Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tuttifruttini

I know I have a loooooooooooooong way to go!

So I am exactly on Day 7!

To date I have no side effects other than an itchy face, although my face sometimes itched before I went on Accutane.

So not much happened in the first few days until BAM, I hit Day 4! EXPLOSION!!! I damn well hope this is the IB as it is the worst breakout I have ever had! Although I do know I had a lot of 'under the skin' acne that needs to be surfaced and BOY ITS SURFACED! So I left the explosion all day, it was mainly whiteheads which I don’t normally suffer from! I usually get big spots filled with puss, not little whiteheads! It was so bad I could see it erupting whilst I was at work!

I left it, left it and left it.......the next day I woke to I swear what must have been 17 big throbbing whiteheads on one side to 21 throbbing whiteheads on the other side...spreading from my left ear, over my chin and to my right ear! Plus a big red cyst which doesn’t seem to have any poison in is under my eye! :boohoo:

Yesterday came and they weren’t any better so I had a bath and long story short ended up popping, bursting, squeezing and battering them all!

Now my face is lumpy and scabby, pppppfffffffftttt beats bumpy and pussy I guess! :think:

Just posting some pics of before Accutane and then the breakout as not much has happened inbetween!

post-100522-1254146231_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254146238_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254146243_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254146332_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254146340_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254146231_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254146238_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254146243_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254146332_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254146340_thumb.jpg

Hey! It looks like that was definitely an IB. Just think, it can only get better from here on out, and it will be sooo worth it!!! I will be starting in a couple weeks, and we'll see how my IB goes, bc like you said I know I have a lot of stuff chillin underneath my skin, just waiting to come up. :wacko:

Just hang in there!! And I'll keep checking in on you, so keep posting! Good luck!

datz the IB im almost done wit my first month and IB has calm down but it left me with alot of red marks mines was similar to your but a lil bit more

Day 7 PM and Day 8!

Well, let me say, last night was the WORST NIGHT EVER! On my way home my whole face was throbbing, burning up and erupted with some new whiteheads (which are all I seem to be getting but DAMN THEY HURT!) I had to pop about three :shifty:

My face felt like I had burnt it! You know when you have sunburn and your skin feel RAW! Plus I kept getting hot flushes! Plus itching for which when I itch its sore!

So I came home, removed my makeup whilst having to endure the most painful throbbing headache I have ever had....I also felt queasy....which resulted in me just about taking a picture update and I then collapsed into bed very early indeed! :injured:

I woke this morning to find the headache had thankfully gone and maybe my mum is making it up but she reckons my face looks smoother, less bumpy than yesterday! :hand:

Today it does kind of, maybe, if you really had to say....looks a teeny bit smoother (but not really) I think I have formed 3 new whiteheads since being at work along with the other lumps and bumps for which im not even going to start on them!! Tssssssssssssssk!

My hair and skin totally felt drier this morning, my face still feels like its been sun burnt and is sore to touch, I even get a hot top lip like when you have sunburn, im itching on my face and more so the rest of my body now, my lips also felt drier this morning...oh and my trousers that used to be tight are now looser and people at work keep asking if ive lost weight (not that I was fat) but my appetite has decreased over the last few days.....food just doesnt seem appealing.

On an average pain threshold of 1 being not bad at all and 10 being horrific...I would say yesterday PM was a 9 and today is a 3 (BUT DAMN ITS EARLY YET ISNT IT, Pfffffffffffffft) :rolleyes:

My goodness, gracious me I really do hope this is the IB, not being funny peeps but for how bad it was over the weekend and yesterday if it wasn’t the IB then my face is going to look like a car crash....I cant even imagine how it could look any worse???!! :unsure:

Comments are all welcome :wacko:

Day 7, Right, Front, Left

post-100522-1254228259_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254228266_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254229265_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tuttifruttini

Hey! It looks like that was definitely an IB. Just think, it can only get better from here on out, and it will be sooo worth it!!! I will be starting in a couple weeks, and we'll see how my IB goes, bc like you said I know I have a lot of stuff chillin underneath my skin, just waiting to come up. :wacko:

Just hang in there!! And I'll keep checking in on you, so keep posting! Good luck!

