Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mike444

Needle for cyst?

I have a huge painful cystic pimple on my cheek. I was wondering if I should use a needle to try to drain it. Please don't say it will lead to infection etc because I take very good care of any area prone to infection whether it be a cut or pimple with neosporin and what not. I also wash the area on my face anytime after popping pimples and I've popped thousands without a single scar.

Wynne's going to tar and feather me, but honestly, I do it all the time too. I haven't had any of those bad side effects yet and no scars. Sometimes a pop is all it needs to begin healing. If you're going to try it, I would tell you not to force it. If the skin is still pretty thick, it's going to hurt and probably won't drain effectively. I usually like to wait until there's a head or the skin has gotten really thin.

I don't have cysts very often, only a few a year, but when I do they are always so painful. I usually get them on my chin and at first I leave them alone because they only hurt when I touch them. Usually they just get bigger and bigger and about the time they start hurting when I talk is about the time they feel like they are almost sitting on top of my skin (they stick our really far). That's usually when I drain them, there's a pop and then they bleed and then go away. I wouldn't mess then when they feel really deep down though, I wait until they feel like they are on top of my skin.

I hope I don't jinx myself and wakeup with one tomorrow :lol:

This summer, I had a HUGE cyst on my nose. I basically let it grow until I felt like it was at it's biggest, then I put tetrenoin on it which gave it a large white head overnight. In the morning, I took a hot shower and used a needle to drain it. I actually had to drain it in 3 different places since it was so large, but it went from like 5mm to flat in 10 minutes. It left a red scar afterwards, but a red scar is so much better than a huge cyst. I kept putting tretenoin on my scar and 2 months later, it's basically gone. So basically, be prepared for the worst if you do decide to take a needle to it and do it really carefully, but I would say it's worth it.