Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spoolice

How I control Bacne

I have had severe bacne for about five years now. The first outbreak came when I was 14 and I had no idea what to do. As I remmeber I used useless over the coutners like clearasil. As a result I have big white keloid scars on my back and shoulders.

Last year I was lookong on this website for a way to beat bacne and came across the head and shoulders regimen. I tried it and it worked great to clear up a particularly bad patch. After I cleared I used it sporadically, when i could be bothered. This was a mistake as now it is back, AND THE WORST IT HAS BEEN EVER.

However, I've done some reading and come up with a regimen that works great. Its been about two weeks and my back is unbelievably improved.

Mornings: Soak cotton ball in a mixture of water, vinegar, tea tree oil and salt (I keep it pre-made in a bottle). Apply liberally all over affected area of body. Allow to air dry and then put on shirt.

Nights: Wash your body with H&S classic clean in the shower. Rinse off. Get out of the shower and put a blob of H&S onto a loofah. Using the loofah spread a thin layer of H&S all over the affected area. It should be a reasonably bubbly lather. Allow to air dry. DO NOT RINSE.

The regimen is quite harsh but if you have a tough back you will be fine. If it is too harsh, reduce the concentration of vinegar and H&S that you are applying until you can tolerate it.

Additional tips:

Spot treat with manuka honey (whenever) to assist healing

Take fish oil and zinc

Sounds like a promissing regime but I have a few questions:

#1. when you apply the tea tree oil/ vinegar etc solution in the morning isn't it sticky/smelly all day if you don't rinse it off? and do you shower in the morning to rinse off the h&s you applied the night before?

#2. doesn't your skin get really dry and or irritated when you leave the h&s on all night?

#3. how much fish oil and zinc per day and what form of zinc?

Hi there

#1. Nope the stuff just soaks right on in and is dry in a minute or two. The smell is strong but only lingers for a few minutes. People would never know you had vinegar on your skin. And no I don't shower in the morning. Once again the H&S just dries on your skin, doesnt really leave alot of residue or if it does it rubs off overnight. But you could shower if you wanted to.

#2. Initially my skin got really dry and peeled. But having dry skin is infinitely better than having a minefield of acne :) Now that my back is used to it it is pretty tough. The skin is smooth too...the H&S smooths bumps and reduces inflammation although it is highly drying.

#3. Take as much fish oil and zinc as you see fit. This really has no impact on the regimen, its just a useful thing you can do to further your progress. I take 100mg chelated zinc and 6000mg of fish oil daily.

Hope this helps!

Thanks I will give this a try, I had limited success with h&s by itself, and zinc gluconate. I will try showering in the evening only, I have a feeling that frequent showers dries the skin causing more oil production so maybe this regime will work. Also, what is this manuka honey stuff? and roughly what proportions of the stuff do you put in the vinegar solution? and what type of vinegar do you use?

Edited by jiveturkey86

Yeah this worked much better for me than H&S on its own. My (unscientific) theory is that the alkali of the H&S and the acid of the vinegar counterbalance each other. Or maybe its just a case of hitting the bacteria with everything you can.

Yes, I think one shower a day is better than two.

Manuka honey is a speccial type of honey that has strong antibacterial and healing properties. Google it to find somewhere to buy it. get one with a UMF (Unique manuka factor) of 18 or more.

I don't measure the proportions of the vinegar mix...but I would say roughly 50/50 water/vinegar is a good starting point. I use apple cider but I think any vinegar will do really. Then I just hold the tea tree oil over the bottle and drip it out until there is a thick film of oil over the vinegar/water. Then just add a few teaspoons of salt, seasalt if you have it, and shake it up.

You have to shake it up each time because the TTO doesn't mix with the water/vinegar.

Good luck to you!

let me know if you have any more Q's and let me know your results.

I tried the H&S thing for about a month and a half...leaving the bubbles on.

Its terrible for your skin. If you keep doing it you're going to get terrible rashes on the sensitive areas of your back (by the back of your arm and armpit.

that shit sucks

Ok so I tried leaving the H&S on. I didn't like it, it was too irritating. I just started using the

sea salt/ac vinegar/tea tree oil solution as well as daily zinc and fish oil supplements. I'll post back in a few days w/ my results.

Don't think we have H&S here in Brazil.

I bought 60ml of tea tree oil on ebay 'cuz I can't seen to find it here.

Thinkin' it's not enough for a long time...

How much do you think it should last?

Don't think we have H&S here in Brazil.

I bought 60ml of tea tree oil on ebay 'cuz I can't seen to find it here.

Thinkin' it's not enough for a long time...

How much do you think it should last?

Tea tree oil lasts a long time, it comes out of the bottle in tiny little droplets. I've had a 50ml bottle for a month and its still 85% full.

Ok so I've been using the acv/sea salt/ tea tree solution with zinc/fish oil supplement for 3 days now. I have noticed minor improvements so far as well as a pretty good fading of existing red marks and healing of recent spots. It doesn't seem to prevent new outbreaks by 100% but things are definately looking a lot better than 3 days ago. I will continue on this regime and keep posting my results. Thx again to the topic starter.

No worries mate. I hope you keep seeing results.

Don't forget it might take a week or so before you notice major improvements, and without the H&S I can't guarantee it will work as well.

Just a sidenote: My back is unbelievably clear and smooth right now considering how nasty it was just a month ago. Just red marks to go, and the vinegar is fadin them.

So it's day 5 with the acv/sea salt/ tea tree solution. I've noticed major improvements thus far. My back looks the healthiest it has in a long time. There have been only 3 new spots but they are minor. I havn't been consistent with the zinc and fish oil and I had a couple days of junk food and alcohol. I've only been using the H&S as a body wash in the shower rather than leaving it on. I've been reading about niacin supplements as well and I'm considering adding it in. I will continue/improve what I'm doing and post back in a few days with results.

Glad to see your getting results man. Stick with it and increase the vinegar/tea tree oil proportion if you want. And using H&S as a body wash is good. if you leave it on a few minutes it'll work best (other than using it overnight like me)

Ok so it's been about 10 days now. I think the regime is starting to lose effectiveness. I had great results up until recently then I had a new breakout yesterday. I'm gonna try increasing potency of the acv/salt/tto as well as leaving the h&s on and see if it gets better.

head and shoulders... good for cleansing. I highly recommend not putting it overnight as I used to do it. And I literally got cracks on my skin everywhere (chest and back) and blood was visible in those cracks. Not pretty. Not to mention, so much pain I cried lol.

head and shoulders... good for cleansing. I highly recommend not putting it overnight as I used to do it. And I literally got cracks on my skin everywhere (chest and back) and blood was visible in those cracks. Not pretty. Not to mention, so much pain I cried lol.

cracked skin from leaving it on once or from doing it a bunch of times?

can you tell us how your back is now? is it clear yet?

Jiveturkey, man thats a shame to hear. Keep trying I'm sure you'll find something that works.

Alliysone I'm not sure if you mean me? But nah it isn't clear, but a whole lot better. If you are who I think you are my back will be horrific by your standards :D

But good for me.

Picture:

post-62413-1256887957_thumb.jpg

post-62413-1256887957_thumb.jpg

Jiveturkey, man thats a shame to hear. Keep trying I'm sure you'll find something that works.

Alliysone I'm not sure if you mean me? But nah it isn't clear, but a whole lot better. If you are who I think you are my back will be horrific by your standards :D

But good for me.

Picture:

wow haha the picture was sideways so I thought your braid was a pencil sticking out of your back. lol

But congrats on your improvements!