Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sunshine9281

Accutane - good choice

I am a 28-year old woman, and I started on Accutane about 2 weeks ago. I was very nervous at first and did A LOT of research before making a decision to go on it. I know several people (both men and women) who have been on it at different points in their lives. They have all recommended it, have had great results, and no longer have acne problems.

I have to say that I have not had any side effects. My lips are slightly dry (normal for me), but nothing I can't control. My skin is not really dry at all (I have naturally oily skin), and my acne has not gotten any worse. It actually has been improving. I was on Solodyn the month before I started this treatment as well as a topical cream, so I think that really helped.

This is a very personal choice, and everyone will have different results. I suggest doing as much research as you can and thinking long and hard before deciding. But as of now, it was a great choice for me. There is a lot of bad stuff out there about Accutane, so I wanted to share my positive experience.

Thanks, Sunshine. I was also on Solodyn prior to Accutane and I think that helped curb the dreaded IB, but who knows for sure, right? Best of luck to you on your course and I hope you continue to not experience many side effects. :)

Well sorry to burst your bubble, but it's only 2 weeks, it'll be at least a month or longer until you start seeing side effects.

My Acne got worse in week 2-3 on accutane but it varies from different people. Your side effects will become more noticable in around week 3

i was also on solodyn before i started taking accutane and its been 3 weeks and my face is better than its been in months of taking every possible acne medication i have yet to break outt