Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pchic

Chemical peel to reduce redness and pitted scars

I've decided to go for chemical peels instead of laser because chemical peels sound safer to me after reading up on the net and it's much cheaper too.

I have redness, a lot of it has faded quite a bit but I still have some on my cheeks. I have pitted scars, they look like pores. I have very enlarged pores on my t zones because of my very oily skin.

I am on glycolic acid 12% for a long time now, so I feel my skin should be able to take chemical peels seeing how I don't have a bad reaction to acids. Just wondering what type of peel would suit my type of skin, if pitted scars are the most of my worries?

Also, I assume I would have to avoid my skincare routin that includes aha and bha during the downtime?

Edited by pchic

Hey fellow Sger lol. Have u consulted the derm or plastic surgeon yet? I believe they are better placed to answer your question, as we dun really know your condition.

There is a thead about peels. You should look it up. Definitely stay away from AHA for a 1-2 days before and after each peel.