Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greensalad

How to choose make up?

:catdance: Hey people! I am about to go out and get me some new make up! I need to get everything(I am dumping out my old make up because I do not want my acne to get worst.)! What type of make up should I avoid, and what should I buy? Please help! I am looking all around the net, and everything is so confusing for me to understand! Thanks! :wall:

When looking at liquid products, try to go with the product with the thinner consistency. That means it has less thickeners in it, which are what clog pores in makeup. Loose powder also contains less thickeners than pressed powder.

Yeah the info on the internet can be overwhelming...I always read the reviews from makeupalley.com..a lot of women post there and i base most of my makeup purchases off of the ratings. The reviewers usually make note of what type of skin they have and whether the product makes them break out or not

for face makeup i would go with foundations, blushes that feel light on the skin and are also light on the ingredients. just like ^ said, makeupalley can be a good source. unfortunately, the only way you can really tell if something will work for you is by trying it on yourself. so if samples are available, i'd go with that before buying a full size of something.

if video tutorials help you, check on youtube for someone who's wearing a look you like and try their techniques. i think there's a bunch of girls on there who really know how to work their features.

Edited by den_den

Hi there..youve prob already went out and got your makeup.

Try to get oil free foundations, this is what i use and doesnt seem to make breakouts worse.

I use this foundation: http://www.rimmellondon.com/UK/products/fa...uct.aspx?id=359

You can get conceler sticks that contain tea tree, which are good.

Try to read the back of labels, products containing talc and benotnite which thickens up products is really bad for clogging the pores. I can put products containing talc on my face, but alot of people are senstive to it!

first of all, check out almay products. they are noncomedogenic (won't clog your pores) and dan recommends them here on the site. if you don't want that, try a makeup or concealer with salicylic acid in it, which is a very popular acne fighting ingredient. as for everything else, i recommend powder by covergirl (not sure what it's called but it's in a green compact) because it's noncomedogemic and non-acnegenic. maybelline great lash mascara looks great if you use a lash comb after you apply it, and revlon colorstay eyeliner stays on forever and is waterproof.

Not sure if you were looking for airbrush makeup or not but o2cosmetics I just got & love it. It feels light & it is water based airbrush foundation. They have a samll system on their website for like 280 something & it comes with 3 shades of makeup that u pick out. I mix my shades , haven't tried the blush yet though. Whatever you go with hope it works out for you . Good luck:)

Guest Rocky666

Liquid: Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX w/ SPF 15

Powder: BareMinerals or Maybelline Mineral Power

Concealer: L'Oreal True Match