Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeNsAyZs0

the regimen isnt working after almost 3 months!

hi everyone....Ive been on dans regimen for almost 3 months now...I started it on july 12th...In the beginning it helped a lot with my acne...but for the past 2 months....it seems like its not working...everyday i break out with 2 or 3 pimples...I seem to be doing everything right....How long do you guys think my acne should go away...because it seems like its taking forever......Here goes my regimen....If you guys have any advice please feel free to write it...thanx so much!!

Dans cleanser- am & pm- 2 full pumps

Dans 2.5 bp- 1 & a half pumps- am & pm

Dans moisturizer- wait 20 minutes after bp is applied- and apply 1 full pump am & pm

I also shave with Nivea shaving gel for sensitive skin...I use the Gillete good news twin razor disposable razors....I would say I shave every 3 days!

Any suggestions or advice guys on the products I use please feel free to write anything...

Thank you for your help

Denis

Well, at three months, you should be using the full two pumps, so try increasing your BP a bit.

Also, have you been using the Nivea shaving gel this whole time?

Yes.. Ive been using the nivea for men sensitive skin shaving gel alcohol free...since I started the regimen...and the gillete good news twin blade razors...

Maybe the Nivea gel might be contributing to your breakouts?

You're really not supposed to add any extra products in until you're clear.

From the Biggest Mistakes page:

Adding in other products or steps: it is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in 1 variable at a time and see how your skin will react. If you add in other products or steps before you are completely clear, there is an extra variable that is uncontrolled. If you should not clear up, you will not know if it is because of the extra variable or because of something else.

oo...thanx so much...I didnt know I couldnt use other products...and that it will interfere with the regimen....but ill go ahead and start using the cleanser....but the cleanser is not a shaving gel...so how would it work when i Shave?

ok man thanx i did check it out...and ill deff try it in 2 days when I shave....how often do you think I should shave....if I shaved this morning will tuesday be good if I shave?

Well, I'm not a guy, so I don't really have any advice there. I guess you should shave when you need to!

If you usually shave every few days, I'd say stick with that for now. Have the only change in your regimen be that you're switching from the Nivea to using the Acne.org cleanser. That way you can see exactly what effect that change has.

ok thanx....now also I have oily skin...and like every 5 hours...i take 2 tissues and just blot it on my foreahead and nose and a little on my cheeks to take the oil off...is that ok if im doing that...or is that causing me to break out more???

Dans cleanser- am & pm- 2 full pumps

Dans 2.5 bp- 1 & a half pumps- am & pm

Dans moisturizer- wait 20 minutes after bp is applied- and apply 1 full pump am & pm

Hey, What i notices is you have written that you wait 20 minutes after applying bp to let it dry off.. But do u wait 10-15 mins after cleansing your face? according to Dan's regime you are supposed to let the water in your pores dry off before you apply BP...

ye you should wait between cleanser and bp to (according to dan , just started today so have no expierience)

And dan says you should shave once a day cuz it gives less irritation then once in 2 days or even longer period. But if your hear doesnt grow that fast yet i wouldnt do that. Cuz then youll get a beard faster... etc... So just make sure it doesnt grow to long.

And btw make sure you apply the cleanser to your shaving areas only then shave and then apply the cleanser to the rest of your face.

Edited by joris