Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lakers247

Would Proactive work with Severe acne????

My Dermatologist prescribed me Benzaclin and differen alternating evenings, but I didn't find it to help, I'm thinking of getting Proactive and I need to know if it works on severe acne, and not just mild acne?

Should I stick to my Benzaclin and differen or should I get Proactive?

I shouldn't even give it a try? It used to work but for some reason after like 3 months it just stopped working all of a sudden, I don't know why.

My Dermatologist prescribed me Benzaclin and differen alternating evenings, but I didn't find it to help, I'm thinking of getting Proactive and I need to know if it works on severe acne, and not just mild acne?

Should I stick to my Benzaclin and differen or should I get Proactive?

Benzaclin is a combo of 5% benzoyl peroxide (this concentration is only available from your doctor) and 1% clindamycin (an antibiotic). Differin is a retinoid. This is a good topical regimen for pretty much any type of acne. Most people get good results from this type of regimen after about 3-4 months of use, so you have to stick with it.

Proactive is 2.5% benzoyl peroxide.

Using proactive would be redundant if you add it to your prescribed regimen... and the regimen prescribed by your doctor is much more likely to work than just using proactive on its own.

Don't give up, and good luck. Feel free to ask questions if you want.