Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MR17

MY CHIN ACNE WON'T GO AWAY :(

Hello, I am very happy to say that my skin is well on its way to being clear....except for my chin area. I don't have acne on my forehead, nose, sides, or back, but when I do have some in those areas, Dans BP usually does the trick for me. Now on the other hand, my CHIN acne sucks. Why do I have so many little bumps and pimples there? I mean I have about 9 right now and yesterday before bed I only had 5...they keep popping up. Just when one dies out, another one comes in and its frustrating, it seems like my chin area doesn't want to be treated....what can I do? any help would be much appreciated, thanks you guys

I would always sleep on my chin, this would irritate it and i would break out.

Take fish oil, zinc, helps a lot

First, are you male or female? If you're female, it could be hormonal. Sorry, I would provide advice otherwise, but I can't really tell if you don't provide your gender.

I'm assume with the Mr. on MR17, you are male. If you're male, then don't worry about the hormonal bit. Thanks!

My chin is the place I get them too, and my chin is very hard to treat because of my sensitive skin. I can't use BP at all and any type of harsh medicine that gets into the crease of my chin makes is crack, raw and burn :(

What I've been doing lately is trying to treat with a combination of very mild products. I use a 2% SA wash in the morning, I don't leave the SA on my face. Then after I moisturize I apply a miniscule amount of glycolic acid just to the sides of my chin. At night I skip the SA, but still do the glycolic acid, again, just a tad and right before bed I apply saltwater. I let the saltwater dry and sleep with it like that.

I'm not 100% clear on my chin, but it’s not near as bad as it was.

Hey thanks for all of your replies. Yes I am a male (20yrs old) and I have already been taking fish oil, zinc, and I have been drinking tons of water...I don't know what it is, I don't think I sleep on my chin and I regularly replace my bed sheets and pillow case....Alona my chin is like yours, its so sensitive and it gets dry and its irritating. It's also really red so I use visine drops on it to relieve the redness....I don't know whats up with my chin but I would be so happy if it could just go away.

Arrghhh I have it too whenever I get a pimple anywhere I else I combat it and its gone by the next morning however chin the little fuckers keep popping up and theyre not pimples just red marks that seem to be invulnerable to every single way of treating this shit has anyone got ANY ideas?

i have exactly the same problem :( it's so annoying because the rest of my face is clear! but my chin is really red and has loads of whiteheads :( FML.