Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SweetSuvi

My Accutane Diary

Hi everyone!

Im 32 yr o. Female who has suffered of mild cystic acne for more or less 15 years. Have tried every treatment there is with no results and have just recently started my first Accutane course- this is it, this HAS GOT TO WORK!!

Ive been reading all your posts and have found this so useful and hopeful! Thought Id share my diary with you all, hoping this thing will end in good results.. Im just in a stage where Im obsessed about my damn face and need to talk about it constanty. My friends and relatives are fed up with me so Im pouring all my thoughts here :)

Anyways - this is my dance with Tane so far:

WEEK 1-3

SKIN

I could see immediate reaction in my skin. First it was kind of thick..then oily and started to pour out all the impurities.Lots of new small zits that were easy to squeeze and healed fast. Skin texture improved rapidly and looked more even and younger. Even all my friends noticed! After 3 weeks I was so happy of fast improvement and small zits did not matter.

SIDE EFFECTS

Dry lips from day one. No surprise. Also flaky skin that was peeling off. Dry eyes but not too bad. Still able to wear contacts. Some headache for first couple of days but nothing after. No muscle pain, rash or any of that. Though side effects were nothing I couldnt handle.

WEEK 4-5

SKIN

Oh my lord I started to break out. I had been so happy with the results and all of a sudden I did not get any small ones anymore but instead started to get these HUGE cysts on my chin, cheeks and even in my back where I never did before. So depressed :( I guess this is the real IB then.. The cysts are totally different than ones I got before. Big lumps that do not form a white head and cant be squeezed. They just sit there FOREVER and I cant do nothing about them. It SOOOO frustrating :( My skin is worse than it was before and I was starting to think maybe this doesnt work for me but then I read many logs here and realised Im still early in course so Im staying hopeful. My acne is not very bad so I should be able to recover.

SIDE EFFECTS

Same as earlier.. Dry lips, skin peeling off. Still able to wear contact lenses and I still dont even need to apply lotion to my skin other than my face. Not so bad.

DAY 37

My skin is smooth and I love the texture of it. It looks great..Other than these stupid cysts that ARE KILLING ME. I got huge one right under my eye brow (WEIRD HUH) and 2 medium ones in my chin. The one under the eye brow has been there like a week now and is just getting bigger and bigger. Still not able to pop it tho, because its just that way ..Aargh. 2 on my chin just came out of nowhere last week when I increased my dosage from 20 mg to 40 mg a day. Looks like they will be there for a while. So frustrated :( I could live with small zits that are easily healed but these cysts...*sigh*

I will promomise myself to update this log so that I can count the days when things will actually start to get better.

Side effectes are totally bearable. Even the dry lips dont bother me that much..

Just trying to work and ashamed on going to meetings with this crappy face thats like one big CYST and skin peeling off everywhere :):) Wohey...

Well Im hanging in there..

Have a great day everyone! xx

S

Hi Sweet :)

Sounds like you're having the same Tane journey I had...I'm 9 weeks into my course now. Like you at first I saw great clearing, skin looked fab...then BAM...IB time! Much worse than anything I'd ever had in 15yrs of rubbish skin, broke out all along my sheeks and chin with cysts, pustules, everywhere.

I barely left the house for a month there was no way I could cover it, thankfully I work from home. After the first month I had my dosage upped, another IB, I questioned many times if I'd made the right decision to o on Tane. However all i can say is HANG IN THERE...week 8 was the turn around for me. As from last week i had NO actives at all! :) My skin still looks absolutely awful because th red marks look as bad as the spots did, however that's all that was there, red marks and healing spots/cysts.

This week Ive had a couple of new actives but I think this is down to it being the time of the month.

It can be disheartening when everywhere you read people have cleared and continue to improve, and we just seem to get worse. But don't worry too much, our 'route' is normal too, just no fun at all! Just see it as you're getting every future spot right now, much better than having those awful worries about breaking out and having ok skin for special occasions and so on.

