Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chloe_1

People who use Estee Lauder double wear foundation...pics? :)

I've been doing a lot of research on th boards about foundations to use to cover red marks and scarring, and it seems like the Doulbe Wear is the best.

(I've tried Revlon Colourstay, didn't like it, just not enough selection in shades and rubbed off too easy.)

Anyway I currently use Chanel Matt Lumiere which I love, but since starting accutane my red marks are really bad from the IB, I lso have some indented scars, and I need something more heavy duty.

I definitely want to try the Double Wear, and so many people on here seem to love it. But I was just wondering if any of you had before foundation and after pics so I can see just how good this foundation actually is :)

Hey hon!

How are you doing?! :D

I use Estee Lauder EVERYTHING! I use the Doublewear its my holy grail! Dont know what I would do without it!

Have you tried the Estee Lauder Anti Redness Primer :think: , that may work really well for you hon?! xoxoxoxo

There was definately a time when I couldn't live without DoubleWear foundation. Its perfect.

It has a million shades so it'll match invisibly with your skin.

It gives medium-full coverage, which is easily adjustable, and NEVER cakes.

I always look better when I have it on, and I mean better than other foundations, not just my bare skin.

I can't praise it more, don't have any photos atm cause my camera's broken. But give it a try, you'll be converted!!

Estee Lauder Anti Redness Primer

Sayyyyyyyyy Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I didn't know they had one...I'm going to check it out.

BTW, I love Estee Lauder DW. My favorite foundation. Never cakes (unless my skin is really dry), stays on perfectly (not onto my nice white t-shirts like other foundations plus stays on after my naps...), and best of all, doesn't cause me breakouts! What is there not to love about it (besides the price)?

:D

Oh, I will "attempt" to post pictures. I only have a sucky phone camera, but I will try...

I got tempted to buy the double wear foundation because of this thread so I ordered it. I had such a hard time picking out a shade though. I am sure I chose a shade that's way off like I usually do. I will take pictures and post 'em in here once I get my order unless the shade is way off. :|

I got tempted to buy the double wear foundation because of this thread so I ordered it. I had such a hard time picking out a shade though. I am sure I chose a shade that's way off like I usually do. I will take pictures and post 'em in here once I get my order unless the shade is way off. :|

You are a bad influence on me. lol. I just ordered it online too. :mad: :surprised: :snooty:

You are a bad influence on me. lol. I just ordered it online too. :mad: :surprised: :snooty:

Bwahaha Ariana we suck. = ( I do this every time I read a thread where someone is praising something. It usually turns out to be crap for my skin, but hopefully for $34 it's some type of magic potion. :pray:

EDIT: What shade did you order? It's very hard to pick a shade when all of them look damn near the same on the internet.

Edited by BRAZZY

Bwahaha Ariana we suck. = ( I do this every time I read a thread where someone is praising something. It usually turns out to be crap for my skin, but hopefully for $34 it's some type of magic potion. :pray:

EDIT: What shade did you order? It's very hard to pick a shade when all of them look damn near the same on the internet.

Yeah! lol

I ordered 2N2 Fresco. You? Did you add the free samples and free shipping coupon?

Yes I got the free sample and free shipping, but it didn't really help me. I ended up going crazy and ordering the concealer and a lip gloss which came out to freakin 75 bucks with tax. Shade wise I got Dusk, which I am regretting, because now that I look at it, it looks way too pink and I am tan. Probably will end up looking like a pale china doll. :cry:

I was going to buy Estee Lauder online, but seeing that I am a guy, I can't pick shades worth a craph :(

So I had my shade matched at the Estee Lauder counter at Macys.

I'm a Fresco too :)

Only con though is that when you order from the Estee Lauder website, you get free samples. They have Double Wear Light as one of their free samples, and I really wanted to try that...Maybe I will try and buy, since I got my shade matched for that as well :)

Edited by Raimundo

Okay, so I'm really, really disappointed with this product. I didn't like the way it made the texture of my skin really heavy looking, like I had a lot of product on. It didn't cover all that great either to be honest compare to other products that feel a lot lighter.

And...it was hell to take off especially since I didn't think it was worth it.

Different products work for different people and I guess this really is the proof of that.

I on the other hand thought the foundation was amazing. It matched my skin exactly, which came as a big surprise. Today was the first day I wore it, and so many people commented. On top of everything I have a cold right now, and look rather shitty. Magic potion in a bottle indeed.

