Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nashira

Acne treatment suggestions?

I've been suffering with acne since I was 15 (22 now) and my skin is a hell of a lot better than it was a few years ago. I've had one course of Accutane that lasted for 4~5 months last year and afterwards my skin had never looked so great in a long time.

It's been a year now since I stopped Accutane and the acne came back but because I was leaving the country for a year, the doctor said I would have to wait till I come back to try another course.

It's still not that bad there are very few actual spots. The problem seems to be red, spot shaped marks that are under the skin that have been lingering around since my outbreak of spots a few months after coming off Accutane. Is there anything I can use to treat these? (Bear in mind I'm abroad at the moment so not used to all the usual brands out here)

post-108682-1254436601_thumb.jpg

post-108682-1254436612_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nashira

I am guessing the pic to the left is when he was at his best, and the pic to the right is now his acne pic. LOL! You have like little baby pimples that you can barely see!!

I am guessing the pic to the left is when he was at his best, and the pic to the right is now his acne pic. LOL! You have like little baby pimples that you can barely see!!

Yeah sorry about that. The pic on the left is me after coming off accutane, and the pic on the right is me now.

To be honest it doesn't look that bad there because of the lighting, but the redness is very prominent underneath the skin. I have had a few whiteheads since I've been here but no crazy outbreaks like a few months back.

So should I just play the waiting game now and hope they go away or is there something I can do to finally say good riddance!

P.S. I've ordered the regimen and it's being shipped out here to Nagasaki, but it's gonna be 1~3 weeks.

ya, try a benzoyl peroxide treatment, if that doenst work, id go for clindamycin. its a topical antibotic and it works great with benzoyl peroxide. i like clindets, it works great and fast!