Notifications
Clear all

need ways to gain weight on candida diet

MemberMember
(@bennyb)

Posted : 09/29/2009 4:27 pm

I am on an anti candida diet that consists of organic eggs and bacon for breakfast, chicken and baby spinach for lunch, eggs for snacking, and chicken/fish for dinner with steamed broccoli and baby spinach. I am losing weight and even my friends are noticing. I already gain like 135 lbs and i am a 5'11 male. Please let me know what i can eat that will not disrupt my anti candida diet, and will help me gain my weight back. Also i am constipated a lot and psyllium husk and flax seed does not do the trick. I haven't taken a shit in 3 days, 4 including today. Please let me know what i can use for the constipation, but please keep in mind that i can't drink prune juice or eat any type of fruit becuase it's bad for candida and any type of blood sugar level spike makes me break out. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@deantonio)

Posted : 09/29/2009 5:12 pm

have you tried nuts?

Soaked almonds could be easy calories

Hemp seed is a good protein source also

Why are you avoiding beef? I would eat some of that as well

All I can say is eat more. Eat bigger portions. Take some extra virgin olive oil in larger amounts on some things, some people even take shots of it.

PS. constipation I would ass more vegetables into the mix I guess. Broccoli is cool but why not try to add some cauliflower, brussel sprouts etc.....

try to mix it up so its not as repetitive, boil eggs one day. sunny side up the next. scrambled another. mix chicken up between legs/thighs/breast. Beef is good because you can get diff steak cuts, you can get some ground beef for burgers or tacos.

MemberMember
(@packerfan785)

Posted : 09/29/2009 5:16 pm

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR DIET TO A POINT WHERE IT WILL MAKE YOU LOSE WEIGHT. IT IS NOT HEALTHY. EAT HEALTHY BUT DO NOT RESTRICT YOUR DIET, YOU ARE ONLY HURTING YOURSELF AND IN MANY CASES IT DOES NOT EVEN CLEAR YOU.

Sorry for the caps, but too many people starve themselves on this forum.

I am on an anti candida diet that consists of organic eggs and bacon for breakfast, chicken and baby spinach for lunch, eggs for snacking, and chicken/fish for dinner with steamed broccoli and baby spinach. I am losing weight and even my friends are noticing. I already gain like 135 lbs and i am a 5'11 male. Please let me know what i can eat that will not disrupt my anti candida diet, and will help me gain my weight back. Also i am constipated a lot and psyllium husk and flax seed does not do the trick. I haven't taken a shit in 3 days, 4 including today. Please let me know what i can use for the constipation, but please keep in mind that i can't drink prune juice or eat any type of fruit becuase it's bad for candida and any type of blood sugar level spike makes me break out. Thank you.
MemberMember
(@deantonio)

Posted : 09/29/2009 5:16 pm

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR DIET TO A POINT WHERE IT WILL MAKE YOU LOSE WEIGHT. IT IS NOT HEALTHY. EAT HEALTHY BUT DO NOT RESTRICT YOUR DIET, YOU ARE ONLY HURTING YOURSELF AND IN MANY CASES IT DOES NOT EVEN CLEAR YOU.

Sorry for the caps, but too many people starve themselves on this forum.

This is true but the alternative is not dense calories. Just simply eat larger portions

MemberMember
(@bennyb)

Posted : 09/29/2009 5:22 pm

i do eat meat. I eat steak like 3-4 times a week. Even when i didn't have a strict diet and i was supplementing with protein i still wasn't gaining weight. But now it seems that i am losing weight. I don't snack pretty much at all so that could be the cause. I eat big meals though. Is hemp seed expensive? And i am already clear. The diet cleared me within 2 weeks. that's why i am not going to stray from it. I just need to add in more foods that i can snack on that won't cause candida growth.

