Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aasaalhum

i've been using tazorac for about a month

and i'm still getting 1-2 pimples every night

how long does it take to start working?! i'm getting these really hard nodules on my jawline every now and then, too. i hate it :( when does it start getting better?! my brother's wedding is in 2.5 months and i don't want my face to be covered with spots...

and i'm still getting 1-2 pimples every night

how long does it take to start working?! i'm getting these really hard nodules on my jawline every now and then, too. i hate it :( when does it start getting better?! my brother's wedding is in 2.5 months and i don't want my face to be covered with spots...

What % are you using? I'd say give it a couple months or so, and if your skin isn't improving, talk to your derm about increasing the concentration... that seems to be the trick with retinoids for most people.

But in general, it does take 3-4 months for results... however, it seems like stubborn acne that doesn't clear up in a few months needs a higher concentration.

Are you using any other topicals?

Also, smart guy has a good taz log... I find reading successful logs to be encouraging :)

i'm using .1% cream, so it's pretty strong, but the gel would probably work even better...and i have oily skin, so i'm thinking about having my dad call in a rx for the gel. i've also been on 45 mg of minocycline for a month. i'm just tired of all this and wearing makeup that looks crappy because of my uneven skin tone and oil slick of a face. for those of you with more experience, do you think the gel would be better for very oily skin?

and thanks for the link :)

i hope i get my skin back...

Edited by aasaalhum

I have been on taz for 14 weeks now. I am still getting breakouts but not really bad breakouts - mostly small clogged pores every few days. It wasn't until around the 12th week that my skin became slightly predictable. I have all four concentrations and I find that I can just not tolerate the gel - it is far too harsh on my skin - even if I only use it once a week in rotation with the cream. So I have been alternating between the .5 cream (3 days a week), the .1 cream (3 days a week), and the .1 gel (once a week). If you have oily skin I would try the gel. I have really dry skin and the gel makes my skin chapped and dry.

14 weeks and still breaking out??

:(

i think i'll go with the .1 gel and see what happens. tazorac is SO expensive, though...i don't know how much my insurance is going to help, and the cash price is about 450!

Yes, the gel should be better than the cream for oily skin. I suppose if you can't get the taz gel (because of insurance), you could check if retin-a micro (0.1%) is covered by your insurance... they are similar products.

Good luck, I hope your skin starts to clear up soon :)

thank you! although i'm kind of worried about starting a new topical, so since i've been on taz for a month already, i'll probably just stick with it and hopefully it'll turn out well! thanks again :)