Oh thank you lovely! Thanks for the support! :D

And let me know when you start your course and ill be right here helping you through it hehehe! ;)

Hey Tutti,

Hugs! Yep you're definitely having the IB there! I also had an AWFUL one about 1 week after starting Tane. I couldn't even put make up on because it was just too painful to touch my face and the thought of having to touch it quite a lot to remove make up just made me feel sick at the thought of the pain! Very tender sore pustules and cysts.

I broke out in the exact same places as you, even though I never usually break out there. I think mine was slight 'angier' than yours, lots of pus and general unpleasantness! The bad news was it lasted 7 weeks. BUT the first IB was from starting, and it continued as I had my dosage doubled the next month.

The GOOD news is though, after week 8, things turned around. :) My skin still looks totally crap but it's all red marks and healing spots/cysts. I had no actives at all a few days ago, and only 2 now.

I think the first two months are always the roughest, unless you escpae the IB and clear immediately, however some of those people have other side effects to contend with. Tane is definitely a hard journey! Most people see a definite improvement by their third month. Just hang in there. It will all be worth it! :D

datz the IB im almost done wit my first month and IB has calm down but it left me with alot of red marks mines was similar to your but a lil bit more

Hey ya!

How long did it take for your IB to calm down? Ahhhh I feel for guys so much more as you cant cover it with makeup :(

Anyways, thanks for reading my post and hope your acc journey isnt too bad for you!!! ;)

Hey Tutti,

Hugs! Yep you're definitely having the IB there! I also had an AWFUL one about 1 week after starting Tane. I couldn't even put make up on because it was just too painful to touch my face and the thought of having to touch it quite a lot to remove make up just made me feel sick at the thought of the pain! Very tender sore pustules and cysts.

I broke out in the exact same places as you, even though I never usually break out there. I think mine was slight 'angier' than yours, lots of pus and general unpleasantness! The bad news was it lasted 7 weeks. BUT the first IB was from starting, and it continued as I had my dosage doubled the next month.

The GOOD news is though, after week 8, things turned around. :) My skin still looks totally crap but it's all red marks and healing spots/cysts. I had no actives at all a few days ago, and only 2 now.

I think the first two months are always the roughest, unless you escpae the IB and clear immediately, however some of those people have other side effects to contend with. Tane is definitely a hard journey! Most people see a definite improvement by their third month. Just hang in there. It will all be worth it! :D

Hey hon!

Oh thank you for the support! :D

Yes last night was sooooo painful it was horrific! I hope its calmed a little tonight! At the moment it doesnt feel as flared as it did yesterday......only time can tell I guess as time is a healer!

Yeah, im trying to put up and shut up......well other than voicing all my stresses and anger each day on here LOL! People at my work dont know but they must be thinking GOODNESS WHAT THE HELL IS SHE PUTTING ON HER FACE! I just cant wait to get to the point where maybe people will ask that in a GOOD WAY hehehee!

Yep, my dosage is due to be doubled next month and the dosage after that im not sure of but I think he is keen on low doses for a longer amount of time, although he is the creme de la creme of the dermo world so I am up for whatever he throws my way!

Sooooooooooooooooooo trying to keep the faith! You guys do keep me going!! :comfort:

Ouch yes, the pain! I had tears just washing my face...and I'm one tough cookie...ahem so I tell myself! ;) But yes, even the small ones hurt so bad. I'd get stabbing/shooting pains in them, not fun! It only lasts a few weeks maximum though, think of everything been forced out at super speed, it's bound to get sore. It will get better soon!

Low dosage for longer is definitely the way to go, much less chance of really bad breakouts and less severe side effects! :dance:

If you are concerned about a breakout from the upped dosage though don't be afraid to ask for a months anti b's. I wasn't even aware I could have them on Tane, but its only certain ones you can't have, the tetracyclines I think. As I said my IB was very similar to yours except I think I had some bigger pustules/cysts. When I went for my derm appt after the first month, he gave me Erythromycin and I noticed the breakout form the upped dosage, while there weren't less spots, they were less severe. Not sure if it was the tane or the anti b's, but I'm sure the derm wouldn't have given me them if they weren't going to help.

