Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
erikd0ubleE

After a month of the Regimen, a lot more blackheads on my nose!!!

Hello everyone,

I've been on the regimen for just over a month now and have noticed that my nose has a lot more blackheads. Is this normal? Will they go away eventually, or do I need to look elsewhere for other products? Thanks for your help!!!

~ Erik

Hello everyone,

I've been on the regimen for just over a month now and have noticed that my nose has a lot more blackheads. Is this normal? Will they go away eventually, or do I need to look elsewhere for other products? Thanks for your help!!!

~ Erik

yeah, what to do with the blackheads? Just leave it there or should i get squeeze it out? Is it allowed to even do so? How about pimples with pus? Can we squeeze it or just apply BP or AHA to get rid of it? I am not sure if i am over reacted but i noticed the scars are deeper recently when i squeezed out the pus and blackheads. I will normally squeeze it and apply BP over it. Is it ok?

That's strange. I use Dan's BP for my nose and it works pretty well at reducing the appearance of blackheads.

BP is the benzoyl peroxide right? I use it too as part of my regimen... does it just vary from person to person? I'm just worried... I don't want an acne free skin, but black dots all over my nose, haha

yeah BP = Benzoyl Peroxide. And yes it does vary from person to person I suppose. I only apply BP once daily on my nose only. For whatever reason it has helped reduce the appearance of my blackheads for the past 16 months or so.

Same here. I didn't have any blackheads before, after starting the regimen I've gotten lots of them! I think I'm not going to use BP on my nose anymore.

I think it's because BP works by pumping oxygen into the skin, which kills the bacteria that causes acne. Blackheads are oxidized whiteheads, so adding BP to whiteheads will make them blackheads. Does it make sense?