Thanks for the support Chloe! Im optimistic and realistic at the same time..ready for many new break outs since I realise that might happen even until 3rd month. Ive read some similar stories here that the skin doesnt start to clear before month 3 or so.. and I should not be complaining so much because my acne has never been THAT bad and even now I only have 3 cysts and my cheeks are 100% clean. Many people got so much worse, its just that when on this med you cant wait to get better because now there is hope for it. At the same time you´re scared that you never will.

Im so tired of make up, I dream of the day when I would be able to leave the house without havin any foundation on. I can live with red marks they are easy to cover..but uneven bumby skin is such pain :(

My derm described me on 4 month course only - 1st month 20mg and next 3 40mg a day. My acne is moderate so I guess he tought 4 months would be enough. However if I still get acne at month 4 I sure wanna extend 2 more months. Hope my blood tests are ok next month, I will strangle someone if all this cyst filled flaking face is for nothing :D

Chloe Im happy to read that you have been better now after week 8. I guess occasional small zit every now and then is ok and I believe eventually you will get 100% clear. It seems to be quite a long process and you just process slowly getting less and less every month. I just can not wait for month 2 to be OVER!

Chloe do you have any ideas for this cysts..should I just leave em alone? Have you had these? I cant tolerate because I cant mess with them and they just stay there. I bought antibiotic cream that I have applied on them to make them go down but no result.. :doh:

Hi again :)

Hmm see I went into this without the realistic part, so you have one advantage over me! :D Because I started to clear straight away I thought woo hoo, clear skin within a month, then oops, IB time! However this site is GREAT, I spent a lot of time reading about other people going through the same thing, and to be honest, hearing about other people battling through those awful first 2 months made me feel so much less alone in it all. It's quite difficult when family say 'oh but I thought this was supposed to be sorting out your skin, it looks worse than ever!' So this place is great!

As for your course, I'm only on a 4 month course too, 50mg a day, I weigh 50kg. I have had acne 15yrs raning from mild/moderate, turning to cystic and vey severe when I came off birth control (dianette) at 20. Going back on the pill helped a lot, but I've never been clear, always had at least a few pimples and got large painful cysts a few times a month. So given my history I was expecting to be on a longer course, however it's all about cumalitive dose of the course, it should be between 120mg-150mg per kg of your weight. Mine will be 120mg. However like you if i'm not happy with my progress by the end of that time I will ask for an extra month to give me a higher cumalitive dosage. I'm nearly 27, enough is enough :)

Derms here in the Uk tend to be quite conservative with dosage...maybe because we get everything SO cheaply on the NHS, or is that me being skeptical haha. We also don't have to have monthly blood tests either, just one at the start, and pregnancy tests every month. This whole US iPledge thing sounds like a nightmare!

Regarding the cysts, yep I've had cysts that have lingered for a year at a time and never surfaced properly. I had one that came up and went away for over a year and a half, it FINALLY surfaced thanks to the Tane about 2 weeks ago. I'd try and wait for the Tane to do it's job. It will get rid of them, if they are quite deep rooted it can take awhile, but it will happen :)

I'd leave EVERYTHING alone because your skin is so fragile on Tane and you have almost triple the chance of scarring. If you have something which does come to a head and erupt of its own accord, hmm that delightful feeling of pus running down your face, yuk, then personally I take the opportunity to try and get rid of the rest of the pus, however I never squeeze or pick anything myself as all you are doing is ripping the skin. What I have found beneficial is using tea tree oil mixed with water to rinse my face after cleansing, this has helped a LOT. I also spot treat with it. I have very sensitive skin and BP just burns me, even 2.5%. but tea tree oil has been wonderful, I actually saw a big improvement in the whiteheads I had, with no awful drying/burning. With me having such a bad IB, it was like 'spot the clear skin' ...I'm being very careful to use nothing harsh on my skin because the PIH is enough without making my skin any more damaged.

