Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
collegegirl19

MY Accutane LOG Starting 10/02/09

Hey guyss. Well a little background info. I've had acne since i was 13 and it was mostly mild until about 2 years ago it got worse and Ive tried different antibiotics, topical creams, natural stuff and more. SO finally i get to accutane hopefully what is my cure to moderate persistent acne.

Today after dinner i took my first pill. 20 mg. Every week Ill update how im doing and my side effects.

Good luck on your course! I am on Day 10, so I am just a bit ahead of you. I'll check in on you soon to see how it's going!

Ok guys so i promised to update every week so here it goes.

DAY 1-7:

First few days I had mild headaches but now they are gone:) Around day 6 my lips became slightly chapped but nothing too noticable! As for the good news I have only gotten 2-3 pimples since i started accutane and the rest of my face is just red marks from pastt pimples. I hope they heal soon because it looks bad.

To concludee everything seems to be working and I do not have any complaints. :dance:

I havent been able to come on for a few days but here is my update:))

Day 7-14: Everything seems to be going really good. No side effects; well except starting day 13 my lips are becoming more chapped but still not bothersomee to me. My acne is clearing upp and im not breaking out on a daily basis like i used to. I get a few pimples a week. Oh and red marks are SLOWLY fading..but atleast they are. Ugh the pores on my cheeeks bother me because they are small but still annoying to look at while in front of a mirror. Does anyone know if those closed up a bit after accutane?? Because people with flawless skin usually have tinierr almost invisible pores.

Roxygal: Thank you so much:)

Day 15-21

Almost done with the firstt month im excited about that. Well Accutane can be pretty unpredictable. During the first 3 weeks I was clearing up significantly but during the last few days im starting to break out not as bad as i was prior accutane but just a little upsetting ofcourse because who wants more acne. Well as for side effects uhmm same dry lips somedays they are drier than others. Also a little lower back pain...kind of feels like when you work out and your muscles are sore, thats all.

Ohhh blackheadss on my nose, i barely got them before...And still the same red marks S L O W L Y fading...

Edited by collegegirl19

Day 22- End of Month 1:

Hey guys...So far so good. Only side effects are dry lips and headaches once in awhile. My face is not completly clear and im still breaking out but im improving :) I went for my first month check in and my derm is going to keep me on 20mg a day because she said everything is going well, but next month she will bump me up to 40 mg a day.

Edited by collegegirl19

Yes, seems like you're making good progress.

I'm due to see the Dermatologist next week and he's more than likely going to give me a strong course of Accutane. It's good to read through your log to see your progress.

As for the dry and cracked lips, plenty of vasciline should sort that out.

I wish you the best of luck for the rest of your course, keep positive!

Awwe Thank you! I wish you the best of luck on your treatment too, Ill check hows it going for you:))

HEY! I AM ABOUT 20 DAYS BEHIND YOU. I AM ON 80 Mgs A DAY, NOT SURE WHY CUZ IM ONLY 140 LBS AND A FEMALE. BUT ANYWAYS, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR COURSE :)