Haha yes it's gonna be sooo good to hear 'what have you done to your face?' in the POSITIVE sense!! It will happen for both of us! And yep, course you gotta come on here to vent. I think unless you've had bad skin you can't understand the impact it has on you in every sense.

You're gonna be fine and have Beautiful skin! Once this annoying purging part is over, which is good when you think about it, everything coming out once and for all woo hoo, then it should be a much smoother road!

Most people see significant improvement by month 3, which felt forever to me when I started, but here I am 9 weeks in. I will get around to putting up a log, just need to figure how to get my pics off my phone, my IB was so bad, but a few weeks later, it's just red marks. I will keep checking your log to see how you're doing, espec as our skin looks quite similar. Just think in a few months time this will all be a distant memory :)

Ouch yes, the pain! I had tears just washing my face...and I'm one tough cookie...ahem so I tell myself! ;) But yes, even the small ones hurt so bad. I'd get stabbing/shooting pains in them, not fun! It only lasts a few weeks maximum though, think of everything been forced out at super speed, it's bound to get sore. It will get better soon!

Low dosage for longer is definitely the way to go, much less chance of really bad breakouts and less severe side effects! :dance:

If you are concerned about a breakout from the upped dosage though don't be afraid to ask for a months anti b's. I wasn't even aware I could have them on Tane, but its only certain ones you can't have, the tetracyclines I think. As I said my IB was very similar to yours except I think I had some bigger pustules/cysts. When I went for my derm appt after the first month, he gave me Erythromycin and I noticed the breakout form the upped dosage, while there weren't less spots, they were less severe. Not sure if it was the tane or the anti b's, but I'm sure the derm wouldn't have given me them if they weren't going to help.

Haha yes it's gonna be sooo good to hear 'what have you done to your face?' in the POSITIVE sense!! It will happen for both of us! And yep, course you gotta come on here to vent. I think unless you've had bad skin you can't understand the impact it has on you in every sense.

You're gonna be fine and have Beautiful skin! Once this annoying purging part is over, which is good when you think about it, everything coming out once and for all woo hoo, then it should be a much smoother road!

Most people see significant improvement by month 3, which felt forever to me when I started, but here I am 9 weeks in. I will get around to putting up a log, just need to figure how to get my pics off my phone, my IB was so bad, but a few weeks later, it's just red marks. I will keep checking your log to see how you're doing, espec as our skin looks quite similar. Just think in a few months time this will all be a distant memory :)

It is sooooooooo painful, it literally was making me feel sick last night :sick: Yeah I was quite happy as I have read that a lower dosage for longer is better. GOODNESS and I cannot even bear the thought of having another IB!!!

Yeah well basically I specifically looked for my dermatologist, he has studied at Oxford University, his specialty is Psoriasis, eczema, acne, infections, he has written thousands of papers on all of these skin conditions, he works in a hospital in Chelsea & Westminster, he also works in a Chelsea Private Hospital (which I went to see him in) and he has his own personal private clinic....so basically THIS GUY IS THE CREME DE LA CREME OF THE DERMATOLOGY WORLD. He gave me my Roaccutane, Cetaphil Cleanser, Doublebase Moisturizer Gel and Erythromycin Antibiotics to hopefully calm any initial flare up!

WELL, I guess I cant really tell if they have calmed the IB or not LOL??! But I am defo thinking of asking him for some more next month unless my skin calms dramatically, although I will ask if he does up my dosage to 40MG which im pretty sure he will as I have no side effects really other than dry skin............. Meh!

So 9 weeks in your all clear other than red marks!!!? WOW, you must be pleased!! CONGRATS! What I would give to not have my lumpy, bumpy, scabby face, although as you say.........shows its working!!!

