Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeNsAyZs0

vitamin A & vitamin E

hiii guys....I revently came acrosss reading that vitamin A & E capsules are good for your skin and acne....Has anyone actually had a good experience with either of these vitamins??

Please let me know...Im planning on taking them..to see if they work for my acne!!

Hello,

I have heard Vitamin E is great for your skin, but not necessarily acne. Vitamin E oil does help your acne scars. I have been using it for sometime and there has been quite a difference. Taking Vitamin E orally, I have not noticed much of a difference.

I have not heard much about Vitamin A though.

Good Luck!

Michelle

I believe that both can be helpful in moderation.

Both are fat soluble vitamins and can reach toxic levels if taken in excessive doses. Please follow packaged directions or seek the advice of a physician.

ive seen the results of a small study about ance and vit A/E (not really much people) and they found that how worse the acne how less vitamin A and E they have in their blood (varies from normal at none to half of the amount at servere.) But i dont want to take vitamin capsules that i have cuz i already eat 6 fruits a day and that would lead to way to much vitamin C. Can someone check this out i already ordered the regimen...

Edited by joris

One vitamin is not relative to the other and it's most difficult to get too much vitamin C (it's water soluble).

this is what i found:

Parameters control (n = 100) light acne (n = 30) moderete acne (n = 45) severe acne (n = 25)

Vitamin A (mcg/L) 418,1 ± 100,4 398,8 ± 100,9 355,2 ± 81,8 202,8 ± 53,5

Vitamin E (mg/L) 5,9 ± 1,4 5,9 ± 1,7 5,7 ± 2,3 4,1 ± 1,4

i know the table doesnt look so great, also had to translate some.

n= numer of persons so it arent that much people...

Im just going to eat cheese (didnt do that) and im going to drink more milk. And hope it works.

Edited by joris