Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm going to ask a question that i've wanted to bring across the general public of Acne.org.

For those who have been on this site, it's obvious that acne can lead to people to having much heartache and extreme pain. It can bring those, who once stood so tall in confidence and social stature, to be reduce to tears and shear brokeness. It can cause someone who's bubbly and outgoing, to become a hermit and one who uncharacteristically thinks of themselves or become self-absorbed. When you start skimming throught he forums and posts, you begin to find what an impact a skin condition can have on people. It's amazing how something thought of as a "curse, Social repellant, spirit-breaker, etc.. Can bring so many different people together. Maybe, ones that wouldn't normally associate with one another, if they didn't know they had acne or haven't gone through it themselves or know of people who have.

Anyways, My question is: IF you could wake up tomorrow with a totally clearer skin, will it truly be enough?

So many times, we hear people say "well, only if I had clearer face I could do this, or Acne is causing me not to do this and so fourth." BUt will it truly be enough to have clearer skin? Or will there just be other things that'll soon take the place of acne in your life and having you have the same attitude towards it, what you originally had with an acne covered face? With life, there will always be trials and tribulations, when we have a huge victory over something that causes dispair, it's only followed soon after by another series of events, obstacles or mountains in our life to conquer or falter to. When we climb on hill and have finally reached the top,, we soon find out there are only ten thousand others that will have to be climbed in this fragile and temporary life.

Edited by BeautifulPerseverance619

I'm going to ask a question that i've wanted to bring across the general public of Acne.org.

For those who have been on this site, it's obvious that acne can lead to people to having much heartache and extreme pain. It can bring those, who once stood so tall in confidence and social stature, to be reduce to tears and shear brokeness. It can cause someone who's bubbly and outgoing, to become a hermit and one who uncharacteristically thinks of themselves or become self-absorbed. When you start skimming throught he forums and posts, you begin to find what an impact a skin condition can have on people. It's amazing how something thought of as a "curse, Social repellant, spirit-breaker, etc.. Can bring so many different people together. Maybe, ones that wouldn't normally associate with one another, if they didn't know they had acne or haven't gone through it themselves or know of people who have.

Anyways, My question is: IF you could wake up tomorrow with a totally clearer skin, will it truly be enough?

So many times, we hear people say "well, only if I had clearer face I could do this, or Acne is causing me not to do this and so fourth." BUt will it truly be enough to have clearer skin? Or will there just be other things that'll soon take the place of acne in your life and having you have the same attitude towards it, what you originally had with an acne covered face? With life, there will always be trials and tribulations, when we have a huge victory over something that causes dispair, it's only followed soon after by another series of events, obstacles or mountains in our life to conquer or falter to. When we climb on hill and have finally reached the top,, we soon find out there are only ten thousand others that will have to be climbed in this fragile and temporary life.

This is true, we will always have trials and tribulations in our life, for some it could be worse that is always a possibility. If there is one thing i have learned having this acne over the past year is that i took being clear for granted.

I realized that when i was 100% clear i did still keep myself down with certain looks about me, mainly how i was not muscular enough and i needed to lose some weight, always an appearance issue. I never once praised on that i was lucky to not have any blemishes or acne. Acne has made me realize actually how good i did have it. Now i am skinny and need to gain weight, i looked way better before and i know that if i woke up totally clear tomorrow like i use to be, i would not take that for granted again and would be very very thankful and happy.

There will always be bumps in the road for all of us in life that we have to get over, but acne is a major roadblock that for some have been trying for years and years to get over. Before my acne i had bumps in the road quite often but found myself getting over rather quickly. Acne has kept me in check for over a year and its the first problem i have not been able to get over yet and it keeps me down everyday of my life. Just from so much disappointment.

So i can honestly say i would be happier than ever since dealing with this everyday of my life and turning my life upside down. Even with that said, since i learned that i took my clear skin in the past for granted before acne; today with acne i don't take being free from other health issues that you can be plagued with that would be much worse for granted either.

This is true, we will always have trials and tribulations in our life, for some it could be worse that is always a possibility. If there is one thing i have learned having this acne over the past year is that i took being clear for granted.

I realized that when i was 100% clear i did still keep myself down with certain looks about me, mainly how i was not muscular enough and i needed to lose some weight, always an appearance issue. I never once praised on that i was lucky to not have any blemishes or acne. Acne has made me realize actually how good i did have it. Now i am skinny and need to gain weight, i looked way better before and i know that if i woke up totally clear tomorrow like i use to be, i would not take that for granted again and would be very very thankful and happy.

There will always be bumps in the road for all of us in life that we have to get over, but acne is a major roadblock that for some have been trying for years and years to get over. Before my acne i had bumps in the road quite often but found myself getting over rather quickly. Acne has kept me in check for over a year and its the first problem i have not been able to get over yet and it keeps me down everyday of my life. Just from so much disappointment.

So i can honestly say i would be happier than ever since dealing with this everyday of my life and turning my life upside down. Even with that said, since i learned that i took my clear skin in the past for granted before acne; today with acne i don't take being free from other health issues that you can be plagued with that would be much worse for granted either.

Yeah I agree, once your clear skin appears you will find something else that you want to improve. Right now acne is the block and the main focus, but once that goes away, it'll be something else. People will always strive towards what they can't have, I think. The perfect body, the perfect skin, etc. Even though it is untainable. I am glad that I have had acne, it has made me a different person. I can say that I've grown from having acne, and I definitely did take for granted my skin when I was younger. Now I just think I should have taken better care of my skin, but I wouldn't change the fact that I do have acne. I think about this alot though. If I have clear skin, will it be enough for me? I don't think so. The after effects of acne will still linger. There will always be something else to heal.

