Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanielleS

Smoking weed cause acne or make acne worse?

I'm wondering if there is any studies that show that people who smoke weed get acne and/or it makes acne worse? Thanks. Edited by DanielleS

i would also like to know this... i smoke alot of weed, but never really see any noticable effects. i could smoke an ounce and not notice a difference in my skin but if i go out and drink hard liquor my face is definately angry at me the next day. but maybe smoking weed is contributing to bad skin through time/in the long run? i dont know..

i smoke weed quite a bit too

<<<<<< if you couldnt tell, but i dont really notice any diff,

but i reckon anything thats not naturaly supose to go in your body, like not healthy food and stuff cant be good for skin crappy food, alcohol and shit like that.

Edited by Shekshee Beast

I'd just be guessing but, if I were to use Dan's theory, the physical smoke from smoking weed in contact with your skin could be irritating, not so much as the internal side of things. I know cigarette smoke can be pretty irritating.

With booze, it might just be not from the actual alcohol but from the side effects of it...f you know what I mean. Like you go out and party, end up passing out and not washing your face or something. But thats just sort of what i've found from my experience.

it doesn't seem to make acne worse, though i suppose in the long run if a person smokes very often external factors (like not taking care of yourself) would affect you more than the weed itself.

when i have a bad trip though i exaggerate the condition of my skin so much and it can make me really depressed. i try not to overdo it, a mild high is optimal and that's when im really just chill.

*moderator edit* but seriously this is a lie personally I smoke bud alot and dont see any thing that will cause me to breakout except for maybe going strait to the fridge and munch on anything so u need to be careful while you eat not to get any grease on your face while you have occacsional breakouts like me it could make them worse and last longer,I know this is lame but u know what i found out while your smoking drink a lot of water that way you fill up on that and go to the fridge and not pigout like crazy and this is good for those like me that like to stay fit just a little help for you.oh and just to add all my friends are clear im the only one with a acne problem its embarassing ,but its almost clear just hanging in there this website has been like a savior seriously i even keep it a secret my friends dont know i have this problem but i mostly have a problem with a few scars but i need to get laser and its a bitch when you aint got all the money and your so close to afording it like 200 bucks more but cant do anything about it FUCk so frutrating sorry i needed to get that out.

Edited by c'est la vigne

*moderator edit* but seriously this is a lie personally I smoke bud alot and dont see any thing that will cause me to breakout except for maybe going strait to the fridge and munch on anything so u need to be careful while you eat not to get any grease on your face while you have occacsional breakouts like me it could make them worse and last longer,I know this is lame but u know what i found out while your smoking drink a lot of water that way you fill up on that and go to the fridge and not pigout like crazy and this is good for those like me that like to stay fit just a little help for you.oh and just to add all my friends are clear im the only one with a acne problem its embarassing ,but its almost clear just hanging in there this website has been like a savior seriously i even keep it a secret my friends dont know i have this problem but i mostly have a problem with a few scars but i need to get laser and its a bitch when you aint got all the money and your so close to afording it like 200 bucks more but cant do anything about it FUCk so frutrating sorry i needed to get that out.

Over the summer i smoked weed everyday. Now, that i'm in school again ill smoke on average 3 times a week. It seemed over the summer i went through very wierd acne problems, because i ussualy dont get acne that bad at all. Now, it's mild on only my chin, my derm. said it was hormonal but some people say that weed does cause more acne. So thanks for all the responses, cause i didn't really think chronic would cause acne or make it worse since it's a natural herb. And, after watching "The Bussiness: Behind Getting High"(i really advise anyone that is a activist for weed to watch it) i'm convinced that weed does almost NOTHING harmful to you. And Criket, i get what you mean.. none of my friends no how much my acne makes me feel. It sucks, but hang in there and i bet soon you will get the money you need to get lazer. Good luck!

Edited by DanielleS

I had to stop smoking for a whole year from 07-08 and still broke out a lot. I started smoking again every since 07 and it has no made my acne any worse.

Smoking makes your skin dry out and dry skin gives you more acne. I guess weed has the same effect. I notice that when I smoke a lot in one night that the next days I have more zits. Now I'm going to quit smoking for a while so I hope I can give you more information later on.

when i started smoking my skin got HORRIBLE. but it's been like three years since then and now when i smoke nothing happens. some people just need to let their bodies build tolerance.