So what are you looking into for the left over marks? Isnt Bio Oil good for that? Or have you asked your Dermo what he could maybe recommend? :D

He sounds FAB! Well done for finding him!!! Ithink some of us are going to get an Ib no matter what we do!

The first derm I saw was useless...she just didn't seem to give a toss! No anti b's, moisturiser recommedations and so on. Thankfully after that I saw a different one and he has been better, just wish I'd had someone who actually took an interest in the beginning, because anything to calm down that IB would have been great. I have been left with quite bad scars from it. There is some major indentation going on along my cheekbones, just the most noticable place ever. :rolleyes: Before this I only had one scar from a severe cyst years before.

I have only 2 'actives' right now, and they are nothing to complain about. So apart from that I'm clear :dance: but my skin still looks really bad because where every spot has been it is Very dark red. Also I still have quite a few bumps from healing spots, so I'm a bit worried about what my skin will look like when those remaining bumps go down. With them being all part of the IB I'm dreading seeing more indented scars. Of course with the amount of redness there is everything looks worse anyway. It's just a time thing :) So glad I didn't pick at anything! Definitely don't do that :naughty:

I did ask my derm last week what I can do about the redness/scarring. He said nothing until 3-6 months after finishing. Then look at peels and so on depending on severity of scars, but red marks will fade in time. At the moment though, nothing to be done really.

I'm a bit wary of putting Bio Oil on my face as it's broke me out in the past. However I bought some Emu oil which is supposed to be great for red marks (lots said about it on the review section on here.) I've been using it at night and it's a great moisturiser, hasn't made me break out, but it's too soon to see how it will help the redness because everything is still healing.

Accutane is definitely a rough journey. looking through the gallery always cheers me up though, seeing how far people have come :)

Day 7 PM and Day 8!

Well, let me say, last night was the WORST NIGHT EVER! On my way home my whole face was throbbing, burning up and erupted with some new whiteheads (which are all I seem to be getting but DAMN THEY HURT!) I had to pop about three :shifty:

My face felt like I had burnt it! You know when you have sunburn and your skin feel RAW! Plus I kept getting hot flushes! Plus itching for which when I itch its sore!

So I came home, removed my makeup whilst having to endure the most painful throbbing headache I have ever had....I also felt queasy....which resulted in me just about taking a picture update and I then collapsed into bed very early indeed! :injured:

I woke this morning to find the headache had thankfully gone and maybe my mum is making it up but she reckons my face looks smoother, less bumpy than yesterday! :hand:

Today it does kind of, maybe, if you really had to say....looks a teeny bit smoother (but not really) I think I have formed 3 new whiteheads since being at work along with the other lumps and bumps for which im not even going to start on them!! Tssssssssssssssk!

My hair and skin totally felt drier this morning, my face still feels like its been sun burnt and is sore to touch, I even get a hot top lip like when you have sunburn, im itching on my face and more so the rest of my body now, my lips also felt drier this morning...oh and my trousers that used to be tight are now looser and people at work keep asking if ive lost weight (not that I was fat) but my appetite has decreased over the last few days.....food just doesnt seem appealing.

On an average pain threshold of 1 being not bad at all and 10 being horrific...I would say yesterday PM was a 9 and today is a 3 (BUT DAMN ITS EARLY YET ISNT IT, Pfffffffffffffft) :rolleyes:

My goodness, gracious me I really do hope this is the IB, not being funny peeps but for how bad it was over the weekend and yesterday if it wasn’t the IB then my face is going to look like a car crash....I cant even imagine how it could look any worse???!! :unsure:

Comments are all welcome :wacko:

Those pictures look like my current face (minus white heads, just all red and bumpy and downright no fair). I am thinking about doing a second round of accutane when I get insurance so I can pay for it. Hopefully everything works out for you!

Get Aquaphor moisturizer and start using it for your lips now. They will peel like crazy.

Hey Tuttifruttini!

You started 2 days after me! Yea sound like my IB. after few days I broke oty with LOADs of white heads around my mouth and jaw line! Never had so many before! I popped a few of them ( i know is shouldnt but couldnt walk around like that) but the next few days I kept geting more white heads popping up! I think Im going to leave it now and wait fo it to dry up as I dont think im helping.

