Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
erik's mom

Dosage question

Hi,

I have a son who started acutane generic 3 months ago - Sotrex (spelling) and it was working like a miracle - it was then taken off the market by the FDA - I was told - they are investigating. The put him on another generic Clavaris and he is getting progressively worse! The doctor says he can only stay on it for 4 months and has bumped him up from 10 to 20 mg. x2 per day - I don't know how this is working yet - any news about the other generic coming back, and is there any drawback to staying on it longer than 4 months - he says after 2 months we can try again for another 4 if it does not work...

thanks

Hi,

I have a son who started acutane generic 3 months ago - Sotrex (spelling) and it was working like a miracle - it was then taken off the market by the FDA - I was told - they are investigating. The put him on another generic Clavaris and he is getting progressively worse! The doctor says he can only stay on it for 4 months and has bumped him up from 10 to 20 mg. x2 per day - I don't know how this is working yet - any news about the other generic coming back, and is there any drawback to staying on it longer than 4 months - he says after 2 months we can try again for another 4 if it does not work...

thanks

Hi,

I am a male 21 years of age and i have had chest and back acne for a long time. Since i was a teen. i never had bad acne on the face just a few zits here and there. I have been on almost every antibiotic and finally my doctor put me on claravis. I just started three weeks ago on 20 mg twice a day. I have read that with accutane the acne gets worse before it gets better. i was told by my doctor that the higher dosage you can handle will reduce the risks of acne coming back and having to do another cycle. Also i was told i would be on it for six months. my face is already less oily, but i haven't seen much of a change anywhere else. My brother took accutane when he was younger and now years later he hadly ever gets a pimple. I wish your son the best. I will keep updated on my progress and dosage as well.