Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shinykirby

How bad is my acne...

I just took these after I got out of the shower. I've tried just about every over-the-counter medication and cream, and one prescription (Tetracycline) that didn't work. Right now, my current regimen is just... wash with warm water + soap, then apply some cocoa butter lotion to my face (which seems to ease some redness).

I've had acne problems for nearly a decade and they are only getting worse and worse with time. I don't really know what to do anymore. Is the Acne.org treatment something I could try?

... It's not letting me post links or images...

i37.tinypic.com/2pyt7ia.jpg

i33.tinypic.com/es9f7m.jpg

i38.tinypic.com/14afxv8.jpg

Edited by Shinykirby

hmmm.. it dosn't look that bad. first of all have you tried taking any vitamins? i'm doing the whole b5 thing right now, it works but it's a big shenanigan always taking pills and stuff but i would really reccomend just you try taking some basic vitamins that are good for you, i found when i was healthy and gave my body what it wanted my skin was happy and responded more to whatever treatment i was doing. anyyywaayyss, i would also really reccomend aloe vera gel, it works similar to benzyl peroxide to clear things up but it's also a super healer and will clear the redness your worried about...but other than that it's hard to say..what is your skin like.. oily/dry/sensitive etc..?

okay well theres 2 kinds of aloe vera.. the kind you buy for a sunburn, and then pure aloe vera, you want the pure aloe vera. you should put a thin layer all over your face and GLOB it on the active zits you want to get rid of. have you tried or read anything about vitamins? i can give you some info if you need help.. i've had acne similar to yours and it's really helped.

okay well theres 2 kinds of aloe vera.. the kind you buy for a sunburn, and then pure aloe vera, you want the pure aloe vera. you should put a thin layer all over your face and GLOB it on the active zits you want to get rid of. have you tried or read anything about vitamins? i can give you some info if you need help.. i've had acne similar to yours and it's really helped.

I would probably rate your acne on the higher side of light-moderate. It really is not that bad. If I were you I'd probably use a glycolic acid based regimen. That would help ease some of the red marks.

I'd suggest a good multiple vitamin with minerals and fish oil to start.

What kind of soap do you wash with? How many times a day do you wash your face? Do you only have problems with inflammed acne or do you get blackheads, too?

I believe that cocoa butter is comedogenic. Search it to be sure.

I'd establish a good basic twice daily regimen:

- cleanse

- treat

- moisturise

There are a variety of products that you can use. Tell me a little more about the ones that you are currently using and let's figure something out for you.