Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flipfloppooh

Is BP to harsh for my Rosacea

Hi

I have mild rosacea with moderate acne and I'm sick of it. I would like to try Dan's regimen to get rid of my acne but I'm afraid it will bother my rosacea.

If anyone with rosacea has used BP please let me know how it worked out for you.

Thanks

If you really do have rosacea, BP will only irritate it. I speak from first hand experience. Have you seen a dermatologist?

Yes, too harsh for rosacea!!!!!

You should really have rosacea treated by a dermatologist. I realize not everyone has medical insurance and access to a good dermatologist, but if it is an option for you - you should leverage it.

There are prescription topicals for rosacea that treat the acne and the redness. Financea, Metrogel and Sulfur washes are mild and effective for many people. Oral antibiotics are also good at getting the acne under control quickly (in 3-4 months) and can be followed by one of the topicals I mentioned to keep the skin clear.

If you really do have rosacea, BP will only irritate it. I speak from first hand experience. Have you seen a dermatologist?

Yes I've been to a dermatologist. I've even done a laser treatment for my rosacea but I'm still having acne problems. I was trying to take care of it naturally...I've been using honey, baking soda, and apple cider vinager. Unfortunately it's not working so I was looking for something else but I don't want anything to harsh.

I was gonna try Derma E pycnogenol facial cleanser and tea tree and E antiseptic creme or I heard Prosacea worked for some to.

It's important to know that acne and rosacea are not mutually exclusive conditions. True, rosacea and acne can coexist. But, rosacea is broken into four subtypes. In type 2 rosacea, people have acne.

If you would go to a dermatologist for laser treatment, I don't see why you wouldn't have dermatologist evaluate and treat your acne.

Tea tree oil is very irritating, be careful.

Yes I've been to a dermatologist. I've even done a laser treatment for my rosacea but I'm still having acne problems. I was trying to take care of it naturally...I've been using honey, baking soda, and apple cider vinager. Unfortunately it's not working so I was looking for something else but I don't want anything to harsh.

I was gonna try Derma E pycnogenol facial cleanser and tea tree and E antiseptic creme or I heard Prosacea worked for some to.

Because I want to treat it naturally.