Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crashoran

I skipped one day of shaving

Is it normal to break out after interrupting your routine shaving schedule? I started the regimen about 3 weeks ago and have been shaving every single day each morning, everything was clearing up, but yesterday I decided to skip. After I shaved today, I saw dozens of new spots and whiteheads. Why is this??

Is it normal to break out after interrupting your routine shaving schedule? I started the regimen about 3 weeks ago and have been shaving every single day each morning, everything was clearing up, but yesterday I decided to skip. After I shaved today, I saw dozens of new spots and whiteheads. Why is this??

Coincidental purge most likely.

Apparently the longer you leave between shaving the more irritating it can be because the hair is longer, this is what I've heard anyway. I don't see how skipping just one day would make that much of a difference so I'd go with the coincidence thing too.

Apparently the longer you leave between shaving the more irritating it can be because the hair is longer, this is what I've heard anyway. I don't see how skipping just one day would make that much of a difference so I'd go with the coincidence thing too.

From personal experience I believe that its just hearsay , it really depends on skin type and if your shaving over acne as well. Shaving everyday train wrecks my face no matter how gentle or few strokes I do.

May I ask you what brand of shaving foam you guys use?

I use Aveeno (oatmeal variation) there's two other types but they seem to redden my face a bit.

Edited by denialz