I currently have one very painful cyst under my skin that made its presence kown yesterday, and my face there looks bruised, but I think it's a hormonal time of the month thing, hope so anyway. I'm just trying to forget it is there though, and put down the mirror. If I'd had a pound for every time I'd looked int he mirror those first 8 weeks...wel lets just say I wouldn't be writing this, my butler would haha :)

Another few tips, after the first month because my breakout was SO bad, my derm put me on Erythromycin to help, and I did find that my breakout fromt he 2nd month wasn't as severe while being on those.

I have found myself getting increasingly paler though through the course, and I always look dead when I'm pale, plus it makes the red marks stand out very badly. So if you do end up in my boat when you are clear (which will be soon!!) I can highly recommend the GlowFusion Protein Tan, it is the ONLY self tan I've ever been able to use that doesn't break me out, and the red marks don't look as bad if your overall skin tone is darker. I just prefer that than having to put even More foundation/concealer on than is necessary.

Only other thing I can say is drink LOTS of water! I think a lot of headaches on Tane are caused by dehydration, and the water will help your skin too! :)

Eek sorry for writing so much!

GREEAT! You read my mind about self tanning. Im ALWAYS tanned, I usually use self tanning (that has made my skin worse) or went to sunbed. Now of course I cant do that so Im pimpled out AND pale as hell. Fantastic :) Will def. try Glowfusion now.

Tea tree oil could be useful, Ive tried that some years ago tho and didnt do much for me. I can try again now. Only thing that cured my acne was birth control but it raised my BP so I had to quit and BAM ..there was acne again. and it has been getting worse and worse over there years. Obviously something that will not cure itself :)

Well regarding the blood tests...Im in europe too, in Scandinavia and Derms here seem to not care much :) Since I did not have to give blood tests at all when I started and I only have to give one test in the middle of the course ( 2 months) and thats it! I guess the doctor really trusts me not getting pregnant :) he told me that too and thats nothing to worry of however since I didnt even get tested in the beginning Im worried of the 2 month outcome. And you know what,- I have a prescription in my hands for whole 4 months!! So its basically totally up to me to take the blood tests. I could just do whole 4 months without getting tested if I wanted. This is actually against the law and they were not happy in the pharmacy but the doc just did whatever he wanted :) I dont mind tho. He cool :D

Yeah and for the realistic part.. I was just like you in the beginning..being sure that this med is a miracle hallelujah , my skin was FAB! But the reality hit me after 4 weeks and thats when I ended here searching for some mental help hehee

Oh I will just leave my friends the cysts alone then.. Will POP SOME BOTTLES when they disappear :)

Hi everyone!

Im 32 yr o. Female who has suffered of mild cystic acne for more or less 15 years. Have tried every treatment there is with no results and have just recently started my first Accutane course- this is it, this HAS GOT TO WORK!!

Ive been reading all your posts and have found this so useful and hopeful! Thought Id share my diary with you all, hoping this thing will end in good results.. Im just in a stage where Im obsessed about my damn face and need to talk about it constanty. My friends and relatives are fed up with me so Im pouring all my thoughts here :)

Anyways - this is my dance with Tane so far:

WEEK 1-3

SKIN

I could see immediate reaction in my skin. First it was kind of thick..then oily and started to pour out all the impurities.Lots of new small zits that were easy to squeeze and healed fast. Skin texture improved rapidly and looked more even and younger. Even all my friends noticed! After 3 weeks I was so happy of fast improvement and small zits did not matter.

SIDE EFFECTS

Dry lips from day one. No surprise. Also flaky skin that was peeling off. Dry eyes but not too bad. Still able to wear contacts. Some headache for first couple of days but nothing after. No muscle pain, rash or any of that. Though side effects were nothing I couldnt handle.

