Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am 19 years old and have been suffering with Acne since i was 11/12 yrs old. I am soo fed up with it as I have tried EVERYTHING! And my skin is still breaking out. I have little ice pick scars on my cheeks all the way accross to the sides of my nose(through stupidly picking and prodding my face) and get really painfull spots and breakout in new spots near enough everyday. I have just stopped taking a course of Oxytetrecycline tablets as they did nothing for me. I suffer with back acne and acne on my chest also. It's sooo depressing! I'm getting married in 2 years and really want my skin to at least improve. Anybody got any tips, tricks or solutions to at least ease off my acne? Thanks :)

Antibiotic pills never really did much for me except make my sick at my stomach. The exception to this is once I had a bad respiratory infection and my Doctor put me on something (probably tetracycline) for a week. It was STRONG and cleared my infection up no problem, it also cleared my face and kept if clear for 2 months.

I think the problem is that when they give you antibiotics for acne they just aren't strong enough to do much, and I understand why they are concerned about giving you large doses.

Now, for advice, I have read that some people have had success adding 1/2 cup of non-iodizined salt to bath water and soaking in it for 30 minutes. I've heard it helps with body acne.

I'm using a gentle SA 2% face wash, glycolic acid and saltwater (left overnight). I'm having good success with it.

If you have cystic acne, you could talk to your Doc about accutane, but it has a lot of side effects.

Hope that helps.