Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlime

a warning to people suffering from lumpy skin

I would like to share something that I recently discovered about my skin that might help some people who feel as if they are suffering from lumpy skin.

I have always had mild breakouts, mostly the hormonal stuff, or from forgetting to wash off my makeup. But over the summer, since I knew I'd be swimming a lot and without makeup, I became more concerned with having better skin. I started to use an exfoliating scrub/pore unclogging facewash in the morning and before bed. My acne cleared up, but since then I have been struggling with a new problem- every single pore on my face became a tiny pin sized bump. Thinking it was due to trapped dirt and oil, I increased my usage of the pore strips and the facewash, but it just got worse and worse- little bumps, especially under my eyes, next to and on my nose, and my chin. Ive never really had acne on my cheeks or forehead, so I kind of just scrubbed around those areas.

WELL. it turns out these nasty little bumps werent clogged pores- and no one else noticed them really, because I hid them under makeup. Finally I approached someone about it and showed them what was going on. It turns out I was just having an allergic reaction to my facewash- allergic contact dermatitis.

So if anyone is going crazy with products like me, and suffering from bumpy skin, maybe this is the cause.

ALSO, if anyone has had this problem, can you advise a facewash that won't cause this to happen? I'd really appreciate it.

And the image isn't my face, it's just a picture of what allergic contact dermatitis looks like.

post-113554-1254346897_thumb.jpg

post-113554-1254346897_thumb.jpg

Edited by jlime

I have lumpy skin! Mine was much worst than the picture of the chick in that photo! Ever sience I stoped washing my face with soap, and I am using only water I totally see a diffrence! My skin is getting so much better! Your post is making me think.....

Been there, I have sensitive skin and get dermatitis. It is set off by a lot of different thing, my derm told me to try cetaphil, he said it shouldn't cause me any allergies and so far it hasn't. I really have to watch what I put on my face, because I get rashes :(.

Also, watch out for laundry detergents... they stay in your clothes and on your towels. I had a terrible reaction to Gain with bleach.

Edited by Alona

Ive been having the same problem lately,normally I do use cataphil but havent had time to get to the store and I was using some aveeno facewash my mom bought.The aveeno contains fragrance and salicylic acid which I think was really irritating my skin,I switched back to cetaphil and the past week the bumps are gone.Over scrubbing is also bad,I exfoliated my face like 3 times last week cause the bumpiness was really bothering me and it made my skin even worse!