Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Question on how long before starting...

You probably won't have to wait too long after your appointment to start taking accutane. You don't have the 30 day hold that we women have to deal with. Does your derm know you will be asking for accutane? Your derm's office has to enter you into the ipledge program and gives you a handbook and dvd to watch. From there, you will receive a letter from ipledge confirming your ID and password. Once your derm has confirmed you in the system you can get your script. I am not sure if guys have to answer the comprehensive questions about accutane. I think you might - but try and find out from your derm or someone else on this board (we women have to answer a series of questions about birth control since it's such a big deal). Hope this helps!

Also, try going to the ipledge website to see if you can get some more definitive answers. GOOD LUCK!

When I went to derm and asked bout accutane I got the pill 2 days later, if you plan everything accoridingly, fast before the night of your derm so you can make time to get blood work done after(blood work every couple of months). The only thing that they really have to do is register you in the iPLEDGE program, which you basically don't use since you are a male. Good luck

El Violador