WEEK 4-5

SKIN

Oh my lord I started to break out. I had been so happy with the results and all of a sudden I did not get any small ones anymore but instead started to get these HUGE cysts on my chin, cheeks and even in my back where I never did before. So depressed :( I guess this is the real IB then.. The cysts are totally different than ones I got before. Big lumps that do not form a white head and cant be squeezed. They just sit there FOREVER and I cant do nothing about them. It SOOOO frustrating :( My skin is worse than it was before and I was starting to think maybe this doesnt work for me but then I read many logs here and realised Im still early in course so Im staying hopeful. My acne is not very bad so I should be able to recover.

SIDE EFFECTS

Same as earlier.. Dry lips, skin peeling off. Still able to wear contact lenses and I still dont even need to apply lotion to my skin other than my face. Not so bad.

DAY 37

My skin is smooth and I love the texture of it. It looks great..Other than these stupid cysts that ARE KILLING ME. I got huge one right under my eye brow (WEIRD HUH) and 2 medium ones in my chin. The one under the eye brow has been there like a week now and is just getting bigger and bigger. Still not able to pop it tho, because its just that way ..Aargh. 2 on my chin just came out of nowhere last week when I increased my dosage from 20 mg to 40 mg a day. Looks like they will be there for a while. So frustrated :( I could live with small zits that are easily healed but these cysts...*sigh*

I will promomise myself to update this log so that I can count the days when things will actually start to get better.

Side effectes are totally bearable. Even the dry lips dont bother me that much..

Just trying to work and ashamed on going to meetings with this crappy face thats like one big CYST and skin peeling off everywhere :) :) Wohey...

Well Im hanging in there..

Have a great day everyone! xx

S

I can totally relate to the 'ashamed of going to meetings' im the same, I get to work and towards the end of the day I think, how the hell did I manage to drag myself in here looking the state in which I do *siiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhh* but we have to get through this! I just keep thinking maybe I will need that day off next week when its EVEN WORSE (Hopefully that day wont come and it will be more like, WOW i dragged myself in looking like that and never took a day off *pat myself on back* LOL!)

Good luck with your journey! Ill be following you!! Chin up buttercup *hugs* xoxox

Thanks girl! The shitty thing is that my position at work is "quite high"...Filled with meetings, presentations and sometimes even media interviews..yeah woo hoo ..I will try everything in my power to avoid any media appoitments during these months on Tane. I can imagine how may face will look on TV..LOL..no thanks. I will call in sick, my dog has died, car has been stolen,- ANYTHING :)

Maybe my crazy ass doctor can write me 4 months sick leave? :)

Thanks girl! The shitty thing is that my position at work is "quite high"...Filled with meetings, presentations and sometimes even media interviews..yeah woo hoo ..I will try everything in my power to avoid any media appoitments during these months on Tane. I can imagine how may face will look on TV..LOL..no thanks. I will call in sick, my dog has died, car has been stolen,- ANYTHING :)

Maybe my crazy ass doctor can write me 4 months sick leave? :)

Oh dont, I have so flirted with the thought of being signed off for 4 months!! Mind you I would prob come back and be up for a disciplinary as they may think I have had Botox or a chemical peel if my face does clear hehehehe!

See crazy thing is, my makeup, I used Estee Lauder Double Wear, makes my skin look flawless in photos....maybe try it? It amazes me as in daylight and any other light (especially morning train light - OUCH) I look awful, lumpy, bumpy, sore, scabby YUK the list goes on! Maybe give it a go though! Never know! :think:

Oh REALLY? I use Mac and it doesnt look good now that my skin keeps peeling off.. well I give anything a try right now :)

and yea I would def get sacked for being off for 4 months, my boss would think Id just be havin some facelift or boob job thinking Im just messed up in this 30´s crisis .. Nevermind the tits I just wanna get this face CLEAR :D

I like the tea tree oil idea. I will consider rinsing with it at night.

I dont know what to do about makeup these days. I work from home so it isnt a major worry. I used the MAC studio fix powder twice but I ended up looking very pale at the end of the night. I have just about every MAC foundation that exists so I will do a review pretty soon. I long for the day when I can go without foundation...