Also seen your from London! so am I. Just wondered do you use double base twice a day and how is it? My face is tight and red! Iv started using bio oil now (it clear red marks too) ....not sure if its breaking me out as I cannot really tell if its my IB anyways. And how did you get cetaphil?!? they dont sell it in england!

Your derm sounds awesome btw!

Good luck ! I ll keep an eye out for updates. hopefully we both be cfully clear in few months!

all the best :D

So I am exactly on Day 7!

To date I have no side effects other than an itchy face, although my face sometimes itched before I went on Accutane.

So not much happened in the first few days until BAM, I hit Day 4! EXPLOSION!!! I damn well hope this is the IB as it is the worst breakout I have ever had! Although I do know I had a lot of 'under the skin' acne that needs to be surfaced and BOY ITS SURFACED! So I left the explosion all day, it was mainly whiteheads which I don’t normally suffer from! I usually get big spots filled with puss, not little whiteheads! It was so bad I could see it erupting whilst I was at work!

I left it, left it and left it.......the next day I woke to I swear what must have been 17 big throbbing whiteheads on one side to 21 throbbing whiteheads on the other side...spreading from my left ear, over my chin and to my right ear! Plus a big red cyst which doesn’t seem to have any poison in is under my eye! :boohoo:

Yesterday came and they weren’t any better so I had a bath and long story short ended up popping, bursting, squeezing and battering them all!

Now my face is lumpy and scabby, pppppfffffffftttt beats bumpy and pussy I guess! :think:

Just posting some pics of before Accutane and then the breakout as not much has happened inbetween!

So I am exactly on Day 7! Heeey hang in there! It's a rough ride with ups and downs but in the end you will be amazed!!! I had break outs during the course on and off. I think every time they upped the dosage I broke out. BUT it heals fast and is nothing like the initial so don't worry. Thee lips are rediculously dry and sooo annoying, but just pray and ride the storm. You are in my thoughts good luck!!!

barbiegirl

He sounds FAB! Well done for finding him!!! Ithink some of us are going to get an Ib no matter what we do!

The first derm I saw was useless...she just didn't seem to give a toss! No anti b's, moisturiser recommedations and so on. Thankfully after that I saw a different one and he has been better, just wish I'd had someone who actually took an interest in the beginning, because anything to calm down that IB would have been great. I have been left with quite bad scars from it. There is some major indentation going on along my cheekbones, just the most noticable place ever. :rolleyes: Before this I only had one scar from a severe cyst years before.

I have only 2 'actives' right now, and they are nothing to complain about. So apart from that I'm clear :dance: but my skin still looks really bad because where every spot has been it is Very dark red. Also I still have quite a few bumps from healing spots, so I'm a bit worried about what my skin will look like when those remaining bumps go down. With them being all part of the IB I'm dreading seeing more indented scars. Of course with the amount of redness there is everything looks worse anyway. It's just a time thing :) So glad I didn't pick at anything! Definitely don't do that :naughty:

I did ask my derm last week what I can do about the redness/scarring. He said nothing until 3-6 months after finishing. Then look at peels and so on depending on severity of scars, but red marks will fade in time. At the moment though, nothing to be done really.

I'm a bit wary of putting Bio Oil on my face as it's broke me out in the past. However I bought some Emu oil which is supposed to be great for red marks (lots said about it on the review section on here.) I've been using it at night and it's a great moisturiser, hasn't made me break out, but it's too soon to see how it will help the redness because everything is still healing.

Accutane is definitely a rough journey. looking through the gallery always cheers me up though, seeing how far people have come :)

Ahhh yes, leaving it to heal for a further 3-6 months when your off the tane! Well you never know it has been mentioned that the redness etc heals in that period! Oooh ill have to look into the Emu oil when mine is all cool! Good luck with that though missy and let me know how you get on!!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez ive a long way to go! Hanging in there hehehee ;)

Hey there...Im currenty on week 6 and still breaking out..Hopefully it stops soon. Derm said its very common to last for first 3 months, even more for some.

