Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rosehoe

First week of the Regimen

Hiya,

Forgive me for being a little cranky but i'm in the 'disgusting first week of the regimen' phase. I feel as though i could probably win the "Flakiest skin title" at the moment. So my regimen is this:

Morning -

Cleanse with cetaphil gentle

BP

Moisturiser w/SPF + jojoba oil

Night -

Cleanse with cetaphil

BP

Aloe Vera Gel

Could someone tell me if this is alright? I wasn't sure whether the aloe gel is doing me good or bad? I liked it before i started the regimen and that's why i still use it. Another question - is there such a thing as too much jojoba? I feel like i could be using too much at the moment in order to prevent flakes (with no success really).

Anyone got any hot tips to get through this? I know, i know patience...

How much BP are you currently using?

You might want to switch to an actual moisturizer for now-not just aloe. It might help a lot with the dryness and flakiness.

As for the jojoba, you can pretty much what you're comfortable with. Dan uses about six drops mixed into his moisturizer.

I'm actually using Panoxyl at the moment =/ because i live in the UK so i wasn't sure about how to go about getting Dan's BP. I have read reviews that panoxyl is extremely irritating so i may switch to Brevoxyl. Anyone had experience with both? I'm only using a small about of BP, maybe a third of a finger at morning and night.

Just picked up some e45 moisturising cream :)

Euhhh i'm having such a bad initial breakout. Not only is my skin unbearably flaky and dry but i have 2 cysts and whiteheads popping up daily. I've been on the regimen for only a week, but my skin looks FAR worse than it did when i began. I realise i should probably expect this but gees, did anyone else have it really bad to begin with?!

You're probably purging. A lot of people go through that.

The BP is helping to draw the gunk that's forming in your skin to the surface, so you're breaking out. While it's not very fun to deal with, try to look at it as being beneficial: The BP is helping to clean out your skin. ; )