Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommo

My doctor won't give me my accutane prescription!

I have used up my Accutane, i have been on 20mg for 2 months now and i ran out, i had an appointment booked for the 27th (25 days from now, or about 4 weeks) and he has told me that i will have to wait for that appointment to get another dose.

he told me that accutane stays in the system for 4 weeks, but i am worried my skin will get worse again if i stop taking them!

Is it normal for you to have a 4 week gap between going from 20mg to a higher dosage?

Thanks for help!!

You could ask the scheduler to call you if there are any cancellations. Next time bring your calendar with you and make the follow-up appointment before you leave.

I can't speak to the pharmacology of Accutane. I've never used it. Perhaps you can search it, too.

How did you end up with an 8 week gap between appointments? I've seen others say Accutane remains in system for up to a month after usage is stopped. However, I wouldn't say it is normal to have that kind of break. Most people continue month after month regardless of dosage. I was just bumped from 20mg to 40mg myself and there wasn't any break.

I think your only option is to ask the receptionist to notify you of any cancellations as the above poster said.

Edited by jbird12