I had flawless skin a month and a half ago and I was so happy, calm, and relaxed. Especially with school not in session, I enjoyed things so much. But now I'm busy with school and my face looks horrifically bad. It sucks.

I'm not trying to be a model here, I just don't want my confidence to suffer unnecessarily, so when it goes it'll be super.

For me more than likely it wouldnt be enough. if i woke up with clear perfect skin i would probably start worrying about some other parts of my body i think needs improvement :dry:

I think it would.

The difference of how I feel with and without makeup is enough to prove how happy I would be with clear skin. I can simulate it, and when I do my confidence level goes so far up and happiness pours over me, it's like a ritual cleansing when I cover up the blemishes on my face each morning. I become a purer version of myself, without worries or cares. I can't imagine what having perfect skin and not having to paint myself pretty would be like. Would that same happiness and confidence constantly bubble over?

Of course there are other things that I need to work on, like shedding the 10 pounds I gained this summer, and losing the love handles, getting my eyes fixed, continuing to obsess over cleaning my teeth... But all these things pale in comparison to being able to swim or wear back and chest revealing shirts and dresses. I'm really sick of wearing crew-neck shirts so no one sees my chest and bacne. Or going to the pool and saying I don't want to get my hair wet when it's actually that I don't want my face makeup to wash off so others can see what's hidden under it.

BeautifulP, clear skin has not been enough, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong...having better skin has been hugely uplifting! Acne was soooooo consuming though. Now that I don't dwell on it 24/7, I'm off to worry about other things like my teeth, weight, and general aging of my body. And there are social worries as well like wanting to keep things good and smooth in my personal relationships, get my career in order, etc.

I'm not saying any of this is "bad". If people didn't worry or strive to better themselves in some sort of fashion then there wouldn't be progress.

Alkalies на оÑновании анализа композитной пробы, отобранной из береговых резервуаров (по Ñтавке 50,00 долларов СШÐ/ проба – 1 проба ÑоÑтавила 50,00

I hope it enough because my skin is what I blame all my problems on. Im hoping that when my skin is looking normal all my problems will be solved!! haha I know that not how it works......

having clear skin wouldn't nearly be enough for me. Don't get me wrong it would be great, but even now, with all my pigmentation, i worry about other aspects of my appearance more than my skin. But how we look is in our genes, and im slowly realising it's easier to accept it now, as it's never gonna change.

Yeah it would be more than enough for me, I dont even care about perfect skin I just want normal skin, ie clear skin, no scarring, maybe 1 or 2 small pimples every now and then.

Acne/acne scarring broke me

Guest Rocky666

Clear skin is enough. I've had pretty nice skin for the past 3 months and I've done more now than I have before. I have a bf and I hang out with my bff all the time and I'm starting school soon. Believe me it is enough.

it would, absolutely..

it wouldnt make my life perfect, but it would give me the motivation and good mood to start making my life perfect, rather than looking from the sideline how clear skinned people make a career.

For me the answer is YES!!!!! I am so tired of being my ag(50) and still break out. Always watching what I eat, going paranoid if people at work talk about my skin. Just for once I would like to go out with my hubby and friends and not care about what my skin looks like or what I order or even trying a bite of something with out the panic of a zit coming later. I don't like the way I feel, I don't like the way it screws with my self esteem. And then there are the "pity" looks from women my age. I know that they are thinking better you than me. So, yeah, it would be enough. Elf

I am clear and life's still the same. Just that I have more confident to keep my head up instead of looking down while passing by people. Also, I've been going out lately.. cycling, gym, food shopping, etc. When I used to break-out with 2-3 big acne most of the time, I stayed home playing video games and never went out with my parents. I used to break-out with a pea sized or a little bigger acne in general. As being clear, I am ecstasy. :)

Good change right there, but life's still the same. What I mean is that I am still LONELY, but I'm still happy. I have a quest on my own, to succeed in becoming a nurse. No matter what happens, I am going to work hard toward my quest, even if I fail 10 times.

So I am sorry for those who are suffering from acne. All I can say is that it will be over soon.

I regret to inform you that some people have bad luck and might end up with acne for up to 20 years or more. I feel worse for those who are on accutane or w.e.. I am on practive and that alone makes me angry because proactive is made with chemical.

Edited by EddieE

def yes because i could finally not be worried the way i look and focus on achieving my goals

No, I will still have to bulk up and get buffer. I hate my body right now Im too damn skinny. I look godd when Im dressed up but when I take off my shirt I just want to puke. Im working out now but who knew gaining weight (muscle not fat) would be so damn hard! :evil:

scars are my main problem, thats never going to go away anyway so... wish my remaining acne would bugger off to, but its not much of an issue to me, unlike scars...

im trying to focus on improving other parts of me instead, ala body, working out, still got along way to go on that front, i think maybe my weight bothers me just as much or if not more then my scars anyway... at least im making progress now.

not sure it will really help my situation mind, loser.

Edited by o_Adam_o

YES! but only when ive suffered from acne. one of my friend who got nice genetics from her mom has prefect skin, but she drinks, smokes a pack of cigars per day, eats junk, , wears make-up all the time, sleep at 5 in the morning generally and is always unhappy because of her love life and still she has great skin. i know i cant blame but she even look down on me because im physically unattractive.. sigh