Edited by msalecia

Good Morning,

I must warn that my morning has not been very good..Ive somehow managed to loose my pills together with the prescription and my derm is not back before tomorrow so looks like I will miss my daily 40 mg *sigh* I can not believe Ive lost the damn bag where I had the pills that I got last friday. I searched EVERYWHERE. I called another derm that said missing one day doesnt make any difference though.. So I guess its ok. But it still bothers me that I cant find the meds. I usually NEVER loose anything. I must be on some bad Karma now.

So back to main subject..my SKIN

DAY 38

Ive been on 40mg for 7 days now and starting to see the outcome.. Since pumped to 40 mg a day Ive developed 3 new cysts and couple of smaller zits. Cheeks are clean. Thank god.

Last nite I messed with the cyst below my eye brow that has been there over a week and managed to get something out of it. I know I shouldnt have messed with it but I think its healing now. Which is great. The 2 ones on my chin are getting HUGE and look kinda bad. I cant do anything for them now and just looking at my chin makes me depressed :( However no new actives today..yet. Im staying positive and hoping I develop no new ones.

SIDE EFFECTS

Ive also got some new symptoms which I never had before. My eye brows are coming off slightly and I have this weird dry cough. Anyone else had this cough? I woke up last nite worried that maybe its something serious like trombosis..but then again maybe its just that my throat is so dry. Trying to drink lot of water.

So in addition to these new, my skin is still dry and peeling from the face. Especially lips. Eyes are ok. No rash, no muscle pain. My hair is so thick that even if I lost some hair it would not matter. Its my eye brows that worries me now..

Thats its for now, keep your fingers crossed that I would stop breaking out soon :)

And I get my meds tomorrow..(or find them today) :)

Have a Nice Day!

You know, I don't know if a pimple here , a pimple there is worth me getting on accutane as my dermatologists suggests. Maybe I have a little more that a few, but accutane? the side effects that many people have happened to them doesn't seem worth completely clear (and flakey?) skin. Plus, I'm afraid to get fraxel if I ever go on it, to deal with the scarrs left by a more severe but short-lived outbreak I had.

I used to think that too when I read these posts before I started. Thats why I waited so long. But it actually sounds worse than it really is..I mean, I know in the end its going to be worth it. Whats couple of months dryness and some other small stuff for (hopefully) lasting clear skin.

Its just that when on this med you become so cautios of everything that is going on in your body and skin, thats why many report it here so in detail. In reg life you just dont pay attention to this stuff at all!

Even though I have cysts now I wouldnt trade this face to one I had before...My face used to break out all the time, I just didnt mind because I was used to it. Now every small zit is a big deal because you have hope for getting clear you you just cant wait.

Btw, I was previously (b4 Accutane) using Retin-A for my skin..and it did make my skin a little bit clearer but did not stop cysts and other blemises at all :( Lets hope its not that I wouldnt react to vitamin-A...

New Day .. Couldnt find my pills yesterday and missed my daily dose. Should get new prescription today.

DAY 39

SKIN

Good news: The cysts are coming down. I popped the one in my chin last nite and now its healing. Other one seems to be coming down too.

Bad News: I got 2 new actives. On above my lip and one on the cheek. They seem to be small and innocent at this point but who knows what will come out of them. I was sooo disappointed. Ever since week 3 Ive seemed to had this habit of getting 2-3 new zits/cysts whatever ever week that take 1-2 weeks to heal. So Im in this cycle of having actives and healing marks on my skin all the time. Cant say my skin looks anywhere close to being clear. Im not sure if my skin is just clearing itself (which I hope) or Im just still having my reg acne and this thing is not working. I talked to my Derm today and he said this is normal at this stage and Im still early on course. So staying optimistic.

SIDE EFFECTS

Im not experiencing any bad dryness today but that seems to be up and down too.

The cough is also gone and no more eye brow loss yesterday. So this part is fine.

Im trying to concentrate on other things than my skin..and taking it day by day...