I guess it differs per person. My parents do every day and their skin is so nice.

I wouldn't say it's bad for everyone.

Smoking makes your skin dry out and dry skin gives you more acne. I guess weed has the same effect. I notice that when I smoke a lot in one night that the next days I have more zits. Now I'm going to quit smoking for a while so I hope I can give you more information later on.
Edited by Ḻyssa

I don't know if this is the weed or my hormones calming down, but for the past two or three weeks I've gotten into the habit of smoking a bowl right before bed, and I haven't broken out in about a week and a half. This is big stuff for me, because I usually get one or more pimples everyday when I wake up in the morning.

I don't know if I'd attribute that to the weed though. Maybe my Klaron is finally kicking in? Well either way, I haven't found that it makes me break out. If anything it has no effect on my skin.

No i think it does not make acne worse in my opinion

but although in the long run it might who knows, i highly doubt though..

Do cigarettes cause acne? i would like to know the answer of that one :drool:

I guess it differs per person. My parents do every day and their skin is so nice.

This didn't happen to me when I smoked. It made my skin better, I think because my acne issue is stress and it helped calm me down. It didn't make my skin worse.

yooooo bro cut this habbit. when the weed runs out, which it will, you will never sleep the same again. You know how you get that burnt out feeling, then just pass out? well soon you will be burnt out and go to try to sleep, and all you will do is think and think, and you will be up for hours on end everynight. It ruined sleeping for me, but in the begining I had the best sleeps ever!

No i think it does not make acne worse in my opinion

but although in the long run it might who knows, i highly doubt though..

Do cigarettes cause acne? i would like to know the answer of that one :drool:

I imagine that weed can make acne worse. It would probably depend on the amount that you smoke. But when you get really high your blood pressure is raised and overall your body is working on a much higher level. This could potentially lead to acne.

Now i'm not one of those conservative prudes who think weed is evil. I actually used to smoke quite a lot of weed myself, but it does also screw up your sleep. I know many of you will contest this point, lol. Smoking weed regularly, especially before going to bed screws up your REM sleep. This is especially true if you go to bed high lol... Any mind altering drug is bound to do this. I personally noticed that when i used to smoke a lot of weed i would often get sleep paralysis in the middle of the night. Now i did have this problem occassionally before, but it got much worse when i was a pothead. Once i stopped smoking weed, the problem pretty much stopped as well.

I don't think weed is that harsh of a drug. It has been proven that it is virutally impossible to overdose on natural marijuana. However, not enough has been found on the effects of marijuana on a person in order to make any real conclusions. I imagine that anything that is mind altering can't be good for you. I was personally freaked out by the effect of loss of feeling due to marijuana use. This can only occur with high amounts, but i did used to be a pothead. So i have had loss of sensation when touching objects (ex trying to reach into my pocket and it taking a few seconds before i could feel the material) This is one of the effects that personally freaked me out. I can't imagine any drug that gives you such an effect can be good for you.

Anyway i know i started ranting. Overall i think your health matters when dealing with acne. Marijuana is definitely not something you want to do if you want to be healthy. That should probably be one of the first things a person has to cross off the list before deciding to undergo a healthy lifestyle.

This didn't happen to me when I smoked. It made my skin better, I think because my acne issue is stress and it helped calm me down. It didn't make my skin worse.

yooooo bro cut this habbit. when the weed runs out, which it will, you will never sleep the same again. You know how you get that burnt out feeling, then just pass out? well soon you will be burnt out and go to try to sleep, and all you will do is think and think, and you will be up for hours on end everynight. It ruined sleeping for me, but in the begining I had the best sleeps ever!

Lol... :eh:

1) I'm not a bro

2) I didn't smoke weed.

3) No, because I didn't/don't smoke weed

4) I haven't smoked in a long while

:ermm:

1) I'm not a bro

2) I didn't smoke weed.

Lyssa, you're totally a bro. : D

Pshhh talk to the hand 'dude' :hand:

1) I'm not a bro

2) I didn't smoke weed.

Lyssa, you're totally a bro. : D

Pshhh talk to the hand 'dude' :hand:

You'd be surprised at how many people on these boards actually do think I'm a dude.

Or maybe you wouldn't. But it's a lot of them.

c'est, what's a RBD?

A, erm, rabid bulldog.

It was just something silly a friend and I started talking about via IM one day, and I thought she'd get a kick out of seeing it in my signature.