Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

Breakout after breakout

It seems that every time my pimples subside, I get another breakout. It's been the same cycle over and over for as long as I remember. I've tried BP, proactive, murad and they have all completely stopped working after a while. I want to give up. FML.

How long have you had acne and what's the severity of it? I have treated my acne for over a year and about 3 months consistently (for the first time in 7 years). I can't count how many times I thought I was done with acne and have it just come back. Mostly, because my skin was really inflammed with even more red inflammed acne spots on top. SO, when the really red pustles, papules, and cysts were gone; I was tricked into thinking I was about done but my skin was still inflammed and that meant their was still bacteria deep into my pores that need to reach the surface. Until my face is totally "pale" with no inflammation; then it'll be better.

Bottom line: It's going to get worse before it gets better. Just keep treating it with: diet, home remedies, topicals etc.. Acne is one of those things where you can't give up on treating it, just because you look like a pizza face or its becomming worse. You have to keep pluggin a way and ride out the storm. I know its hard and can be discouraging some times but you can do it.

Edited by BeautifulPerseverance619

I've been having acne for 11 years now. I've tried EVERYTHING except for accutane. I currently have moderate acne at the moment. God I hate acne SOOOO much. I've suffered for too long. Every zit is leaving an indented scar on my face.

Edited by AcnePwns

eww I hate that "pizza face" term. I got called that at work a lot by this one dude.

I had acne for like 10 years, and I never really found a cure. But I do not have near as much as I did before. I also pretty much tried everything cept anything a Derma/Doc can prescribe.

I would use, at night, "acne be gone". It's pretty cheap and it really dries up pimples, especially ones you pop. (if you're popping, use a "lancet" from walmart) Don't ever squeeze your stuff.

Be gentle with your skin. Being too harsh with it, it'll just look harsh/bad.

If you haven't, just stop drinking milk for a long time.

There's this chick that had kinda bad acne that took Niacin and after a month of that stuff, she looks really nice.

here's a link. I am taking it now, but I am no where near as bad. But bad enough that I hate my skin.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/SUCCESS-C...63#entry2669563

Then there's a thread about Hibiclens, I am using both. To see what results I get. But again, I have VERY mild acne compared to what I had awhile ago. (5 months ago when I started to not care much)

my bad, (since I cant edit) I'll add..

Bye Bye Blemish Drying Lotion For Acne

Not acne be gone.. I was thinking of something else..

Try this right here this is what cured my acne and i had it real badd ....buy oxy maximun face wash and neutrogena oil free acne stress control hydrating cream......Wash your face wit the oxy for 30 seconds rinse off wit hot water wait 5 minutes then apply the nuetrogena cream all over your face ....Try it and keep me posted

eww I hate that "pizza face" term. I got called that at work a lot by this one dude.

I had acne for like 10 years, and I never really found a cure. But I do not have near as much as I did before. I also pretty much tried everything cept anything a Derma/Doc can prescribe.

I would use, at night, "acne be gone". It's pretty cheap and it really dries up pimples, especially ones you pop. (if you're popping, use a "lancet" from walmart) Don't ever squeeze your stuff.

There's this chick that had kinda bad acne that took Niacin and after a month of that stuff, she looks really nice.

here's a link. I am taking it now, but I am no where near as bad. But bad enough that I hate my skin.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/SUCCESS-C...63#entry2669563

Then there's a thread about Hibiclens, I am using both. To see what results I get. But again, I have VERY mild acne compared to what I had awhile ago. (5 months ago when I started to not care much)

I started out with moderate to severe acne at 11 years ago which turned to mild acne when I was 16-20. After that I started getting moderate acne again. I don't drink milk at all because I know it aggravates acne. I realy dont think any topical will help.

Try this right here this is what cured my acne and i had it real badd ....buy oxy maximun face wash and neutrogena oil free acne stress control hydrating cream......Wash your face wit the oxy for 30 seconds rinse off wit hot water wait 5 minutes then apply the nuetrogena cream all over your face ....Try it and keep me posted

I don't think any face wash is going to help.

I am 21 years old, last year I started taking accutane after 6 months of the traetment my breakouts subside dramatically, I stopped accutane 8 months ago during that period i got only 4-5 Pimples and they were very small and didnt bother me at all, in the last 3 months I did not get any breakout my face is way better now :D , the only thing that I regret is not taking accutane earlier because now I have alot of scars :wall:

But this durg has a very nasty side effects, my lips were completely dry, I had Back pain, my hair was very dry and it started to fallout and dont forget Depression, I suggest you research its side effects first before taking it :naughty: , it worked for me no breakouts anymore :dance:

I am 21 years old, last year I started taking accutane after 6 months of the traetment my breakouts subside dramatically, I stopped accutane 8 months ago during that period i got only 4-5 Pimples and they were very small and didnt bother me at all, in the last 3 months I did not get any breakout my face is way better now :D , the only thing that I regret is not taking accutane earlier because now I have alot of scars :wall:

But this durg has a very nasty side effects, my lips were completely dry, I had Back pain, my hair was very dry and it started to fallout and dont forget Depression, I suggest you research its side effects first before taking it :naughty: , it worked for me no breakouts anymore :dance:

That's the reason why I don't take it. It thins the skin and makes you more prone to scarring also.

