Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whenever I'm having a conversation or even just hanging around other people, I've begun to bite onto the sleeve of my hoodie and chew on it, just so that some of my face is partially covered. I can't stand not knowing if the people I'm talking to are looking at me, or my pimples.

I know that covering my face is only going to make it worse, because you're not supposed to touch your face because of the bacteria and blah blah. But I just can't seem to help it anymore. I make up excuses, like that I'm too cold and I'm just trying to warm my hands, and all kinds of other stupid things.

Any tips on how to... not be so self conscious, I guess?

dunno if i can help u there. i do the same thing. I wore a long sleeved shirt day and i pulled it over my hands and put on hand on my mouth so that it covered my chin. Makeup helps me feel less self concious but it never lasts. I go home, take it off, and feel bad again.. But it helps for the time being, till ur skin clears up at least.

I've tried makeup... but when I use powder makeup, it gets all dusty and noticeable, and when I use liquid, it makes my face really oily... I used to apply a liquid acne preventing makeup every day, I forget the name of it, but then one day my friend said to me, "Did you try to put makeup on your face? It looks like shit." and I haven't worn it since.

It sucks though, because even though it's hiding it for the few minutes of conversation, it's probably making it sooo much worse in the longrun. & I don't even have a set routine anymore. So I'm just a complete mess lately!

Same. I even consider lighting in places (make sure I'm sitting in the most 'flattering' seat in a restaurant as far as lighting is concerned), which side I walk next to friends so that my 'bad' side is not facing them, etc etc...

Same. I even consider lighting in places (make sure I'm sitting in the most 'flattering' seat in a restaurant as far as lighting is concerned), which side I walk next to friends so that my 'bad' side is not facing them, etc etc...

I do those kinds of things too, but I've gotten a lot better about covering my face - especially with things like clothing. I don't really do that any more, and one reason is because I've noticed that it's obvious to everyone around why you're doing it, even if they don't say anything. I've heard multiple people talking behind others' backs about how they cover up acne and how they know themselves it's only making it worse. And now when I see people covering up that way, I agree it does not make the person look any better. If people already know your acne is there (and they do, they've seen you when you're not covering it too) then it only makes you look extremely insecure as well to cover it up.

With that said, I know it's soooo hard to stop. Hope you find a way to overcome it!

I did this when I had an unrelated scar on my mouth when I was like 11, it just made it worse and redder!

It's best not to do it!

In my opinion, people already have seen your face and know you have acne,

by trying to hide them with clothes or hands, it only draws more attention to your acne.

People look at it more when you shows that you're not comfortable with yourself.

about the makeup, it's all about trial and error.

try a different brand, and a lot of practice :)

I know how obvious it is. Pimples just kinda scream, "LOOK AT ME!" even when they're covered.

I'm trying sooo hard to stop. But I'm probably the most insecure lately than I ever have been before. First year of highschool, heeello. & I find it unfair that my highschool seems to be the only highschool in the world with hardly any kids with pimples. -_-

Guest DireStraits

I always wear my trusty hat to hide my breakouts on my forehead or anywehere else on my face for that matter even when its a dark cloudy/rainy day. If anyone asks why i'm wearing it I just tell them I couldn't be bothered combing my hair in the morning.

Covering up has become the norm for me these last few weeks unfortunately.

This is, of course, very common. I used to walk around with the hood of my sweater up constantly and would let my long hair hang over as much as half of my face. In some of my less sane, more depressive moments, I even speculated about whether it would ever become socially acceptable to wear a mask in public. :ninja:

Of course, we all know we're not fooling anyone with such practices, and are likely just drawing even more attention to the problem, but it's a security blanket response. It makes you feel as though you're doing something active to "improve" your appearance, and the illussion of doing something, even if you know it's bogus, helps your state of mind.

I am hidding my face too.

When i am with my best friends, or best peoples, who know me, i dont hide my face, because they already know how bad my face is...

Anyway you always should be with your friends, real friends.

I know that feeling when you going som where is lot of people and all lookin in your face and you hearing (wow thats guy face is really bad)

Just be strong

the things isputting yor hand up to your face only draw attention to it.

Please dont anyone be offended by this comment it an example. Its like when someone has big teeth they put there hands up when they talk to cover them. its just make you think about the fact the tryin to cover them. women do it when there worried about there bums. they pull there top down and it just make you look down at there bum

the things isputting yor hand up to your face only draw attention to it.

Please dont anyone be offended by this comment it an example. Its like when someone has big teeth they put there hands up when they talk to cover them. its just make you think about the fact the tryin to cover them. women do it when there worried about there bums. they pull there top down and it just make you look down at there bum

Reading your comment made me think about something...

What if our p3nis was on our face? =D If it was small would people be embarassed? Would they cover it? How?

Ahahahah

well all i got to say is this.....im on my second round of accutane rite now............and u could have a heart desease u could have cancer u could have no legs ...u could have one arm...but no u have acne .....so look at the brite side there are people out there that are way worse set then u ......i admit after accutane my first course ...i loved life i could talk to any girl and b confident ...i had no trouble in social life.....but then when my break outs came back ...yet not as bad but they did come back...i jus acted like the same person and it seemed like nothing changed i still talk to beautiful women at the bars clubs whatever if they dont like me cuz i have scars or cuz i have some acne ....then FUCK THEM .....life goes on ..only tru people can see past ur problem and hell what if they were i ur shoes ....YA KNO

Yeahhs, I know. I'm trying really hard to be okay with it.

I have a filming class that I was put into because it was the only elective available, and I was picked first to be in front of the camera reading a script. I managed not to cover my face the whole time, even though the entire class was watching me being filmed. :D

When I was younger I usta do the same thing, even when I did not have any acne. I was allways hiding my face with my hair, hands, and I never looked anyone in the eye. Everyone at school picked at me all the time, call me ugly for jealousy.... and listening what other people say made me think what they thought was true when it was not. I allways looked side ways to make shure that my hair hide my face the most possible.

The thing you need to realize that the more you going to hide yourself only the worst you will feel, and if you feel bad your acne will only get worst! Try to stop thinking about what other people are thinking because if you worry to much about others you are only destroying yourself. When my first signs of acne showed up I allways hid it under makeup ALL THE TIME, and doing that it only made it worst! Now that I stoped and started to have a stress free, and a healthy lifestyle I totally see a diffrence! :catdance: