Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InquisitiveCreature

Has anyone gotten laser treatment for broken blood vessls?

I'm thinking about asking my dermatologist about it...I wanted to know a couple things.

1. How much does it cost?

2. How long does it take and how many times do you have to get it done?

3. Just an overall description of what the whole procedure is like.

I haven't had any laser treatments done.. but have read enough about them to try to answer your questions. I don't think your dermatologist will recommend laser treatment. Unless your broken blood vessels are fairly severe and noticeable I just don't think they would recommend it to someone your age.

1. How much does it cost? Vbeam and IPL sessions usually cost $300-600. Depending on how many sessions you have you can expect to pay $1000-1500+ total.

2. How long does it take and how many times do you have to get it done? The actual procedure should only take half an hour(or less)

3. Just an overall description of what the whole procedure is like. I haven't had it done so it's hard for me to say. People who have had it done say its pretty painful and feels like a rubber band being slapped against your face.

and
some youtube videos of IPL procedures.

Here is a quick factsheet for IPL

Here is a FAQ for VBeam

You can google either one for more reading material.

Edited by Maver1ck

Thaaaaanks...but if I can't get it done then I don't know what to do. I don't think there's anything else that would do it, and they don't go away on their own do they? Either way, if it's that expensive then it's out of the question...

Hello there,

I don't think there's any problem getting it done, no matter what age..the earlier rosacea is tackled the better.

I have had many sessions of both v-beam and IPL and have found them both to be very useful..v-beam attacks the capillaries directly and after about 3 sessions they should look better. The drawback is that rosacea skin reacts badly to the damage the laser causes, and it can take a while before the scarring goes-about 10 days to 2 weeks, but mineral make-up can cover it well.

IPL deals both with veins and the underlying flushing..I'm having IPL at the moment cos I feel that even though v-beam does help, it doesn't clear them entirely (maybe more are coming) and IPL seems to do just as good a good job without the scarring..my therapist says that she prefers to use v beam on veins as that eliminates them for good while they return after a while with IPL but I haven't found that much of a difference..both work well, but you have to take lifestyle steps to ensure new ones don't come through-I've listed supplements below, and I'm sure you know what your triggers are..

As regards the cost-do look around: I live in England and the cost varies from about $800 in the top places to what I pay, which is $70 for a roseacea facial and laser treatment..and it's top quality..the reason being is that a lot of dermatologists in fancy offices exploit roseacea sufferers by charging a lot and then not performing a good job, at least that's the case in england...the best bet is to find a dedicated beauty therapist who specializes in rosacea, cares a lot about it, and owns her own machine...laser treatment is only as effective as the therapist who provides it. Don't be afraid to ask questions..there's bound to be someone around..

another thing-taking pycogenol supplements is very good for veins-you can get them at any vitamin store, as well as vit c, and zinc, preferably in a liquid form...I also take flaxseed oil as that's an anti-inflammatory, a B-complex (with niacinamide not niacin), a multi-vit, digestive enzymes, and an eye-complex formula..and my veins are a million times better than they were..

Good luck and try to remain positive-there is hope, and you are not alone!