Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frozenblizz

Success left this scar board?

Alright my good friends. After awhile of thinking i was wondering if maybe this board is just a collection of people who haven't found success yet. That's why the fight always seems hopeless, because only the sufferers stay here. If you read some of the smoothbeam thread, hello50 actually points out some people who have had success and just dissapeared. The same is true for other treatments. I know this has been mentioned before. I'm curious to know about animegirl who seems to have had multiple multiple amounts of treatments and seems to have near perfect skin now. She's still here too, how much improvement did you get animegirl, since you first started?

If I recovered fully, I would want to leave this place and never ever look back. I would never want to see or hear of this board again biggrin.gif

Well, Misty (animegirle) posts predominantly in the Lounge, which is more like a general message board where friends talk rather than a place where we discuss acne treatments and wallow in self pity! biggrin.gif So even if I was completely happy with my skin I might continue visiting the Lounge. (most of the really big posters have most of their posts there)

Other than that, sometimes its good to share your experiences with other people in order to try and help them get to where you are.

I do agree that sometimes opinions here can seem overly negative because of the fact that most people who have had success will not be returning to acne message boards to rave about it, though.

:mrgreen:

Damn you know what, IT IS TRUE! the past few weeks my redmarks and scarring seems to heal for some unkown reason and i havnt posted or even browse the forum as much as i use to. If this is the case for other people too then this scar forum is in a VERY bad shape.

Hi,

I'm happy now. TCA has solved my problems to the point where I'm satisfied with my scars. I come here occaisionally and browse the forums. Hi Scorpion Vixon - I moved to the bay area a few months ago glad to hear colostrum is working so well.

smile.gif

footprint

Guest Scorpioness
Hi,

I'm happy now.  TCA has solved my problems to the point where I'm satisfied with my scars.  I come here occaisionally and browse the forums.  Hi Scorpion Vixon - I moved to the bay area a few months ago glad to hear colostrum is working so well.

smile.gif

footprint

This seems to be very true actually, atleast in my case. I had very very very terrible cystic acne, (I could barely make facial expressions without totally hurting my face, I bleed on my pillow at night, could barely dry my face with a towel). ANYWHO I went on accutane and my face is now totally clear. While I still had acne I came to this board religiously, almost 2-3 times a day. There was definitely not a positive vibe among people with acne (obviously) and if anything the board validated my feelings that life is terrble with acne. Now, I just feel better about myself without acne and maybe I just dont need to come here to vent, etc. I do occasionally read through this board because I am still very worried about my scars, which are bad. But my face isn't such a large part of my life and thoughts as it used to be, so I'm not here as much.

It's possible, but I feel that if there was a "miracle cure" out there then we'd all be aware of it. I guess there is really no way of knowing if this is true or not since we can't ask the people who don't come here anymore, why they don't. wink.gif

Hey, maybe Dan can set up a posting area for success stories and new treatment and technology info. That would be cool! I am sure most of us would love to help others if we found a cure. I mentioned this on the acne support group in cyberspace, and she set one up. Unfortunately, that site isn't too active lately.

We should all promise to write about our successes, even if we won't be coming back smile.gif

Good luck to everyone!

Liz Lee

Yeah, i'm not saying there is a miracle cure. But i'm sure the actual outlook is much better than this board shows. Treatments designed as scar treatments have to work on the majority of people or else they wouldn't be called scar treatments. Derms aren't that creepy, they wouldn't charge the entire scar population for treatments that can never produce noticeable improvements.