Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bleh

can i finally bindge drink, 2 months and 10 days after accutane?

title says all. i enjoy drinking, around once a week, but when i do it, i like to get drunk. this is because im young and dont have interest in drinking for taste lol. so, can i?

can i smokke as well?

title says all. i enjoy drinking, around once a week, but when i do it, i like to get drunk. this is because im young and dont have interest in drinking for taste lol. so, can i?

can i smokke as well?

I live at college so I definitely know the feeling, but i think roaccutane stays in your system for about 6 months unfortunately. I still drank heavily on roaccutane, very bad I know. So you've done better than me! When i drank I just had trouble remembering my nights :S It's really bad for your liver though so i think i might get mine tested!

You should listen to your body.

START SLOWLY. You do NOT want to get alcohol poisoning or really sick from drinking. Especially if you still have alot of Accutane in your body, that would be very dangerous.

There is no one answer to your question. It depends on your dose, time on it, the condition of your liver, what your tolerance is, etc. You will have to built your tolerance back up. Let your body get used to drinking again before you get utterly trashed.

I had no side effects other than dryness/skin stuff on Accutane, until school started again this month and I went and got drunk three nights in one week.... then some more serious side effects popped up for a week. Ugh it sucked bigtime though. I was SO achey, and my lower back/liver area and my kidney area... all sorts of discomfort.

Play safe, kids ;)

Edited by andrewharv

FUCK MANNN. 6 months!? god id be fucking pissed. iv also heard the halflife of an accutane tablet is about under a day, and the amount in you just keeps on diminishing. WHY ISNT THERE JUST ONE CLEAR ANSWER.

well, andrew, how did you start drinking again? howd long did you wait to start drinking, even if it was a little? also, did you smoke at all afterwards?

how did you last 4 months without drinking on accutane! i'm having a hard time not drinking while at college... i thought i could do it because i never needed to drink but this is tough watching everyone drink and not being about too.. i'm drinking as soon as i'm done theres no way i can wait 6 more months after these five that im on accutane

don't know about most people but accutane hasn't impacted my drinking at all. had a lot friday, a few saturday, drank all day sunday at the bengals game while tailgating, and then went to a buddies for beer pong after MNF.

no bad side effects and my liver tests keep coming back the same. i see plenty of people post on here that they don't wanna risk drinking but i don't remember seeing anyone having a problem from drinking.