That's the reason why I don't take it. It thins the skin and makes you more prone to scarring also.

Even without accutane you are going scar if you have cycstic acne. I dont see how accutane make your scarring worse since you don't have acne anymore. Most people stop getting acne around 2 month mark.

Edited by ShakeShake

I would like to point out that side effects of isoretonin (accutane)vary from person to person and that there is no way to generalize. I had very minimal side effects (dryer lips than normal).

I think that it is important to realize that most over the counter products are not designed to treat chronic and severe acne. Sooner or later a visit to the dermatologist is in order, and isoretonin is not the only answer.

Some people report good results using nutrional and holisitc means to treat their severe acne. It's trial and error, but favorable results have been reported.

Joe Zit

Try a sulfur wash like Clenia. Its a miracle worker. Also, try using organic Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner. It seriously cleared my face up soo quickly and made it less oily. My face was never horrible, but I definitly had pretty bad breakouts that lasted a few months at a time. I also got prescribed this Clinac BPO7 that I put on in the mornign and it dries up everything. Also take vitamins...vitamins A,B,C,E Zinc, and Fish Oil are all very healthy for the skin. Good Luckk

Hello there

I know how you feel but think i have the answer, buy some organic honey i have been using it for 4days (morrisons £2.19 with soil association stamp on it) make sure you dont have an allergy to it though , I have it on my toast every day and also put on my face for about 30mins to an hour, OMG it feels so nice, then wash off just with warm water and leave till morning, after the second day i notice a huge difference with my skin, you can also mix it with line or lemon oats cucumber, i came across a website by typing in "benefits of honey" have look your self, its important that its organi as some bee keepers feed there bees with glucose, i was quite shocked by that, also try to cut out dairy cheese milk butter eggs are ok with me , garlic ,fast food burgers, its hard to cut out but its well worth having clearer skin.

I have tried everything and even put garlic on my spots because someone said it had worked for them NO it made them worse and eating is just as bad, and also check labels on all food as ingrdiants garlic is in most and milk stuff.

hope this works for you :dance:

Even without accutane you are going scar if you have cycstic acne. I dont see how accutane make your scarring worse since you don't have acne anymore. Most people stop getting acne around 2 month mark.

I have heard from many people on this board that they developed scars on accutane that were never there before.

I would like to point out that side effects of isoretonin (accutane)vary from person to person and that there is no way to generalize. I had very minimal side effects (dryer lips than normal).

I think that it is important to realize that most over the counter products are not designed to treat chronic and severe acne. Sooner or later a visit to the dermatologist is in order, and isoretonin is not the only answer.

Some people report good results using nutrional and holisitc means to treat their severe acne. It's trial and error, but favorable results have been reported.

Joe Zit

Well, my hair is already falling out. I already have dry skin even though i moisturize. I also have sensitive skin. I like to be outdoors, not to mention i work outdoors and being on accutane will make my skin more sensitive to the sun. I also cannot use many other treatments if I am on accutane. There are just too many potential side effects.

I hate the "pizza face" term too! In grade 7 a bunch of guys were standing together laughing and I later figured out it was at me, calling me pizza face and other really unoriginal nicknames refering to my acne. This upset me a lot and I started to cry but I tried not to let anyone see. I cried myself to sleep for several weeks and now 4 years I barely look in the mirror because I can't handle seeing my acne. This site is amazing because I can finally talk to people about this who actually understand and know how difficult it is to deal with. Thanks

I CURED MY ACNE !!!

Stop all anti biotics. It just harms you. What you have to do is cut all diary from your diet! You heard it! Cut all diary from your diet. Milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, cream, ice cream, whipped cream, etc etc etc! DO IT NOW! And see your skin heal in a matter of a couple of weeks! You can carry on topical treatments just be gentle with your skin.

But bottom line: NO DIARY NO ACNE!

Yes, it is that simple!

Change your life now!

Google ' Dr.Fisher, diary, acne '

This doctor unveiled the secret behind acne a century ago. Right after that, the industry that makes billions on creating creams and antibiotics that 'treat' acne destroyed the report!!!

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN

Good Luck!

spottycoyote