Edited by SweetSuvi

Alrighty I got my pills yesterday so Im back on track...

DAY 40

SKIN

2 actives I got yesterday didnt develop as cysts so Im glad about that. I popped the one on the cheek and its gone. One on my lip is still there and quite inflamed but hopefully its coming down soon. Last nite things were looking up since most of the stuff in my face seemed to be healing.

BUT this morning I woke up with new cyst developping on my chin. Its definitely a deep rooted one. F**k!!!!!When is this going to stop..seriously. Im really not feeling this right now. There is not one day without something new forming. Its not even up and down for me right now..its just down, down, down :( I also got couple on my back where I didnt use to have pimples. But thats ok, they dont show so I wish they would just be there and not on my face!!

SIDE EFFECTS

Nothing new here...

*SIGH* *SIGH*

Hugs honey xxx

Please don't worry about pimples on your back...it's DEFINITELY the tane! I haven't got any spots on my chest of back since I was about 13....about 5-6 weeks into tane I got a few in both places, and think I may still have a couple to come through on my chest. All I can think of is it is Accutane purging everything still, things that are VERY deep down.

Accutane is definitely a rocky road...I had no new actives for about a week, last 2 days I've got a large painful cyst on my inner cheek and 2 painful whiteheads on the outside of my cheek. Can totally sympathise with you. It's like one step forward and 20 back sometimes. And yep, even harder when things are healing because although you know it's getting better, the red marks make it look as though you're no further forward, grr :)

They say month 3 is the turning point for most people. I think for people like us who get deep rooted cysts it can be quite a long road, because as we know they can last weeks, so I think Tane has it's work cut out getting rid of them. It will work in the end! I don't think I've ever read of anyone whose skin hasn't improved on tane :) All the negative comments seem to be with regards to side effects not clearing acne. Just wish we had a fast forward button and could do an instant before and after :D

Someone once said to me, and it makes sense...that I was looking for improvements too soon (don't we all!) and that I should look at it this way, that I've only taken 10% of the course, 20% of the course and so on. And it's a good way to look at it really, makes us get our improvements or lack of, into perspective a bit. We will get there!! xx

Thanks so much Chloe <3..Im SOO sorry to hear that you are breaking out again! I was counting on you and your improvement that I would clear up too in few weeks too..Damn this thing!!

Im trying to tell myself I shouldnt even expect things to improve. That way I wouldnt get disappointed everytime they dont. It would be the best if I could just forget Im on this course and think of this like my regular condition ..so if I would get better it would only be a plus.

I read this log today of a girl who had horrible cysts on her face ALL the way 6 month course. After 6 months she quit even tough she still had some cysts because she couldnt deal with side effects anymore. And suddenly after she quit she cleared up completely and had been clear for a year. What the hell.... This med really has its ways.

Its just hard to deal with because you dont get any improvement AND have to deal with side effects AND there actually is no 100% quarantee things will ever get better. BUT I just have to believe it will,- its the only way to get through this..

Good Luck to you too, keep me posted on how you are doing!!

Btw, tried tea tree oil mixed with water and it calmed down the redness but def. did not help on cysts since new one popped in the morning. But I didnt expect it to..Nothing does..:)

DAY 41

SKIN

Nothing new going on here.. No new actives today wohey!

Popped the one above my lip so its healing. Still got old nodule on my chin thats going down and the new cyst or nodule or whatever thats just there. Also seems to get some small whiteheads around my chin..so lot of stuff going on around my chin thats always been the problem area for me. I guess its Tane making things come out.

I think Im going to put on some self tanning on my face even tho I shouldnt but Im so pale :( Not used to it..We´ll see what happens :)

Going out tonight with friends..Cant stop living even on Tane :)

SIDE EFFECTS

Dryness on lips. Thats about it..

DAY 43

Not much going on here..Things are pretty steady. I havent had any new actives for this past coupe of days so seems that IB has calmed down for now. Im not counting this will last though. Just waiting for it to start again..

