Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoGivingUp

Doing it efficiently.

Hi!

Since starting the regimen about a month ago, I have seen great results with my acne. My skin is still red and irritated but the breakouts themselves have all but STOPPED. :dance:

Now my question is this - for those following the regimen each morning and night, how long does it take you each time?

Between the applying and the waiting between the steps, I'm using about a half hour of my morning or more. I've been finding ways to save time by getting things that I need done done between the steps but I'm curious about anyone else out there that's found good ways to do this the RIGHT way, but to do it more quickly.

Any comments or advice?

I'd think even a half hour is too short to be doing it RIGHT. It takes me AT LEAST 45 minutes to do the 3-steps, morning and night. I mean, if you follow the suggested wait times between steps (10-15 minutes), you're already at ~30 minutes right there in just waiting. I used to be impatient and try to squeeze it in a shorter time frame, but with that comes the tendancy to rush (not be gentle or thorough enough, etc.) and that's where problems start to occur.

I say just stick to what you're doing...getting little chores or tasks done around the house during the waiting periods is a great way to kill time.

Edited by dfekt

I'd think even a half hour is too short to be doing it RIGHT. It takes me AT LEAST 45 minutes to do the 3-steps, morning and night. I mean, if you follow the suggested wait times between steps (10-15 minutes), you're already at ~30 minutes right there in just waiting. I used to be impatient and try to squeeze it in a shorter time frame, but with that comes the tendancy to rush (not be gentle or thorough enough, etc.) and that's where problems start to occur.

I say just stick to what you're doing...getting little chores or tasks done around the house during the waiting periods is a great way to kill time.

I see everything you're saying and agree. And that's okay when I'm at home.

I guess I'm just all baffled with this idea of sticking to the regimen now while I'm say, at a friend's or on vacation. Next week I'll be staying with someone I RARELY see for a five day weekend and we're going to want to get up and get going in the morning. First off, I don't even like people knowing I've got an acne regimen, much less having to wait around for me to do it.

Ah well. . . ?