Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SimplePimple

Question: Can jojoba oil cause breakouts?

Hi, I just bought AHA+ and jojoba oil... I was using the AHA + for spot treatment, and I also added a few drops of jojoba oil in my moustourizer just because I read such good things about it..

But can jojoba oil cause breakouts? Right now I have like the biggest breakout I've had on the regimen, but it's not only in the area I treat, but also on my neck and under the hair...

Do you think it's a coincidence or do you think the jojoba oil can have something to do with it?

And also; If the regimen has worked for me over one year now, will it stop working or work worse than before? I mean, will the effect of the BP wear off if my skin gets immune or something? (Sry for the scepticism, it's just that i'm so nervous of the regimen suddenly not working anymore:p)

thanks!!

It doesn't usually cause problems, but there are some people here and there who have not done well with it.

How long have you been on the Regimen? The first few months can be frustrating, regardless, with clearing and breakouts.

Here's the "what to expect" page. http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

And read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#resistant

I hope that helps.

It doesn't usually cause problems, but there are some people here and there who have not done well with it.

How long have you been on the Regimen? The first few months can be frustrating, regardless, with clearing and breakouts.

I hope that helps.

Well... I have been on the regimen for one year.. Been a once-a-day user every night.. And it's worked out fine for me just once a day. But lately I have gotten new pimples, and they are much more painful than before.. Just to the touch :(

And it hasn't been like that before. I also now shower EVERY day and shave EVERY day, which I didn't do before. I also apply aha and jojoba oil.

The last thing I can think of is that i just started using protein shakes, if this means anything.

Brandy?

Make sure your Protein Shake doesn't have any unnecessary sugars or additives that have been added to it. My Protein Shakes don't cause my acne, I use Reflex Instant Whey. What brand do you buy?

I hope that helps.

Well... I have been on the regimen for one year.. Been a once-a-day user every night.. And it's worked out fine for me just once a day. But lately I have gotten new pimples, and they are much more painful than before.. Just to the touch :(

And it hasn't been like that before. I also now shower EVERY day and shave EVERY day, which I didn't do before. I also apply aha and jojoba oil.

The last thing I can think of is that i just started using protein shakes, if this means anything.

Brandy?

shaving everyday in my opinion is a serious skin irritant for sensitive skin like mine for example, doesn't matter how gently i run the razor. If i shaved the day before and the present day I will get some acne. So to avoid this i shave every other day and my skin is doing great right now.

I personally drink protein drinks and bars.. never gave me a breakout. Mostly Cliff builders lol.

uhm, this is my proteins:

http://www.proteinfabrikken.no/aspx/produk....aspx?plid=1792

Took the text in a translator (kinda bad translation, but)

Manufacturer: Proteinfabrikken

Original Name: 100% Whey Protein

Product Category: Protein Supplements - Nutritional Concentrate

Content: 3000 g

Taste: Milk Chocolate (Milk Chocolate flavor)

* Very lettoppløselig *

100% Whey protein is a very tastefully protein supplements of the highest quality. We use only the finest raw material which is filtered and processed with the latest techniques. Micro and ultra filtration at low temperatures developed and manufactured in Norway of PF and Tine in a common project, to promote healthy food and make a solid whey protein with very high content of essential amino acids and BCAA. The gentle production process safeguards and retain the valuable biological micro-particles in the whey protein. Laktalbumin alpha-, beta-laktoglobulin, glykromakropeptider, imunglobuliner, laktoferin and laktoperoksidas are important immune supporting natural ingredients, 100% Whey Protein. We have added Optipep â„¢, a hydrolysed whey protein that gives 100% Whey Protein the market's fastest and most efficient protein capture in its class. 100% Whey Protein is perfect for athletes who want a quality protein supplement that supports a fast and efficient recovery immediately after exercise and that contains all the important essential amino acids to repair and build muscles.

100% Whey Protein is a Norwegian FOOD BOMB of the highest quality.

Use 100% Whey Protein for breakfast, a snack of protein replenishment of the protein between breakfast and lunch, take 100% Whey for evening meal. After training, we recommend Cell Max â„¢.

A hospitality providers size: 2 measuring cup (approx 60g)

Content

Nutritional Value Per serving 60g Per 100g ADI%

Energy 990 Kj (233 kcal) 1649 Kj (388 kcal) **

Protein 43.2 g 72.0 g **

Carbohydrates 9.0 g 15.0 g **

- Of which sugars 2.4 g 4.0 g **

- Of which lactose 1.0 g 1.7 g **

Fat 2.7 g 4.5 g **

- Of which saturated fat 1.3 g 2.2 g **

Cholesterol 123 mg 205 mg **

Dietary fiber 3.8 g 6.3 g **

Sodium 0.07 g 0.11 g **

Calcium 534 mg / (67%) * 890 mg / (111%) * *

Potassium 390 mg 650 mg **

ADI% *=% recommended daily intake of the reference value. **% No referansevedri stated.

Ingredients: Whey protein concentrate, cocoa with low fat, maltodextrin, fructose, Optipep â„¢ hydrolysed whey protein (with oligo-and polypeptider), fortykningsmiddel (guar gum), flavorings, sweeteners (acesulfame, sucralose), emulsifier (soya lecithin). Containing sweeteners.

Aminosyreprofil per 100g

Alanine 3.8 g

Arginine 1.9 g

Asparginsyre 8.3 g

Cystine 1.8 g

Glutamic acid 14.0 g

Glycine 1.4 g

Histidine 1.4 g

Isoleusin 4.5 g

Leusin 7.9 g

Lysine 6.9 g

Methionine 1.7 g