SKIN

Still got 2 nodules on my chin that will probably be there for a while. Other one I can probably pop in a week, other one seems to be going down but not completely disappear..weird. Well I can deal with these as long as I dont get any new ones!! I seem to be getting some blackheads and stuff now a little..more than before on this course. But I trust its just Tane making stuff come out.

SIDE EFFECTS

Dry flaky skin & lips...Same old.

I seems to be somewhat tired now..Dont feel like doing anything. I usually love to go to gym etc but now I have to FORCE myself to go there. Im not depressed etc..just really tired. Cant wait to get off this med..

Thank god my skin is at least better now..

DAY 44

SKIN

My face seems to be improving further..no new actives (well maybe few tiny whiteheads but Im not even counting them). The cysts on my chin are fading. Im HAPPY! Just dont think this will last but Im happy for now! I didnt think I had any scars but seems my skin is so "thin" now that there seems to be some tiny scars that are visible now. Also some red marks of course. But these are so easily covered with makeup..I dont care of these small details just as long as my skin just would stop creating new pimples i.e bumps.

Also got some nodules on my back, where I didnt use to have pimples before..but like said earlier thats alright.

SIDE EFFECTS

My lips are CRAZY dry today.. Lips look and feel like raisins.

All the skin is coming off ..again.

Its funny how some days they not so dry, the other they feel like they gonna fall off.

But Im glad Im still able to wear my contacts..my eyes are not that dry yay!

I also feel a little more "alive" today..not so damn tired and Im happy about that too :)

So have a good day everyone! <3

Edited by SweetSuvi

Hi Sweet :)

Awesome that you have no new actives!!! :dance: And more energy, cool!!

Hmm yeah totally know what you mean about lips super dry one day and then not bad the next. With me it's my skin too. It was getting oily agan the last few days, and doesn't really get dry at all. Just a bit tight if I don't moisturise.

Sorry to hear you're still breakng out no your back, but as you say it's nothing to worry about, was doing the same on my back and chest despite having nothing there for about 10yrs or something! I',m a little ahead of you, day 68, and my body breakouts are just healing now, no new ones. Hopefully it will be the same for you!

Yeah as I said the other day, breaking out again...got a rather large and nasty cyst on the front of my cheek which has hung around for days, but is surfacing now. And been breaking out along cheeks and chin again, but good news is although they are painful they are much less angry than the IB ones. Just such a pain that things take forever to heal on this thing!

Do your cysts come to a head or fade away? I'm quite pleased mine are coming to a head now as before they would just come up and go down over months and I used to hate waiting for them to reappear!

Kinda ready to stop breaking out now though! Hopefully we will both soon be past this stage!! :D

aaargh Chloe...cant belive you still breaking out :S :S How long did your "clear stage" last so I know what to expect? Your IB started to calm down around week 7-8 right? and after you were active free for a week or so and now it started again? How bad is it now really compared to IB and compared to before Tane? Oh damn this thing..I know already its coming. Im not expecting this to be permanent :(:( How long is your course?

My cysts are evil. You never know whats going on with them..especially now on Tane.

Post Tane they always used to come to a head sooner or later but now its both ways.

Like now: I got 2 cysts on my chin. One has been there for 1,5 week and started to fade around a week. Im suspicious that it will come back up at some point since it never came to a head.

The other came later and was there about 4 days and came to a head yesterday. So that one is healing now completely.

Nice to hear things are looking up Suvi!

I started at the end of August so we're around the same point...

Thanks "Dude" ;D

I know eh, thats why Im following your log. Wanna see if our course is anywhere near similar.

Like said earlier things are looking ok now but I do not believe this crap is anywhere near its end.

Reading all the logs it seems that if acne disappeares in first 15 days its not likely to come back anymore during course. Then again if IB continues around month 2 break its likely to continue for a looooong ass time. *sigh*

Well anyways hows things with your dear eyebrows? :)