I finally took the plunge and bought this last Thursday (same day as my stippling brush). This make-up is seriously amazing! It took me a day to figure it out though, but no complaints here. It matches my skintone completely, and I am really light so that is really hard for me. It covers really great too. First foundation ever. Overall, I'm really glad I found this. It's awesome :dance:

Okay, so I'm really, really disappointed with this product. I didn't like the way it made the texture of my skin really heavy looking, like I had a lot of product on. It didn't cover all that great either to be honest compare to other products that feel a lot lighter.

And...it was hell to take off especially since I didn't think it was worth it.

Different products work for different people and I guess this really is the proof of that.

They do make a lighter version of Double Wear (Double Wear Light). I only had my shade matched, but maybe once I'm out of my original Double Wear, I might try this one out...

But yea, the Original Double Wear is thicker than normal foundation. You could use a Revlon Colorstay technique and "thin" the layers a bit...I've never really tried this out, but I'd thought I would suggest it. There are also some tutorials of Double Wear on youtube.

Hope this helps you out :)

I didn't like the way it made the texture of my skin really heavy looking, like I had a lot of product on.

Hi there. Sorry to hear that you didn't like the foundation. I have personally never tried it, but I have had a lot of misses when it comes to foundation. And I always feel extra bad if it's a high end brand.

But I was just going to say that if you wet a make up sponge and the blend out the foundation, I'm quite sure this will help A LOT! Not everyone gets this trick right away, but I have heard this from so many make up artists and they all swear by it!

I didn't like the way it made the texture of my skin really heavy looking, like I had a lot of product on.

Hi there. Sorry to hear that you didn't like the foundation. I have personally never tried it, but I have had a lot of misses when it comes to foundation. And I always feel extra bad if it's a high end brand.

But I was just going to say that if you wet a make up sponge and the blend out the foundation, I'm quite sure this will help A LOT! Not everyone gets this trick right away, but I have heard this from so many make up artists and they all swear by it!

Hi Teex! Thanks! :wavey:

Yeah, I tried the sponge technique as well before posting, but it didn't help. I returned it though so no worries.

Yeah, I tried the sponge technique as well before posting, but it didn't help. I returned it though so no worries.

Oh wow! Great that you were able to return it! We can't do that here in Norway, not if you've opened/used it. Which makes foundation buying very expensive! :boohoo:

By the way, if you dislike the product, which foundation are you using now instead?

Edited by Teex

Oh wow! Great that you were able to return it! We can't do that here in Norway, not if you've opened/used it. Which makes foundation buying very expensive! :boohoo:

By the way, if you dislike the product, which foundation are you using now instead?

I use Amazing Concealer and blush. Here is the link: http://www.amazingcosmetics.com/products/little-amazing

Still searching for the right foundation...

PS: I've always wanted to visit Norway!

Hey guys last time i went to the estee lauder booth to buy more foundation, i also bought their make up remover that is meant to remove double wear. it comes off really easy you just rub the cream over your skin and then rinse or wipe it off. in case anyone was interested :)

Wow...it's been awhile since I saw this posting about Estee Lauder...

I still have the same bottle, but there is barely anything left in it (I'm keeping it to use for a special occasion). Plus, I can't get the rest out of the bottle without using a Q-tip, which I don't want to do since it will absorb the foundation too much..

Anyways, I wanted to buy another bottle, but now I'm in college, so paying $30-40 for a 1 fl oz bottle of foundation is too expensive for me. I went el cheapo and got Revlon Colorstay (not very impressed, but its the only foundation I have on me). I wish I woulda of bought another bottle of Estee Lauder DW, but I'm not sure if I was matched properly to the right shade (I still look "pinkish", so I don't know if I should go to a pink-toned or yellow-toned shade. I'm using Shell btw). So, idk. I don't want to use the Revlon Colorstay anymore, since the only reason why I bought it was because it was the only drugstore brand comparable to Double Wear. But, the Colorstay doesn't last a long plus as the other person mentioned, it rubs off easily (I tend to sweat when I'm nervous, so usually by the time I'm sweating, the Colorstay is gone).

So one day when I get a job or alot of cash, I might splurge it out on another bottle of Double Wear (I want to try the lite version, since my skin is more drier these days). But, that will just have to wait for now.

, i also bought their make up remover that is meant to remove double wear. it comes off really easy you just rub the cream over your skin and then rinse or wipe it off. in case anyone was interested