From what Ive read here, its a minority that clears up straight after first 15 days. However the breakouts should get less and less severe towards month 3.

Good luck to you, will be following you process! Dont you just wish time would fly by...

Day 8 PM and Day 9!

WELL, taking my makeup off yesterday was a lot calmer and less painful, which is such a relief!

I would say that today would be the first day where my skin looks like how it used to on a bad day and not like the horrific IB I had! I am almost worried about writing this down as to not speak too soon kinda thing but im throwing it out there as this is what has happened! :think:

So I got up this morning and woke to no new actives and the whiteheads in which I found last night (which there were 3) I popped.....I KNOW this is bad but the way I see it is they will pop by themselves eventually anyways and at the end of the day I would rather do it in the safety of my own home rather than have it pop at work and then possibly get infected as I wear makeup to work........so yar thats my excuse heheehee! :badgrin: So it looks like these whiteheads I have been popping, they seem to be turning into scabs the following day and then literally dropping off on the next day, leaving a little red mark which the following day heals! :D

Today my face is still bumpy but no where near as bumpy and sore as the previous few days! To be honest it hasnt reached the dryness in which I expected it to! Feels little itchy when touched and my lips still do a little too but if I wasnt looking out for it I doubt I would have been concerned...I may have just added a little extra balm on my lips!

I HATE TO SAY IT! But it really does feel today that my IB is OVER, I know its only today and I may have a break out again by the time I get home but maybe I wont and maybe it will clear now! YA NEVER KNOW!

POSITIVE THINKING PEEPS (Dont qoute me though LOL! :lol:)

Pics of Day 8, Left, Front, Right.

post-100522-1254322132_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254322139_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254322144_thumb.jpg

Hey there...Im currenty on week 6 and still breaking out..Hopefully it stops soon. Derm said its very common to last for first 3 months, even more for some.

From what Ive read here, its a minority that clears up straight after first 15 days. However the breakouts should get less and less severe towards month 3.

Good luck to you, will be following you process! Dont you just wish time would fly by...

Eeeeeeeek yes! It does seem to be that way with the IB! I was on a real bad IB last weekend with my initial breakout and constant flares..........although now im on an IB high as ive not formed any new breakouts today.........although could be another story by the time I get home! BUT POSITIVE THINKING HEHEHEEHEE :lol:

Thanks for the info and I shall be checking in on you too GOOD LUCK XOXO

Hey Tuttifruttini!

You started 2 days after me! Yea sound like my IB. after few days I broke oty with LOADs of white heads around my mouth and jaw line! Never had so many before! I popped a few of them ( i know is shouldnt but couldnt walk around like that) but the next few days I kept geting more white heads popping up! I think Im going to leave it now and wait fo it to dry up as I dont think im helping.

Also seen your from London! so am I. Just wondered do you use double base twice a day and how is it? My face is tight and red! Iv started using bio oil now (it clear red marks too) ....not sure if its breaking me out as I cannot really tell if its my IB anyways. And how did you get cetaphil?!? they dont sell it in england!

Your derm sounds awesome btw!

Good luck ! I ll keep an eye out for updates. hopefully we both be cfully clear in few months!

all the best :D

Your not the only one, Ive been popping mine too, they tend to scab over the next day, then fall off and be red and then clear!!! Clearing real quick so far! Though I left a whitehead the other day from Friday - Sunday it dried up but then reappeared, making me think maybe I am doing the right think popping them, eeeeeeeeek I dont know! But id rather pop them in my own home than them splatter on their own whilst im at work or in a meeting! YUK! :snooty:

Yeah basically my regime is Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser to remove my makeup, I then apply my Doublebase and Carmex lipbalm (from Boots) in the evening, then in the morning I apply my Carmex and E45 (from Boots) as it tends to sit better under my makeup! I also use the E45 shower gel and lotion when get out of the shower, my derm said its all good!

