Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melodie

Best makeup for women in their late 20s?

Hey girls,I need some help,I will soon be 29 and my skin has definatly changed,I used to be able to wear all kinds of foundation whether it be cover girl or loreal.Well the only makeup I found that doesnt break me out is physicians formula but it makes my skin look gross and dry and bumpy and makes me look wrinkly even though Im not!What is a good make up that will not cause break outs and looks nice and smooth?

Hi, Melodie. I'm 32 and love mineral makeup. Not the drugstore kind because they contain a ton of ingredients that make my skin bumpy, but there are a lot of MM's online that contain minimal ingredients: Every Day Minerals, Smoky Mountain Minerals, etc. The trick is to buy a kabuki brush so it spreads evenly and some folks even damp the brush a little to get a more liquid foundation setting. Good luck in your search. :)

Thanks for replying,I havent been on here in a while! Its just strange when I was younger makeup always made me look better,now it makes my skin look even worse! I mean texture wise it looks worse,makeup covers redness which is good but not so much help when it makes my skin texture look gross,lol. I tried bare minerals and didnt really care for it,physicians formula mineral powder is ok as long as I dont use too much but Im looking for something more moisturing and not so cakey and powdery. I went out and bought physicians formula mineral powder liquid foundation,I had used it about 2 years ago and it looked great but my skin is so dry and flakey most makeup I use looks awful! I just started exfoliating a couple weeks ago so my skin is kinda better. Arrggg I hate hate having crappy skin!

I love estee lauder eye shadow!! Never tried the foundation,actually every foundation I ever used was drug store/walmart brands. I actually havent really worn foundation at all the past 3 years but I want to wear it again cause I have dark circles around my eyes and my skin looks tired lately!!! It needs a little help! I remember wearing revlon and loreal years back they werent too bad. I will never use covergirl or maybeline again the broke my skin out horribly. Anyone ever try clinique foundations?

Im thrilled I found a good foundation!Actually a couple...one is by elizabeth arden but its almost $40 a bottle!So I bought Almay line smoothing makeup it works great for my skin and looks really natural,Ive been using it the past week and so far it hasnt caused any breakouts! :dance:

I'm a big fan of dermalogica. It's not too heavy of a coverage which could be a downside if you have bad skin but if you just want minimal coverage to even out your skin tone and add a dewey glow - Dermalogica!!! At nights when I want more coverage or if my skin has decided to hate me, lol, I use Colorstay by Revlon. Just be sure to remove it very well at night so you don't add to the acne problem. I always get compliments on my makeup so give em a shot :-)

Ive used revlon before and it was a decent foundation.Im really liking this Almay line smoothing makeup though!

I know this post is a bit old, but just came across it and thought I would add to it...

I've just started using the oil-free tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier. It is lovely and light and covers imperfections so beautifully. I've been using it about a month now and so far no problems with breakouts. I have light-medium skin tone and got it in 'Sand'. I decided to try it after seeing a few recommendations on various blogs and reviews on Makeupalley.

For a moisturizer I love Trilogy Rosehip Oil. I've been using this for a few years now and it is just great. After rinsing my face with water, I put a few drops in my hand and pat it onto my face. This is the only thing I've found that makes my skin feel 'normal'--ie. not dry, itchy, red.

After years of dealing with acne, I had a huge improvement after changing to a high-raw food diet including juicing and green smoothies.

I just started using clinique even better foundation its suppose to help your complexion in 3-4 weeks believe it is. I like it not to heavy coverage i switched to foundation when i got pregnant last jan because my hormones were makin me break out like mad. Before that i used dermalogica tinted moisturiser with maybeline mineral veil overtop to set it. No matter what you use always make sure its non comedogenic thats key!