Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lool_101

Is acne disgusting to others?

How do others think about person who have got acne? is that person disgusting?

I avoid girl when she is trying to kiss or just get close.

im am desperate now, im afraid I'll become disgusting to her...

Ive tried everything, spent 100s dollars every month for treaments, but they did nothing...

some of them made my acne worse, some of them really helped but acne occurs everytime i forget to use treament

sorry for my bad english

Edited by lool_101

I'd prefer a girl with confidence issues/acne as opposed to someone who hasn't experienced it.

Just a level of understanding that other people can't get.

Sometimes you have to be on a regime for at least 3 months before you start seeing results.

I believe people do get disgusted by acne, at least the people who haven't had to deal with it.

We all find it disgusting or unsightly, else none of us will be here. Kinda odd asking whether other people find it disgusting when we ourselves find it disgusting.

The crux rather, is how noticeable your acne is, and how other parts of you shine through to overshadow your acne.

Personally, It really just depends on who the person is. usually, the closer the person is relationship wise, the less their really going to care. Whether it be your best friend, Mother, Father, Close aunt, cousin, grandmother etc.. Their going to care about you and not going to be all "eh, that is so gross". They may point it out and say "aww honey, your skin look reallly inflammed or have you bee doing your acne treatment". sometimes, even sayin it kindly hurts, more than than when someone is obnoxious about it because even those who are close to you, notices the severity of it.

Acne kind of gives this false impression that the person is dirty or doesn't take care of themselves hygiene wise. That, can kind of repell people away but it's just an excuse for people alot of times of not getting to know the person or be associated with someone who has a poor complexion. Their are people that can easily overlook your skin issues and treat you as your equal to everyone else and there are those who are caught up in their remputation and won't associate with you or even get close to you.

Alot of times it's not the acne people hate but the person that it can influence the person to be as. Because theirs plenty of people who have acne and yet, manages to keep their very sponteous and congenial personality. I think it reallly depends on who you are and what your temperment is. It's especially hard to introverts in being social when they have acne.

Yes, some people think it's gross. I've heard "Eeeww!" being commented on me once. That was in JH though. People get more mature and more understanding with age, well some at least. I remember a 40-year-old woman who looked like she worked in the beauty industry with her perfect hair, makeup, skin and clothes and who looked at me like I was scum and should apologize for my existence.

Personally, It really just depends on who the person is. usually, the closer the person is relationship wise, the less their really going to care. Whether it be your best friend, Mother, Father, Close aunt, cousin, grandmother etc.. Their going to care about you and not going to be all "eh, that is so gross". They may point it out and say "aww honey, your skin look reallly inflammed or have you bee doing your acne treatment". sometimes, even sayin it kindly hurts, more than than when someone is obnoxious about it because even those who are close to you, notices the severity of it.

Don't let your own self-consciousness get in the way of a relationship... if she has no problem with it, don't overthink it, just go with it.

I've come to realize I see much more of my own flaws than others see it me...

So, I ultimitely think "who gives a *^#&*$^# what anyone else thinks" :lol:

Theres actually a girl in my college who I see hanging around on her own, she doesn't seem to confident so I wanna talk to her when I get the chance, I was her once but I just can't find her anymore haha. I don't like to see people on they're own so I'd just keep her company n stuff.

from what I noticed she did have mild acne but thats not reason to be on your own, I have friends and my acne is mild/mod.

If I have a pimple I find it the extremely disgusting. When I come across a person with acne, I honestly don’t even notice and if I do (look hard), I don’t find it one bit of a turn off. I guess I am just my own critic.

If I have a pimple I find it the extremely disgusting. When I come across a person with acne, I honestly don’t even notice and if I do (look hard), I don’t find it one bit of a turn off. I guess I am just my own critic.

I'm exactly the same... and you look very pretty BTW :angel:

Short answer is, Yes. I've said Eww, man glad i'm not him/her, though not out loud. Seeing a person with quite severe acne. Though all acne is unattractive I can usually overlook a few pimples, but then I have had acne so maybe its just sympathizing. Can't imagine what people think who have never had acne. I'd say they're pretty critical though. People are, in general, not very nice.

I remember a 40-year-old woman who looked like she worked in the beauty industry with her perfect hair, makeup, skin and clothes and who looked at me like I was scum

I hate people like this and I've experienced the same.

When somebody finds a place in the world that's beautiful and where everyone is kind to eachother than let me know.

I think I'll end this with a rant. Hey everyone listen to my problems. I moved to a different town, far away from my friends, no one talks to eachother in the college I started and it's impossible for me to make friends. I also have acne. Today I hate my life.

No, I do not feel disgusting because acne does not make me disgusting... you decide to let acne make you feel that way.

Now, I think incidents where a person makes you feel horrible because of your acne obviously contributes to this. But, all in all, I'd say that no, it's not disgusting and somebody who cares about you won't even care about it. I promise.

It is a long and difficult process to understand and accept yourself, acne and all (and other flaws), but it can be done. Just hang in there. :comfort:

I always feel so bad when I look at people with severe acne. Like there was one guy who was in my class back in highschool who had unbelievably bad acne. And I can't help thinking, there must be something he can do about that right? And then I realize that I'm just another one of those people who goes up and thinks: You should get some proactiv for that shiizz! Then again the guy had greasy hair and wore dirty clothing so that also impacted the picture and made me think that he didn't do anything hygienically. And I honestly found him disgusting. I feel bad. And somewhere between being disgusted and avoiding him, I felt pity, because even though I've only ever had moderate acne I could sympathize just a little bit.