Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
davenguy

Will the layers of my skin grow back?

I had bad acne as a teenager but now I'm in my late 20's and I had decent looking skin. I wanted it to look flawless so I bought a home microdermabrasion kit. However, how my skin looks worse than before. I think what happened is the kit removed the top layers of my skin and exposed the deeper acne scars I got as a child. Is this permanent? If I stop using the kit, will the top layers of my skin just grow back and look like it was before I used the kit? Thanks.

I had bad acne as a teenager but now I'm in my late 20's and I had decent looking skin. I wanted it to look flawless so I bought a home microdermabrasion kit. However, how my skin looks worse than before. I think what happened is the kit removed the top layers of my skin and exposed the deeper acne scars I got as a child. Is this permanent? If I stop using the kit, will the top layers of my skin just grow back and look like it was before I used the kit? Thanks.

Did you push down really hard? Everytime I use mine my acne has improved a little by the next day? Everytime. If you continue to resume this kit after your skin heals. I would use it and not push down, just move the crystals around on your face as if you were washing. It soughs off skin everytime, and will improve the condition of your skin if used correctly. :)

Our skin is not a wall. If we peel off a layer, it WILL grow back. It doesn't simply gets thinner.

Thanks, that's what I figured but I just needed confirmation to make me feel better I guess. I hope it grows back soon because I hate looking at these scars :(

Our skin is not a wall. If we peel off a layer, it WILL grow back. It doesn't simply gets thinner.

umm actually thats not entriley true. Yes is does grow back but form my research and others including a derm i visited says that the skin does not grow back to its full thickekness and actually stays thinner. But this was to do with peels not an at home microdermabrasion kit. if you want to thicken the epidermis, appratnly a dermaroller with very short needles will help i havent tried it myself though. read this .

http://www.dermaroller.de/us/epidermis-thi...-thickness.html

they also mention on that site about peels and how they thin the skin overall .. as in it doesnt grow back to its original thickness. i think though that with you at home dermabrasion kit you should be fine since its not that stong at all.

umm actually thats not entriley true. Yes is does grow back but form my research and others including a derm i visited says that the skin does not grow back to its full thickekness and actually stays thinner. But this was to do with peels not an at home microdermabrasion kit. if you want to thicken the epidermis, appratnly a dermaroller with very short needles will help i havent tried it myself though. read this .

http://www.dermaroller.de/us/epidermis-thi...-thickness.html

they also mention on that site about peels and how they thin the skin overall .. as in it doesnt grow back to its original thickness. i think though that with you at home dermabrasion kit you should be fine since its not that stong at all.

oh and eating pomagraantes is supossed to thicken the epidermis and is generaly good for you skin ... heard that from Dr Oz lol