Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarkP9114

is it okay to ask the dermatlogist lots of questions?

I've been browsing these prescription acne medications forums lately and I feel like there is SO much stuff about them! I want to make sure I have some knowledge going into my first dermatologist visit so I won't get screwed over. Well like I said, I will be going to my first dermatologist visit in 2 weeks. I've heard bad stories of dermatologists telling people wrong information, or simply giving them medication that makes their acne worse so they will continue to keep going to them. So I guess i'm just fearful that I will get a derm thats all money hungry and won't want to help me at all. I want to type out a list of questions I had..do you think that would be disrespectful to the dermatologist if I asked a lot of questions and provided my opinion and what i've heard about certain prescriptions?

Money is a huge concern for me, and even though I have insurance I can't afford to try out everything there is! I want something to work as soon as possible

I honestly believe people on here are paranoid about dermatologists(and doctors in general). I've never had a bad experience with a dermatologist. At any rate.. of course it would be a good idea to ask as many questions as possible. They will likely prescribe you a topical + antibiotic combo. I don't see what they would possibly prescribe that would make your acne worse.. I mean there are pretty standard medications that all dermatologists generally prescribe for acne. Ask them to explain each prescription. Also, you should ask for free samples of whatever prescription you get.

I honestly believe people on here are paranoid about dermatologists(and doctors in general). I've never had a bad experience with a dermatologist. At any rate.. of course it would be a good idea to ask as many questions as possible. They will likely prescribe you a topical + antibiotic combo. I don't see what they would possibly prescribe that would make your acne worse.. I mean there are pretty standard medications that all dermatologists generally prescribe for acne. Ask them to explain each prescription. Also, you should ask for free samples of whatever prescription you get.

good tips! I will definitely ask for some free samples and have him explain each prescription. Thanks