MemberMember
(@deantonio)

Posted : 09/29/2009 5:26 pm

i do eat meat. I eat steak like 3-4 times a week. Even when i didn't have a strict diet and i was supplementing with protein i still wasn't gaining weight. But now it seems that i am losing weight. I don't snack pretty much at all so that could be the cause. I eat big meals though. Is hemp seed expensive? And i am already clear. The diet cleared me within 2 weeks. that's why i am not going to stray from it. I just need to add in more foods that i can snack on that won't cause candida growth.

hemp is about 10$ a pound but the way I look at it.. In those 10 dollar pounds youre getting 2800 calories and its got a perfect ideal omega 6/omega 3 ratio as well as the best protein source on earth. Google it

Almonds you can buy in bulk a 25 lb box for 100 which is only 4 a pound.... soak them but watch your intake with them because while they have a low omega 6 they have no omega 3 so you might want to look at taking an omega 3 supplement

MemberMember
(@bennyb)

Posted : 09/29/2009 5:33 pm

thanks deantonio. I already take flax and eat eggs that contain 225 mg of omega 3 in each egg, so ima try soaking the almonds like you said, and im guna try that hemp seed.

MemberMember
(@packerfan785)

Posted : 09/29/2009 5:40 pm

Nuts are supposedly half the calories you are told they are.

Also, you may think you are eating a lot, but the fact is if you were you would gain weight. I had the same thing in my head, I should have seen a psychiatrist or something looking back at it. When I look at your daily intake of food it is pretty small.

MemberMember
(@bennyb)

Posted : 09/29/2009 6:00 pm

hey packerfan i am looking for suggestions if you have them. I am not going to change my diet becuase i have a candida infection and i got clear within two weeks becuase of my anti candida diet. So i know that i am not gaining weight, that's why i posted the question. that does not mean that i am not healthy, cause i am sure a lot healthier than when i was eating loads of crappy food and gaining weight.

MemberMember
(@deantonio)

Posted : 09/29/2009 6:04 pm

Nuts are supposedly half the calories you are told they are.

Also, you may think you are eating a lot, but the fact is if you were you would gain weight. I had the same thing in my head, I should have seen a psychiatrist or something looking back at it. When I look at your daily intake of food it is pretty small.

Where did you hear this half the calories thing? Thats a first for me. Not saying I dont believe you just want to see a source

He also didnt give a full breakdown of what he ate he just named the food not the quantity... Ever since you got off the diet bandwagon it's like you're trying to take others with you. Just because you didnt see the success that you wanted strictly off diet doesnt mean that others didnt have AMAZING results because there are threads and threads of people proving that diet alone was a turnaround

MemberMember
(@packerfan785)

Posted : 09/29/2009 6:09 pm

hey packerfan i am looking for suggestions if you have them. I am not going to change my diet becuase i have a candida infection and i got clear within two weeks becuase of my anti candida diet. So i know that i am not gaining weight, that's why i posted the question. that does not mean that i am not healthy, cause i am sure a lot healthier than when i was eating loads of crappy food and gaining weight.

How do you know you had candida? How do you know you got rid of it?

I had once though that I had candida too, but I didn't. I once thought diet could completely clear me, but it didn't.

MemberMember
(@bennyb)

Posted : 09/29/2009 7:06 pm

well the diet did clear me

MemberMember
(@packerfan785)

Posted : 09/29/2009 7:08 pm

well the diet did clear me

Stay on it and see if it continues to give you results. Make sure you do not lose any more weight though. If you do, get off it ASAP, no matter what effect it has on your acne. Try as hard as you can to add more meals or include more variety of foods.

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 09/29/2009 9:56 pm

extra virgin olive oil

clarified butter (ghee)

extra virgin coconut oil (appropriately)

avacadoes

should all be you best friends

in respect to this..............

I too can relate

being 5'11'' at 130 ibs. is no fun.

MemberMember
(@munchy)

Posted : 04/03/2019 8:11 am

Its tough maintaining weight on the Candida diet. In my case Iv always been skinny and Im 6ft2. This diet made me look like I haveaids.

however I am persevering in hopes that my stomach issues resolve. My skin looks better.

i buy almond butter, almond flour, coconut flour, buckwheat flourand coconut tinned milk and make crepes/pancakes out of those. Its a real calorie booster.

i am also eating bigger meals, at first I was keeping them small to give my stomach a break but a month in Im starting to increase my meal sizes.

almonds even soaked and dehydrated seem to make me gassy and dont affect my weight at all.

somewhere in the Candida diet are still trigger foods that make me feel gassy, I will investigate that soon.

i am also not sure if I have Candida, trying the diet as I am out of options.

i also take digestive enzymes to help my stomach breakdown the food.