Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paranoid1

Love life sucks because of acne?

Hi,

I am just wondering if any of you could not get a date or had a lover leave you because of your acne. Personally, I've never heard of this being the case. I have a boyfriend myself who just sent me a lovely vase of flowers for my birthday and has had to see me for the past month without makeup on my chin due to perioral dermatitis. It SUCKS!

So I'm wondering if any of you have had positive/negative experiences in love because of your acne.

thanks,

paranoid1

There is no such thing!

If your boyfriend really loves you he would not left you

If you got acne it is not shame, shame is when you give up and do nothing

Edited by lool_101

thanks for responding lool_101

Based on reading/lurking around threads here at acne.org, acne sufferers don't have to suffer in their love lives. And no, my boyfriend didn't/hasn't left me (thank God!). In fact, we are in the process of moving forward. But that's all according to the Man upstairs. :)

Confidence plays a big role, I think.

I've been really flirty and more outgoing this year and I've found a lot of positive vibes back. Got asked my number twice, been asked out, flirted back with, etc. It's nice. :D

But personally I like being single better. You can do whatever you want and not get in trouble for it ;)

I feel that girls without acne dislike guys with acne more than guys without acne dislike girls with acne.

It's just the way it is.

Confidence plays a big role, I think.

I've been really flirty and more outgoing this year and I've found a lot of positive vibes back. Got asked my number twice, been asked out, flirted back with, etc. It's nice. :D

But personally I like being single better. You can do whatever you want and not get in trouble for it ;)

I think the fact that you're amazingly good looking also helps.

:lol:

Uh, not really. But thanks. :P

Honestly, Personality > Looks anyways. At least I'm hoping will be the case. :D

Edited by Ä¿yssa

I never once have thought that my relationship/dating situation was in any way, shape, or form because of my skin. You decide to let yourself be undesirable by choosing to have little self worth. I know it's not that easy, but the best mindset to have is to be in control of your own happiness.

You may fail, you may feel like giving up, but at the end of the day it's your life and if you want something, try your hardest to get it. <3

ive never actually had a problem with this thankfully!.. although one time i did have a guy say he woldnt date me because if he kissed my cheek or forhead he'd get zits on his mouth.. ouch! the guy was just a complete jerk though so i guess that makes it a little better ?