Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fudge1

Benzoyl Peroxide.... BUT WHAT NEXT?

Hi,

I have been using benzoyl peroxide wash and cream for about 2 weeks now,

the effects have been that my skin is now quite smooth and the acne isn't red, or particularly bumpy anymore.

I suppose this is a good thing, but the acne is still quite visibleand noticeable, and thats what I want to take away..

Will the benzoyl peroxide eventually get rid of all the acne (its been effective so far), or should I use some other product to eliminate the acne altogether.

Also, is the acne on my face now scarred? cos if so then there's a hell of a lot of scarring!

x

using too much benzoyl peroxide can irritate your skin, it will leave red marks. you need something more gentle. try a cleanser with AHA, it is supposed to take away the red marks and scars

It can take a long time for red marks to fade, and BP can make then red longer (I think). AHA is good, I've been using glycolic acid and it's been working very well on the red marks.

**the marks aren't red, the spots have dried out, but they're still visible.. they're like a darkish colour...

will the benzoyl peroxide dry them out till they go? or has it done all it can do? x

It pretty much done all it can do.

The dark marks can be there for a very very long time.

To speed up the process of fading it, some people use some sort of acid peel thing.

But you most likely have just a normal dark spot and it will fade over time. Maybe like in a few days, it'll be less noticable. It'll still be able to be seen, but everyday it'll fade.

Now if you had bad bad acne and stuff and it keeps on coming, then now that's a different story. You can see many females(can see on males too but that's not the point) with this around the jaw line, and if they're good, they can get their makeup to hide such things. Most of them aren't that good at hiding it though.... At least not to me.

You should be alright.