Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

Well, now it's time to add food and eliminate expensive foods.

My current diet has been keeping me clear. Finally I decided to change diet because I want to spend only $100-150 a week instead of $250. I want to save up for a better future and I want to have fun by spending some money on other things. I usually spend all my money on foods. So I would like to change my diet and see what happen! I want to change Jay robb whey protein isolate for something cheaper!

and I want to change chicken breast for fish! and eat chicken breast occasionally.

So please give me a list of food that is healthy and won't break you out! It can be organic or non organic, as long as it's not expensive. :)

I'm going to add beans ( does it have to be organic? )

I need help which food needs to be organic. :)

Edited by EddieE

If you want to save money on chicken breasts, they sell big bags of frozen ones at Trader Joe's for about $8 a bag. One bag can last two weeks if you only eat chicken occasionally.

Why do you want to eat fish instead of chicken? Fish is typically more expensive if you get the good stuff like salmon.

As far as cheap healthy foods go, I've found that buying bags of frozen veggies is good for a lot of things, particularly stir-fry and curries. Add a little coconut milk or oil, some chicken, some veggies and some spices and you have a pretty cheap lunch or dinner. :)

Brown rice pasta and chick peas are good cheap foods too, and at this time of year you can get fresh pumpkin for cheap as well.

Here is something that may help you with deciding about which fruits and veggies need to be organic and which don't: http://www.foodnews.org/fulllist.php

How do you save money going from chicken breast to fish?

I get chicken breast for 2$ a pound just look around at all supermarkets I know ONE of them will have it for 2 a pound

I told you a while ago that Jay Robb was a waste. Just go with a nice whey isolate, look around on google Im sure youll find a reasonable one.

250$ a week is CRAZY... buy almonds in bulk, you can get a 25 pound box for like 100 which isnt bad at all only paying 4 per pound its like double that if you buy it in stores for a 1 pound box. I like hemp protein because of how high quality the protein value is and its perfect balance of omega 6 to omega 3 ratio so I dont mind spending the 9/10$ a pound on that... I'll buy a 5 pound bag for 50 and it will last me 20 days... 4 servings per day gives you around 700 calories of the best protein source available with great balance of omegas & vitamins which isnt bad at all when you factor in price to nutrition ratio

Go with ground beef. You can usually find it between 2$-3$ per pound... I'll buy some steaks if theyre on sale but angus ground beef is great and you can just make burgers or tacos, you can add in different seasonings add rice etc. theres a lot you can do with ground beef

Go with bulk size rice bags if you eat rice

Theres no reason you should be spending all that money because you can easily consume 3000 calories from a paleo type diet with a little carbs for AT MOST 100 a week. I usually spend about 80-90 a week on food

Edited by DeAntonio

Buy fish on sale. Also, maybe you could work out less so you don't have to eat enough food for 10 people.

Other than with animal products, organic or not doesn't have much effect on acne. Although the plants may or may not have more nutrients. And with the animal products, the most beneficial thing is for the animals to be pastured so they eat their natural diet.

But for pesticides, buy organic:

apples, bell peppers, celery, cherries, spinach, strawberries, imported grapes, nectarines, peaches, pears, potatoes, and berries. It's not so vital for grapes from the U.S. to be organic.

Foods that rarely contain pesticide residue: asparagus, avocados, bananas, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet corn, kiwi, mangos, onions, papaya, pineapples and sweet peas. Although since bananas are dirt cheap, even organic ones, I like to buy them organic to reduce the pesticides sprayed in the fragile tropical environments and on the poor farm workers.

Buy fish on sale. Also, maybe you could work out less so you don't have to eat enough food for 10 people.

Other than with animal products, organic or not doesn't have much effect on acne. Although the plants may or may not have more nutrients. And with the animal products, the most beneficial thing is for the animals to be pastured so they eat their natural diet.

apples, bell peppers, celery, cherries, spinach, strawberries, imported grapes, nectarines, peaches, pears, potatoes, and berries. It's not so vital for grapes from the U.S. to be organic.

Foods that rarely contain pesticide residue: asparagus, avocados, bananas, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet corn, kiwi, mangos, onions, papaya, pineapples and sweet peas. Although since bananas are dirt cheap, even organic ones, I like to buy them organic to reduce the pesticides sprayed in the fragile tropical environments and on the poor farm workers.

OK, thanks all! I'm going to buy cheap all natural chicken breast, brown rice, whole grain pasta ( going to order ezekiel pasta ), a cheaper whey protein isolate, beans , lots of veggies and nuts.

But are there any other sea food beside salmon that are considered healthy?

OK, thanks all! I'm going to buy cheap all natural chicken breast, brown rice, whole grain pasta ( going to order ezekiel pasta ), a cheaper whey protein isolate, beans , lots of veggies and nuts.

But are there any other sea food beside salmon that are considered healthy?

Most are good, just google search for the fish that are low in mercury

If were talking about cost cutting I would just be eating chicken if I was you, fish is always gonna be more per pound regardless of the type

Why dont you try to add in some dark meat chicken like legs or thighs? Its a good way to mix things up and they are cheaper

If you are gonna add beans, might as well add them organic, they are cheap. Eggs are cheap as well, buy omega 3 eggs.

What type of diet are you following?

I also recommend you add 1 food item at a time. Start eating XXX today, wait a week, see if anything new comes up, then add the next food item if you stay clear. If you break out trace back 2 or 3 weeks, and try only 1 of those food for longer o see which is the one affecting you.

Good luck.

Edited by venam

If you are gonna add beans, might as well add them organic, they are cheap. Eggs are cheap as well, buy omega 3 eggs.

What type of diet are you following?

I also recommend you add 1 food item at a time. Start eating XXX today, wait a week, see if anything new comes up, then add the next food item if you stay clear. If you break out trace back 2 or 3 weeks, and try only 1 of those food for longer o see which is the one affecting you.

Good luck.

I lift weight so I'm trying to grow! As a result, I need high protein and high carbs.