Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pog

Good, cheap mascara?

Can anyone recommend a good drugstore brand mascara? I don't want anything waterproof, just something that goes on nicely and doesn't clump up.

I really like Covergirl Lash Exact. :D Doesnt smudge or clump....much

i've tried lash exact, also like it.

right now i'm using cg professional in waterproof. i like it bc it holds a curl all day, doesn't smudge, and gives some length. it doesn't give you any volume or thickening effects, though. & it does deposit too much product on the wand, so i have to wipe some of it off. i don't know if it would work the same in the non-waterproof version.

Edited by den_den

Ditto on Maybelline Full 'n' Soft. one of the best DS mascaras out there, IMO. i recently began using Maybelline Volum Express and thus far, am impressed with the results. but, nothing will replace my FNS :wub:

I like Lash Exact. I also like Rimmel Sexy Curves and as a bonus, Rimmel stuff is often on sale 40-50% off, without having to do buy one get one free.

Thanks for the suggestions! I might try the Rimmel stuff, because I think I'm mostly looking for some curl. My lashes are pretty thick, but they kind of point downt instead of curling up.

hi, i use rimmel mascaras which are cheap (about £5). Maybeline and maxfactor are really good to, they seem to last all day. Try using a mascara primer aswelll under your mascara if you can get one, they help it last longer and prevent it flaking off.

Its best not to use waterproof mascara every anyway, as it can flake off and balls of mascara can actually get stuck in the back of your eye, when my teacher at college told me that i was like ewwww! I dont wear it everyday, sometimes i just slick on a bit of vaseline over my eyelashes.

Curl lashes with a eye lash curler before too.

I use Maximum Volume Mascara by Boots. I buy mine at Target for $8, it makes my lashes long and doesnt clump up like some of the others ive tried :D

my favorite is covergirl lash blast. As far as clumping goes, make sure you scrape off the tip of the wand at the top of the tube, that helps me anyways

I have to add to the Maybelline Full and Soft fan club.....I've used it forever, and it doesn't make your lashes all hard and clumpy and it stays on all day without smudging (I do use the waterproof though). I've tried a lot of others, but always come back to this one.

I'm in love with Maybelline define-a-lash right now, the pink volume one.

You can keep layering (i love mascara) and it doesn't get cakey and thick or disgusting and your lashes don't feel heavy afterwards even after all the layering!

I just bought Cover Girl's new LashBlast Length last night. It actually works pretty well. Unfortunately, I bought the regular kind when I meant to get the water-resistant kind. And now I can't return it, 'cause I've used it.

(Sigh.) Nine bucks, and I got the wrong stuff. (Sigh.)

I am using Max Factor 2000 Calories (do not get the waterproof one or the curly brush one). It is simply the best. check out its reviews then you'll know. It's around 4 or 5 bucks. no clump, no smudge, simply longer and thicker lashes.

I also love the Maybelline's Full N Soft. It gives so much volume, without clumping. I found other mascaras to give me racoon eyes -- while this does smudge a bit one me (I have super oily skin), it's very minimal unless I fall asleep. It was $7.46CAD at WalMart. I had a bit of difficulty finding this, it was on the bottom of the display.

Guest Rocky666

I love L'Oreal Volumizing Mascara in Carbon Black or just Regular Black, it's the only mascara that's soft and feels like your own lashes and not all hard and crusty like other mascaras and believe me I've tried hundreds of mascaras since I was 16.

Plus Waterproof isn't bad, it comes in handy if you're all sweaty and might happen to wipe your eyes, it won't come off.