Yeah I got my Cetaphil, Doublebase, Antibiotics & Accutane all from the hospital when I went to see him....But as you say, Boots dont seem to have shit! I have asked my Mum to take a look and ask in her hospital pharmacy (as she works there) and to ask them where we could buy it as there doesnt seem to be anywhere on the net other than Drugstore.com which will charge shipping! Other than that all I can think of is Superdrug and little regular local pharmacys? But ill update you when I know!

With regards to the Bio Oil my Derm says less is more, do not complicate things at this early stage so hon....if I was you I would stick to a gentle cleanser and moisturizer! :think:

Yeah MY DERMATOLOGIST ROCKS!!! He even gave me his mobile number and email WOOOW :dance:

Let me know how your getting on!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!! :D

Day 9 - 11

Right, sorry I havent posted the last few days but I am going to post every few days with an update and picture so that we can tell if there is more difference etc!

I am posting day 9 pictures now and then I will post Day 14 or 15 in my next post....unless I have any strange things start to happen!!

So basically my face still isnt as dry as I thought it would be other than the spots I already have all just seem to be scabbing over and flaking off...along with the whiteheads I have popped! Seems to be a three day turnaround, Day one - Pop and Sore, Day two - Scab and red mark, Day three - Gone.....?! With a few exceptions!

I feel completely normal other than a tiny amont of itching in various parts, mainly face and head. I have noticed I am drinking a lot more water, but I used to drink lots anyway so now I just prob notice if I dont if you know what I mean....other than that I am AB FAB at the momento (touch wood) still lumpy and bumpy but nothing I cant cover...basically back to how I was before with slowly but surely what seems to be some amazing results!

So I hope everyone else is doing ok!!!

HAPPY DAYS! :whistle:

Pictures: Left, Right, Front

post-100522-1254479610_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254479614_thumb.jpg

post-100522-1254479618_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tuttifruttini

Hi hun! :)

Just checking in to see how you're doing! :)

I've just looked at your pics!!

Great improvement already! :dance: Everything looks a lot less angry, woo hoo! So pleased your IB seems to be getting over with already!! I got mine about a week in to the course, after practically clearing int he first week lol, and it lasted weeks...my skin wasn't starting to calm down like yours til about 7 weeks in, so I reckon you're doing really well!! :D Yay!

Sooo great that your red marks are fading quickly too! That's awesome!! I've still got red marks from every spot I had on the IB and they aren't fading yet lol, but I think that's just because everything flared up soo quickly and stayed weeks, a lot for my poor skin to get over I think! :think: But if yours are going away now that is brilliant, because as you get further into your course they would have taken longer with the skin getting more fragile, so it's perfect timing for you!

Yay! Cant wait to see next weeks pics! xxx

'Chloe_1' date='Oct 2 2009, 12:16 PM'

OH YAY THANK YOU HON, MEANS A LOT!! It does feel a lot less angry now!! And it doesnt hurt to touch and put on my makeup!! AND im getting my hair cut tonight and I was nearly in tears last time as I have a sore patch near my right ear and they kept catching it by mistake whilst washing my hair etc and it hurt so so much :cry: BUT today it doesnt hurt to touch, still looks bumpy but whatevers, im sooo excited to get my hair done painlessly LOL!

Oh I do hope it does get better from here on out....I have been so down and sad (I get neck ache from looking at the floor so much :( ) and these past few days I have been looking up a little more and even got my high heels out to wear today and yesterday :dance: theyve been in the closet for a loooooooooooooong time!

Dustin off me dancin shoes hehehehe!

Have you tried Vitamin E or asking in Health shops etc? Maybe see what they say as I read people take VitE with Tane to help the healing process, scars etc? xoxoxox

Hey ya!

How long did it take for your IB to calm down? Ahhhh I feel for guys so much more as you cant cover it with makeup :(

Anyways, thanks for reading my post and hope your acc journey isnt too bad for you!!! ;)

hey hows it going hows the accutane? well to answer ur question it took at least 4 week it was crazy and painful. but after a few weeks it realy calm down it seem as if it is dying ahahaha. makes me wanna try makeup for the past few weeks haha but dat will never happen. anyway goodluck :)