Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimhouse

Extremely deep blackheads under the skin

Ok so I had reasonably bad acne about a year ago and since then have been taking doxycycline anti-biotics to remove my acne and using differin gel on my face to help remove acne. For the past couple of months I have been getting blackheads incredibly deep in my skin in all parts of my face. Some of which arent even visible. They leave holes in my skin that look like small icepick scars but once removed, the holes scab over and heal up. The problem is they are extremely hard to remove and leave scabs all over my face. To remove them I have to use a sterilized needle/pin and insert it into the hole and dig around a little to loosen the blackhead. I then have to have a shower to make the blackhead come to the surface before I can hopefully remove it from my skin. Often the blackhead is quite large. Is there any treatments out there and has anyone else experienced this?

These blackheads are to deep to use any sort of strips.

Hi, I had hard to remove blackheads ( not quite as bad as yours as mine were visible ) and it was because my skin was dehydrated. So my advice is moisturise morning and night, liberally. As long as it's non - comodagenic you'll be alright. Putting chemicals on our skin, along with avoiding moisturiser cos you think it'll make things worse, dries the skin regardless of how much we drink.

Also, have you tried steaming your face for a few minutes? This should open the pores and maybe bring them to the surface so you can put a strip or a mask on. I wouldn't do this more than a few times a week tho. :surprised:

Hi, I had hard to remove blackheads ( not quite as bad as yours as mine were visible ) and it was because my skin was dehydrated. So my advice is moisturise morning and night, liberally. As long as it's non - comodagenic you'll be alright. Putting chemicals on our skin, along with avoiding moisturiser cos you think it'll make things worse, dries the skin regardless of how much we drink.

Also, have you tried steaming your face for a few minutes? This should open the pores and maybe bring them to the surface so you can put a strip or a mask on. I wouldn't do this more than a few times a week tho. :surprised:

Thanks for your reply!

I believe I do need to moisturize but also the gels and anto-biotics that I use do dry out the skin, I have bought a different gel today which I have been seeking for awhile and it supposedly removes acne whilst not drying out the skin! hopefully this helps and hopefully a bit of moisturizing helps to.

I have never tried steaming my face before either.