fast food, but needs vegetables, some meat, water, fruits, etc...

Thanks, actually the new spot I found went away this morning :D

and balanced food is the best. I still eat a lot of meat, just that they are not fried anymore...

eating clean, doesn't mean eating like a vegan.

I've never eaten noodles I wonder how good they taste

Noodles, most of the time it depends on the soup. People can probably appreciate instant noodles better if they like the traditional type....Also instant noodles that are manufactured in Asia (especially Japan) tastes way better than those made in elsewhere. I had those made in USA, tasted like crap... even it's the same brand and same flavor, the soup and the noodle's texture is just different...

sorry, I think I'm off topic here.... but if you have never eaten those instant noodles before, you're not missing out... stay away from it cause it's very unhealthy anyway. Pasta is better :)

Do you usually develop spots instantly?

Not instantly, but a few hours in worst case.

Maybe the pore is already clogged and just waiting for something to trigger it.

Anyway, this probably goes back to what everyone believes in how acne forms, and what causes/trigger it. I'm just speaking what I believe for myself, base on my own experience, and how my skin react to different things. I'm not trying to bring up the topic about if diet has anything to do with acne. There are a few of those conversation already in the nutrition forum, so let's not dwell on this :) but thanks for everyone's opinion.

although my gum still hurts a bit, there are no sign of new acne! :D