Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry if its too long, just had to share it with someone..

I m 18 years old guy and I've been struggling with this awful acne for about 5 years. As with many other cases, at the beginning, it was only in mild-moderate stage, 1-2 zits every couple a days or so, it didnt really affect me, probably because I wasnt so self-concious at that time. This stage persisted until last year..And God knows, my life started to go downhill from that point. Cysts, huge nodules, random boils , you know what I mean. Moreover I am a mulato, so every single damn pimple has left an atrocious mark..My acne is now at its worst..And moreover from all depression I got ocassional panic attacks. I never could imagine acne can devastate my life to the point , where I will be sitting at home alone, not even daring to look in the mirror. You ll ask what bout friends? Most of them somehow disappeared, maybe because I closed myself, or maybe because of their shallowness..Even my father (I live only with him at the moment) is tired of going to dermatologist and getting prescriptions for numerous "miracle" creams. School started now, I skipped around 70% of all classes since day one. Just cant overcome the everyday embarassment when I look into the eyes of my peers and so called friends with clear skin. Before my acne got to this point, I was a very outgoing person, with damn high self-esteem, popular in school...And now, its all down the drain..Why no try accutane? Just dont think my body will handle it, its extremely sensitive to any medication, I used to take some antibiotics (mynocycline) which almost put me in the hospital, well, long story..So to be honest, I m out of strenght, and out of any ideas what to do next? And strangely enough, there is nobody right now who can advice me smth, just complete loneliness. Many say, dont pay attention , it will go away, stay positive and stuff..but who was at the lowest point of depression would know that it simply doesnt work. Too much stress, pressure, suffer, pain to not pay attention to it or to accept the problem and live with it..God, I just want to get my life back and if smb was in the same situation, I would really appreciate any help...

Edited by John Richson

You just have to keep looking on the bright side, find something you enjoy doing and who cares about what others think, you only live once.

Acne is a horrible thing that kills most people's self esteem.. I myself within the last few days now has gotten another uprising of crap on my face. It's so bad just how much of your life is controlled by this mess. I'm 24 and been fighting this stuff since I was like 13 and blame acne for not having any sort of a dating life at all because of this. Even on one of the best weeks where I don't have any big zits I still have the constant overly oily face that has me just wanting to rip it off. I can't stand to touch my face like this so how would someone else even wanna make contact with it?

I recently started going to a derm using Differin gel at night now with little effectiveness.. on my next visit I'm going to try to get something to be taken orally to get a grasp on this damn oil and the problem within.. everything else is in check.. diet, weekly exercising.. it all means hardly anything at times.

You just have to keep looking on the bright side, find something you enjoy doing and who cares about what others think, you only live once.

Yea I know wut u mean, but when there is nobody around at least to support, it gets depressing.. But thank u:)

Acne is a very depressing thing to deal with. I use to cry each week and stress causes acne to worsen...until I realized crying and sulking in my misery gets me no where. Have you tried proactive? Or is that too strong?..when I feel down about my skin I try to look on the bright side of things and acknowledge the good features I have I may have bad skin but that doesn't change who I am as a person.

I have a question...so do you guys find that Dan's benzoyl peroxide has no effect on your face?

It can clear mild-to-moderate acne , but unfortunately, it wont clear moderate - to - severe one

Even though I still suffer from acne what's kept me happy despite having it is the fact that it still looks way better than it used to. It may look bad now but I remember when it took 30 whole minutes to spot treat my face because I had so many active pimples. That wasn't fun at all. Hopefully you'll find a treatment that will at least improve your face somewhat. I'm sorry to say but you have a tough situation there. Just keep searching for a cure, and while you are looking just be happy for who you are. Things could be worse, at least you don't suffer from cancer. Also, you just have to accept the fact that you have it rough. Don't be hard on yourself, it's not your fault that you're stuck with bad skin. You have my condolences though and I completely understand that it's difficult to be happy.

And to the guy that mentioned benzoyl peroxide, it helps my acne heal faster but it doesn't get my face 100% clear because it fails to prevent new pimples. If I break out I heal rather quickly but there is no stopping a future break out with the BP.

Hey man, I suggest checking out this site, it's called *moderator edit* and going to a section called 'how to feel better with acne'. There's only two posts on it but they are gems and have made me feel shitloads better about my skin.

Edited by c'est la vigne

I have a question...so do you guys find that Dan's benzoyl peroxide has no effect on your face?

It certainly has the effect of making my skin fall right off and the acne to come back with full force the second I stop using it.

(not Dan's, but BP in general)

Hey man, I suggest checking out this site, it's called *moderator edit* and going to a section called 'how to feel better with acne'. There's only two posts on it but they are gems and have made me feel shitloads better about my skin.

man , rly thank u, that helped a lot:)