Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi people i had 3 subcision so far scars were somewhat levelled but after 6 months i'm seeing that the scars are sinking back in. Does it actually happen or i'm one unlucky person please help this poor guy:-(

I have bad rolling scars on my temples.

I had 2 subcisions and some laser treatment. My scars have improvved but they are still very noticeable.

Hi people i had 3 subcision so far scars were somewhat levelled but after 6 months i'm seeing that the scars are sinking back in. Does it actually happen or i'm one unlucky person please help this poor guy:-(

Subcision releases the bound down scar tissue from the underlying tissue. This is great in leveling out your scars in the short term, but eventually the bands reattach and you are left with at best minimal improvement. That's why to get the best results, it's best to get some type of filler along with subcision or grafts. You need something to keep the scar tissue from reattaching. Acne scars are a bitch, I feel you. Hang in there.

Subcision releases the bound down scar tissue from the underlying tissue. This is great in leveling out your scars in the short term, but eventually the bands reattach and you are left with at best minimal improvement. That's why to get the best results, it's best to get some type of filler along with subcision or grafts. You need something to keep the scar tissue from reattaching. Acne scars are a bitch, I feel you. Hang in there.

Thanks for the reply feel terrible having these scars. As you said we should get filler, wouldn't it be temporary, can we get saline injection or something cheap instead of getting a temporary filler every 6 months. But thanks for the suggestion though

I have bad rolling scars on my temples.

I had 2 subcisions and some laser treatment. My scars have improvved but they are still very noticeable.

Wat laser treatment did you have. Do you feel like they are coming back sinking in again

you're an exception, i guess.

in the most cases subcision works good and not temporary.

Did you have subcision ? Did you ever feel that your scars are sinking back in may be just for some time, temporarily. Because sometimes my scars seem good even i'm tired but sometime they look extremely bad even though after a good sleep of 9 hours

People please let me know if the improvement after a year of subcision is temporary because my rolling scar is seen to be coming back. I used to use tazorac but now i quit it. I'm working out may be lost some facial fat, but i dont think i have facial fat cause i'm a skinny guy and i am using a topical gel which is supposed to help with hypotrophic scars could this be a reason. Please guys help me how your subcisions results are. People who had subcision 2 3 years ago, how your results are now is your improvement still intact. Please please help me

this post is informative keep it going. I had a subcision a few months ago..I think almost 3.5 months ago...rolling scar somewhat improved maybe 30-40% can't tell if improvement is diminishing but next to my rolling scar which the doc attempted to raise obviously...skin appears raised over general skin and next to it I have a line-like depressed scar that looks unnatural. Not sure if I have bad luck or am the only person that has had this...am seeking to do a dermal graft in combo with another subcision possibly in about 1.5 months. I use tazorac for topical nightly...taking vitamin C...those are only helpful they do not do MUCH...just slightly. I would advise to use a retinoid though while doing these types of things in between.

Thoughts?

Keep this thread alive.

this post is informative keep it going. I had a subcision a few months ago..I think almost 3.5 months ago...rolling scar somewhat improved maybe 30-40% can't tell if improvement is diminishing but next to my rolling scar which the doc attempted to raise obviously...skin appears raised over general skin and next to it I have a line-like depressed scar that looks unnatural. Not sure if I have bad luck or am the only person that has had this...am seeking to do a dermal graft in combo with another subcision possibly in about 1.5 months. I use tazorac for topical nightly...taking vitamin C...those are only helpful they do not do MUCH...just slightly. I would advise to use a retinoid though while doing these types of things in between.

Thoughts?

Keep this thread alive.

Thanks so much pal I really apprichate it, Very soon i'm going to have an appointment with one of the best plastic surgeon, I am going to ask him what he has to say, but can't believe the doctors or surgeons because they dont deal with the scars like we do, they dont go through the pain like we do, they dont observe changes in their skin like we do, and they dont perform these procedures on themselves so in a nutshell they are just taught how these procedures are done and what their outcome is, they dont bother to innovate new things in this field (Unlike Dr. Sire). Subcision the procedure seems to be innovated just a couple of years ago or may be a decade, then how did they conclude that this is a permanent procedure. Sometimes i think we scarred people should have our own country where every scars sufferer can live a decent life without any embarrassment cause every person around us would have scars until we find a fix to it.

I've recently observed that tazorac has made my skin fragile. I quit tazorac 2 moths ago and now not using any topical hoping my skin to clear on its own. recently i got 3 tiny zits which scarred me, which never happened in the past they are now brown marks like the point of a board marker, WTF! I dont know where the hell did i get a new tiny rolling scar which was never ever there before i dont know why this is happening to me.

I've noticed something that after every 10 to 12 days my skin becomes rough and scars become more pronunced and deeper but after some days my skin starts looking smooth again why does it happen to me