Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaynie

Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Skin Resurfacing Cream

I'm kind of wondering if this ought to go in the Emotional and Psychological Effects of Acne forum, but on the other hand the Gamma Hydroxy is a scar treatment, and I'm desperate to hear the stories of anyone else who has used it. Negative or positive experiences, I'm not picky.

Obviously I'm not randomly asking :P I've wanted to stop using Benzoyl Peroxide for a while now...just the staining of my pillows, towels, hairline, eyebrows, telling my boyfriend to not kiss my face...it was getting a bit much. But I'm attached to it because Dan's Regimen helped me find the BP, which cleared my skin like nothing else I've ever used. So when my last AC 2.5% ran out less than a week ago, I didn't buy anymore. I did this once before so knew I was in for a miserable shock when the zits set up camp again. But this time I was prepared for the misery, knowing it would happen. I grabbed a Salicylic Acid scrub to replace my general scrub to use of a morning, and invested in the Skin Doctors cleanser and Gamma Hydroxy cream. Reading the label, the GH cream contains ingredients that had me imagining it would help my pimples as well as the scarring and sad state of my skin's texture.

But within the past week, I have more pimples than I'm 100% certain I've ever had. Small whiteheads around my chin and red bumps coming up around those and on my nose and cheeks. I'm wondering if this is a result of changing my routine and coming off of the BP, but I'm also concerned that the Gamma Hydroxy cream is not making friends with my face or is going through a sort of purge process. Either way, I'm returning to work next week and my face is a depressing, embarrassing mess. I'm going to see if it calms down considerably over the next few days and the weekend, and continue with the GH, but I really want to know if anyone else has experienced something similar using the GH. And experiences using it just in general. It's kind of hard to want to stick with it when my confidence has just dropped to an all time low. And my job involves being infront of people so I'm not looking forward to work next week.

Any advice, support, encouragement and/or experiences using the GH are much appreciated and welcome. As well if I stick with it, I'm willing to update on how well it's working...but that's rather premature at this stage considering my angst :rolleyes:

I've just started using this. It does sting a bit when i put it on, especially after I shave. I do have a few small red spots afterwards. I'm not sure if it's the cream that's causing this or the fact that I had quite a bit to drink at my friend's stag night.

I'll use this for the next month and let you know how I get on.

I've never used that, but one week from the time of a change, would typically be about how long it would take to see a change if there was one.

Been using this for just over 3 weeks. Hard to tell if there's any improvement. But they do say that it can take up to 6 weeks for acne scars. I'll carry on using it.

If I don't see much improvement in the next couple of months then I'll consider getting some kind of laser treatment after the summer has gone.