Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay i am currently in the middle of my fifth month of accutane. Im starting to worry. I have consistently broken out throughout the entire course so far. Yes its has defiantly gotten better. My forehead has cleared up besides the red marks/ scars and a few bumps i can feel underneath the skin, but my chin is a different story. Its really weird, during the first few months of accutane my chin didn't break out. Before it was my problem area with my forehead. But once i got on accutane my chin was clear my forehead brokeout bad, so i figured my chin jsut cleared up faster. But now the tables have turned and my forehead has FINALLY started to clear up and my chin is a mess again. Since about two months i have notcied all these clog pores on the side of it underneath the skin and they were never there before. And i have a HUGE pimple on my chin which is so inflammed. Theres a bump then about a tumb sized amount of redness all around it and it hurts so bad. In addition my cheek still has some bumps underneath the skin, but what really bothers me are the clogged pores on my chin. They appeared about 2 months ago during accutane and are still there!! im afraid when i go off accutane they will turn into inflammed acne. Also, i feel like they shouldn't have ever appeared there in the first place if im on accutane. Im getting so disapointed that its been almost 5 months of this! and i am still cnsistently breaking out...

1st:40mg

2nd:40mg

3rd:60mg

4th:60mg

5th:60mg

So i asked my derm if it would help to raise the dose at my last appt and she said no and that when i go back before the 6th month and im still breaking out they will put me on a 7th month. I feel like that could have been prevented with a higher dose the last month or two. Ugh. Im just sick of this. I want it to clear up and i wanna get off accutane, im sick of the dry, red skin. But i didn't come this far to still be breaking out or have to go back on accutane in two months...

Sorry, that was more of a rant. But im really really getting frustrated.

Then i couldn't help but think those clogged pores were from my skin regimn or my makeup. But that doesn't seem right considering my forehead and cheeks have been clear for the past week or two. Its just my chin thats suffering problems and those products i use all over my face... But anyways i use:

Purpose gentle cleanser

cetaphil gentle cleanser

CeraVe moisturizer 2X with 3 or 4 drops of jojoba (ive read about how good it is for ur skin so i can't think that whats causing it)

Makeup For Ever Duo Mat (oil free..)

Perfekt Skin Perfecting Gel (Also oil free) The clogged pores were there before i started using this.

I don't know. I have tried to pinpoint the random appearance of the clogged pores on certain products but i can't. My feeling is that this dose of accutane ive been on for the past 2 and a half months isn't strong enough to get rid of those clogged pores.. They bother me so much.

More ranting, sorry, Does anyone have an opinion? Im going insane. I Probbably sound really anal, but if u were me it'd bother u too that u have these rows of clogged pores down the sides of ur chin that appeared suddenly and haven't gone away for months no matter what u changed in ur skin routine and despite being on accutane..

Thankss. help needed.

I was on accutane nearly a year so dont give up hope. the side effects are frustratin but for me a would have put up with anything to have clear skin.

Ive been clear over 2 years, so just keep at it

Hey, I'm pretty much in the middle of my 5th month as well and I'm still breaking out, have been since week 2, and still have lots of clogged pores. I'm on 80mg a day and am starting to get very frustrated with this stuff, but I'm just going to stick it out and hope for the best. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone and I hope things start to look up soon.

I am sooooo sorry to hear that your going thru this :( this really makes me sad for you bc I'm sure when you started accutane, you believed this would be the solution to your acne problem.

I wanted to point out that cetaphil NEVER took off all of my make-up. I would use a makeup remover and all sorts of stuff would wipe off my face after washing with cetaphil. Maybe... your getting these clogged pores bc your face still has dirt and makeup. Also CerVe would break me out!!! It was horrible.

If I were you, I would go to Origins and see what's best for you. Origins isI great bc it's all natural, no chemicals! (: check out my regimen. It works wonders. The wash is $26 and the serum is $110. Pricey.. But works great (they will give you free samples). It helps with dryness and redness and removes ALL of my makeup!! What's even better is once I started to use this product my skin has been so soft (does NOT flake) my redness went from an 8 to a 2 and there is no residue, it's not thick or oily. Plus I've only had maybe 5 small break outs since I started to use origins. I'm on my 4th month.

I really hope you find a solution to your problem. Let me know how things go. I'm interested in knowing. Best of luck! I'm crossing my fingers for ya! (xx)

Steph

Thank u. its good to know someone else is in the same boat as i am. I just feel like ive gone through all this for nothing and a couple months off tane ill be back to where ive been the past three years.. its hard to think that ppl clear up AFTER tane. that seems so weird to me.

I am sooooo sorry to hear that your going thru this :( this really makes me sad for you bc I'm sure when you started accutane, you believed this would be the solution to your acne problem.

I wanted to point out that cetaphil NEVER took off all of my make-up. I would use a makeup remover and all sorts of stuff would wipe off my face after washing with cetaphil. Maybe... your getting these clogged pores bc your face still has dirt and makeup. Also CerVe would break me out!!! It was horrible.

If I were you, I would go to Origins and see what's best for you. Origins isI great bc it's all natural, no chemicals! (: check out my regimen. It works wonders. The wash is $26 and the serum is $110. Pricey.. But works great (they will give you free samples). It helps with dryness and redness and removes ALL of my makeup!! What's even better is once I started to use this product my skin has been so soft (does NOT flake) my redness went from an 8 to a 2 and there is no residue, it's not thick or oily. Plus I've only had maybe 5 small break outs since I started to use origins. I'm on my 4th month.

I really hope you find a solution to your problem. Let me know how things go. I'm interested in knowing. Best of luck! I'm crossing my fingers for ya! (xx)

Steph

yeah i know the cetaphil does nothing to take it off. thats why i use Purpose gentle cleanser. it says its supposed to remove makeup then i use cetaphil when im not wearing makeup. ive heard about origins. Its all noncomedogenic right?? expensivee though. CeraVe broke u out? Ive been using it for a while but ill look into Orginis especially since it helps with redness, im just weary with the price, ive already sent alot of money on makeup.