Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rivercat

Can clogged areas appear inflamed?

Okay, so now with this long battle fighting acne, I'm about 85% clear. I use nothing on my face except the Purpose gentle face cleanser. I've been using this for a good 4 months now and it keeps my skin pretty smooth and clear. The only problem is that I'm still left with very blotchy areas, damaged areas, redmarks and tons of blackheads and clogged pores on my cheeks and nose. I don't have any inflammed acne on my cheeks for the most part...maybe one whitehead a week. But the inner part of my cheek, from my nose to my beardline is all messy and that's the main part of your face that shows. -_-

In the mirror close up my skin doesn't look that bad, but if I back up, it still doesn't look terrible, but it looks all red and inflammed. Only thing is...it's not really inflammed acne, just alot of clogged pores and blackheads. I can literally stand in front of my mirror and extract blackheads from my cheeks and nose all day. My skin looks very blotchy is different lighting and terrible in the sunlight. So basically my question is the topic title...can clogged areas look inflamed and blotchy?

Also, I ordered the 2% BHA Gel from Paula's Choice and hopefully recieving this week. Is the BHA made to get rid of redness and redmarks as well as blackheads? I know it will even my skintone out, so I'm pumped about that. I haven't been using ANY kind of meds like BP on my face for a good 8 months or so, so do you guys think my skin should react to the pretty well BHA? It usually reacts to products pretty well, I'm guessing cause I take pretty good care of my skin these days with the way I wash and all the vitamins and supplements I take everyday. I have confidence that the BHA will do what I want, but some input would be awesome.

Sorry for such a long post but I haven't been here in months and I had a bunch of things to say and ask as you can see. If anyone wants to know my regimen that helped clear me up, let me know.

Thank you!

Maybe the red and inflamed part is hyperpigmentation? Im more or less clear cept you don't really notice for all the splotchy red marks covering my cheeks :rolleyes: they have faded since ive started using 10% AHA on them; which has also been fantastic for the whiteheads on my forehead. Took 4 weeks to start seeing results thou with purging, so i wouldn't expect an instant fix with BHA. I have tons blackheads too, although they could be sebaceous filaments :doubt: which apparently nothing on earth will EVER remove. Im still getting tiny pimples on my nose so im hoping the aha is slowly purging them out or at least make them smaller but im more or less resigned to them now.

But yeah, Im not sure BHA will do much for hyperpigmentation but you can always try. Otherwise i don't belive clogged areas should looked inflamed - afterall they do call white/blackheads 'non'-inflammed acne. :) Perhaps stop picking at it, they should calm down and it reduces the change of scarring and leaving your pores permanently bigger.

I'd say stop picking for awhile and see if it gets better, too.

I love BHA, but since I'm also on Tazorac, I can't tell if it has faded my red marks. She may be a wee bit biased, but Paula of Paula's Choice says it does.